• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What are they worth?

All you guys lowballing the fees dont realise how much transfer fees have gone up in the last 5 years.
We got over 8m for Caulker and 8m for Livermore.

My opinion is as follows:

Rose - £15m
Bentaleb - £18m
Mason - £12m
Townsend - £15m
Kane - £20m

Townsend gets an inflated fee on the back of his England exploits.

Rose - £15m
Bentaleb - £18m
Mason - £12m
Townsend - £15m
Kane - £20m

what club is going to pay 15 for rose? the only clubs he would be good enough for are clubs like palace and west brom and they sure as hell wont pay that when they can get a similar player from abroad for a fraction of the price.

what club is going to pay 15 for rose? the only clubs he would be good enough for are clubs like palace and west brom and they sure as hell wont pay that when they can get a similar player from abroad for a fraction of the price.

Didn't West Ham spend £12m on Ryan Jarvis or am I making that up?

Rose - £15m
Bentaleb - £18m
Mason - £12m
Townsend - £15m
Kane - £20m

Obviously all of this speculation is ended by they are worth what someone is willing to pay In the above Bentaleb maybe a little high as well as some others, but Kane could go for more etc. You can argue over the ins and outs, but the sums are quite possible if someone really wants them. Which means these players are in total worth about the same as Bale. Add Prichard, Carol etc as well as the new crop coming through...you can see why Levy has been investing in youth! They are not just the future they are £££.

But the thread wasn't supposed to just be about cash money, but also about their development. These players are on that knife point. They could become the next big thing, or drop away down the leagues. Fine margins. I think we can see enough in most of these crop: they should/are holding their own in the PL. Will it ultimately be at a top, middle or bottom club? You could categorise players in that way too. For example:

Kane = Champions League (top 4)
Mason = Europa League (5th to 8th)
etc

Personally I think they are all about 'Europa League' at the moment. High standard, top half PL players. They might be bought by aspiring clubs who are in lower positions, but these crop are of a certain quality. Where does Caulker rate now? How has his 'stock' faired since his tranfer?

The big question is, what do these home grown players need to do to excel at Spurs? To be able to play in Spurs team that is challenging for the league and in the CL? How do they need to develop?

Last edited:

I think Rose (and possibly Kane) are the two that would fetch those amounts as they are. Rose at Sunderland was their player of the season. And if you watch him this season, he's been mostly outstanding. With a settled place he would be similar to Walker imo. What is Walker worth?

I think Rose (and possibly Kane) are the two that would fetch those amounts as they are. Rose at Sunderland was their player of the season. And if you watch him this season, he's been mostly outstanding. With a settled place he would be similar to Walker imo. What is Walker worth?

He was JUNIOR player of the season.

15m for rose. 20 for kane. 18m for bentaleb... There's some serious delusion going in here. We'd be lucky to get 20m for the lot surely!

15m for rose. 20 for kane. 18m for bentaleb... There's some serious delusion going in here. We'd be lucky to get 20m for the lot surely!

Make you mind up. You said they were worth 26m earlier in the thread. Or are you regressing back to 1990s transfer fees by the hour?

Rose - £15m
Bentaleb - £18m
Mason - £12m
Townsend - £15m
Kane - £20m

If someone offers £15M for Rose or Townsend we should bite their hands off three times over.

All you guys lowballing the fees dont realise how much transfer fees have gone up in the last 5 years.
We got over 8m for Caulker and 8m for Livermore.

But they at least had a few years experience in the league. Mason has barely played half a season and Bentaleb has just about finished one year in the first team people are saying £15m! And £15m for Rose just :ross:

Like I said, with young players you pay more than their current value because you want to sign them before they fulfill their talent so a) bigger clubs dont get them, which they will once they fulfill their potential b) sell on at a profit if they have reached the potential the club have anticipated

Ross Barkley wouldn't of been worth that much after playing 10 league games for example, but big clubs would have happily paid a lot more for him because of how good he is going to become...

Barkley had/has something about him. He takes people on, beats them, contributes further up the pitch. I'm really not trying to put Mason or Bentaleb down, but besides being good on the ball and tidy in possession, I don't see what they excel at. Put it this way, if they played for Swansea, I don't think people on this forum would be talking about £15m+ for each of them.

£15m for Rose seems way over the top. We got Ben Davies for £8m. And Ben Davies is younger and has already looked likely to overtake Rose and become our first choice.

£12m-£15m for Townsend seems about right to me.

Mason is a difficult one, still young, but not very young. Still relatively unproven. So far doesn't really score a lot of goals or get a lot of assists (usually boosts the price significantly), but seems to have the talent to start doing just that. Swansea paid around £5m for Shelvey when they signed him, talented player, bigger club choosing to cash in that seems ballpark what we could get I think. Or perhaps closer to what we got for Livermore if we're lucky. But he's a player that I think could drastically improve in value over the next year or so depending on how he develops and performs given a bit more time.

£15m+ for Bentaleb seems right to me, possibly even a bit low. I think some people underestimate how rare it is for a player that young to make himself a starter for a team at our level in the PL. He looks an absolutely outstanding talent, and with him being somewhat proven in this league now he would be very expensive should someone manage to force a move. Had I seen him for another team with those performances and we ended up signing him for £15m I would be very happy about it. Similarly I would be rather sad if we decided to let him go for that.

Barkley is infinitely better than mason, it's kind of embrassing if people would even compare the two. I really can't wait until the mason love in is over and people see him fkr the average footballer he is as he scraps it out in the championship.

I think Mason would fetch a similar fee to Livermore no?

Kane is improving so much it's very difficult to put a price on him.

Townsend around £7m IMO.

Back