• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What are they worth?

Which was the angle JtG took, i was offering the alternative... ;)

I made a similar point earlier on in the thread, what we'd sell for is higher than what teams would buy for - although i imagine with Townsend there are probably a couple of clubs who would meet our valuation of him atm thanks to his england goals and reputation in the media

I dont know if his reputation in the media is anything special, but certainly his performances for England could only enhance his value. I was looking at the SaintsWeb forum when he was speculated with Southampton and the consensus on there was that they didnt want him....

You don't actually give any credence to those figures though, do you?

That site's pretty much the leading authority on transfer values in world football.

I'd say that Rose and Townsend are rated a little to highly and that Kane's value is lagging behind his recent performances. But what it does very well is take our bias out of it and gives you a valuation from an entirely neutral standpoint.

That site's pretty much the leading authority on transfer values in world football.

I'd say that Rose and Townsend are rated a little to highly and that Kane's value is lagging behind his recent performances. But what it does very well is take our bias out of it and gives you a valuation from an entirely neutral standpoint.

I dont think Im being biased in saying Mason is worth more than £220k and Bentaleb £2.64m....

You live and die by what you read on the interwebnet don't you?

Back on planet Earth:

Lloris £14m - too low
Kaboul £5.7m - way too high
Dembele £15m - too high
Paulinho £15m - too high
Bentaleb £2.6m - way too low
Mason £220k - lol
Eriksen £17.6m - too low
Chadli £5.3m - too low
Lennon £10.5m - too high
Lamela £21m - too high
Kane £2.6m - way, way too low
Soldado £15.8m - way too high
Ade £8m - way too high

Back on planet Earth:

Lloris £14m - too low
Dembele £15m - too high
Paulinho £15m - too high
Mason £220k - lol
Eriksen £17.6m - too low
Chadli £5.3m - too low
Lennon £10.5m - too high
Lamela £21m - too high
Ade £8m - way too high

It is a supply/demand world, was Andy Carroll ever worth what Pool paid for him? no, but he went for that price.

Llrois/Eriksen are two players that if they left would likely be for highly inflated values (big CL club, us not wanting to sell)
Bentaleb/Chadli/Mason/Kaboul/Lennon/Dembele are all to me in the same range 5-10M depending on how much a manager sees them as key to their plans or how much we want to shift some.
Ade is worth a lot, but his wages will kill a lot of his potential value
Soldado/Lamela we could probably get decent fees for outside of England (and probably have to settle for appearance/performance payouts over time)

Kane is the odd one, English striker, in form, don't see less than 10-12M, but could skyrocket based on progress or if someone wants him badly.

Rose 8 Million
Potential Buyers: Clubs outside the top 6.
Most likely destination if sold: Sunderland

Bentalab 14 Million currently, though could rise depending on how he improves and if he adds goals and assists to his game.
Potential Buyers: Clubs outside the top 2.
Most likely destination if sold: Manchester United

Mason: 10 Million
Potential Buyers: Footballing clubs outside the top 4
Most likely destination if sold: Everton

Townsend 12 Million.
Potential Buyers: Clubs outside the top 6
Most likely destination if sold: Southampton

Kane 18 Million, though will increase depending on performances/goals
Potential Buyers: Top four club
Most likely destination if sold: Chelsea

Back on planet Earth:

Lloris £14m - too low
Dembele £15m - too high
Paulinho £15m - too high
Mason £220k - lol
Eriksen £17.6m - too low
Chadli £5.3m - too low
Lennon £10.5m - too high
Lamela £21m - too high
Ade £8m - way too high
And that post perfectly describes the bias I said needed removing. Thanks for doing so for me.

Back on planet Earth:

Lloris £14m - too low
Dembele £15m - too high
Paulinho £15m - too high
Mason £220k - lol
Eriksen £17.6m - too low
Chadli £5.3m - too low
Lennon £10.5m - too high
Lamela £21m - too high
Ade £8m - way too high

I would say they are pretty ok actually.

Lloris seems cheap because GKs are always cheap. Soldado/Paulinho/Lamela will have greater value in the S Europe/S American markets etc.

The ones that possibly need adjusting are Ade and Kaboul in respect of their short contracts, and Mason/Bentaleb/Kane because these values are probably from the start of the season, rather than reflecting their progress in the past 6 months.

Back on planet Earth:

Lloris £14m - too low
Dembele £15m - too high
Paulinho £15m - too high
Mason £220k - lol
Eriksen £17.6m - too low
Chadli £5.3m - too low
Lennon £10.5m - too high
Lamela £21m - too high
Ade £8m - way too high

Agreed. All of those valuations are wrong.

The question was what are they worth - that can be interpreted as either from a buying clubs perspective or from the selling clubs perspective.

Would you sell Mason or Bentaleb for 10/12m? If not then that'd suggest that they are worth more than that to you...

I'd bite your hand off for £12m for Bentaleb. Mason has barely played half a season in the PL. Anything more than £10m is too much IMO. I'd say they are both worth around £8m as things stand.

Really interesting question OP.
This is very much dependent on buyer and seller obviously. Looking at seller, THFC have a (deserved) reputation for getting top dollar which I reckon means we don't always move players on at the right time. The massive fees for Modric, Bale, Berbatov were when we really didn't want to sell our crown jewels but got bit the bigger fish. The only player on that sort of category right now is Lloris, maybe Eriksen by the end of the season. Of the ones the OP mentioned you could argue Kane fits into that category. However, he is still far from proven and what happens when the form dips? Hes not got the experience of Lukaku, similar to Jordan Rhodes but I am sure that would be an undervaluation. Maybe a similar value to Sturridge two years ago when he went from Chelsea or Welbeck to Arsenal ? Around £20m I guess???

Mason, Bentaleb haven't shown themselves to be anything that will capture the imagination in the Premier League yet. Decent midfielders, but in that Huddlestone/Livermore field, £5-£10m

Offer Levy over £10m for Rose and that's a done deal, especially with Davies coming on and the now surplus of full backs.

Townsend, we could get a big wodge for. He will never be as good as Bale or Giggs but he is underused at Spurs. Stick him any other PL team for a season and he will get you 10 spectacular goals a season plus more than that in assists (intentional or not).
We could get even £15m for him

I'd bite your hand off for £12m for Bentaleb. Mason has barely played half a season in the PL. Anything more than £10m is too much IMO. I'd say they are both worth around £8m as things stand.

You don't think either has much potential then?

I predict if Bentaleb was available for 12m there'd be a queue of clubs wanting to sign him a mile long

Headed by Madrid (who'd then loan him out for 3 years)

:lol:

He'll never be good enough to play for Real Madrid. He's a decent squad player but, come on...Real Madrid?!

Then again, last season, I thought that Kane was rubbish :oops: that was before his run at the end of the season & his performances this season. Maybe the same will happen with Bentaleb.

I would say they are pretty ok actually.

Lloris seems cheap because GKs are always cheap. Soldado/Paulinho/Lamela will have greater value in the S Europe/S American markets etc.

The ones that possibly need adjusting are Ade and Kaboul in respect of their short contracts, and Mason/Bentaleb/Kane because these values are probably from the start of the season, rather than reflecting their progress in the past 6 months.
Kane's value was last updated in August so I'd expect it to jump at the next review.

Current estimates on their forum have him at around £10M+

Regarding Bentaleb, there's been no amateur input whatsoever into his valuation, which would confirm what I've heard anecdotally - that he's not that well known outside of Spurs yet. His valuation was set in August too - not sure when the next update is.

Bentaleb with the right coaching and right attitude can become a very special player but these prices are supposed to reflect current value. I would be very surprised if anyone would offer more than 10 million for him now and with his obvious potential I would be very surprised if we would be looking at anything other than developing him in to the star he can become.

Masons stock all depends on how this season pans out and whether Woy takes a liking to him. If he has a good season, a few goals and assists from his role and gets an England call up he could soon be worth a fair bit. Look at Delph, he is out of contract in the summer and some of the potential offers for him are not small amounts. I don't think he is better than Mason. Similar if anything.

Kane the same as Bentaleb.

At the rate he's going Kane has the potential to become a £30m+ player within the next couple of seasons. Therefore we would be crazy to allow him to leave for anything less than that.

Back