• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

It's going to be interesting to see how they price games on a game by game basis now.

It's all good for Arsenal/Cheslea etc

But they are not going to sell out against WBA/Brighton etc - and without fudging everyone off by reducing the ticket costs massively - which then makes a ST more expensive

There not giving any sebaticals

They confirmed that earlier in the year as they need the support

Maybe if they didn't take us all for granted it would be easier to get more support

I think the Trust have said they'll consider individual cases if there's good reason.

The trust referring to the club I assume??

AMNESTY

For the past three years, we have lobbied for the option of an amnesty (a sabbatical) for Season Ticket holders for the season away. We believed fans should be offered a choice. Despite initially agreeing to an amnesty in whatever temporary venue the team played in, the Club Board took this off the table last year when the option on Wembley was announced.

As reported in minutes from earlier meetings with the Club, the Club's Board had concerns about Season Ticket revenue potentially showing a dip. They also felt that, by granting a blanket amnesty, people who ‘just don't like’ Wembley would opt out for the year rather than solely those with genuine difficulties.

We continued to press the case for choice, but the option of an amnesty has not been granted for next season.

We are currently establishing whether it will be possible to offer an individual appeals process on a case by case basis and will articulate with fans as soon as the Club confirms either way.

The lack of a blanket amnesty means we now need to focus on how to practically minimise difficulties for fans who will struggle travelling to and from Wembley next season.

From the feedback we've had from fans, the biggest issue for those who will have a more difficult journey to Wembley is the midweek matches. By removing the first two home cup ties from the Season Ticket package, fans have not been asked to commit up front to an additional two matches that they may find difficult to attend. So with all cup games being sold outside of the Season Ticket package, we can focus on the league programme.

There are three scheduled rounds of midweek fixtures across a 38 game league programme. There could be more individual fixtures if games are displaced due to cup involvement later in the season. Obviously, not all of the three league fixtures will be at home. There are also Bank Holiday fixtures, including Boxing Day, when no trains are running, to consider. In addition, there is the chance that some league matches could be moved to Friday night or Monday night broadcast slots.

We will talk to the Club and with the broadcasters, following up on the work we are already undertaking with them around fixture rescheduling for TV, and ask that the number of Wembley games scheduled for a Monday or Friday night is minimised.

We will also ask the Club to register midweek transport difficulties with the Premier League when submitting their 'special request' forms before the league schedule is compiled.

Once the fixture list is out, we will take another look at the most potentially difficult games for fans to attend in more detail.

http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/season-ticket-pricing-at-wembley-thst-comment

Don't think they'll sell those. Looks like they're holding season ticket holders to ransom because of the lack of a sabbatical. On the face of it, this is really bricky from the club. Whatever they think, fans are being put out attending Wembley for a year, you'd have thought they'd be encouraging it, not rubbing people's faces in it.
And anyone paying these prices will be further hacked off when the remaining tickets for unpopular games get offered for peanuts.

I think the pricing structure is a total joke considering what we're having to put up with in terms of an asshole stadium to get to and get out of, plus no free cup games either

My warm and fuzzy feeling from the past few days have abruptly gone

I haven't found anyone online who is happy with this

Most are fuming but know we don't have an option and we're being exploited

At the end of the day mate its all about choice you renew ( i will) or you will not. Everything goes up and things rarely come down. I do not spend money on eurodance records, the latest all singing dancing phone, going out for a night on the town paying all sorts of wedge for overpriced food, etc, etc etc.

I understand that there will be probably more people bitching about these prices then those that will not, but as i said earlier there is nothing new in that and that is their right to complain. Would i want my ST to be cheaper? of course i would but i can say that about most things i spend my money on.

I suppose the relatively cheap CL pricing gave us a warped expectation. Spurs have to pay Wembley rent, won't get the full amount on food and corporate sales either. Plus have a £400m build. It would have been nice to see lower prices for fans and ensure its packed, but in a supply and demand world, you can't blame the club. Expectations were raised due to this years CL pricing, maybe the club needed to manage expectations a little better for next season.

Last edited:
I would say that the prices are around 20% higher than they should've been.

They can't go too low as they risk the jump being too much the following season.

I would imagine we'll see our CL/Europa pricing scheme repeated for the cup games.

An additional 18,000 ST at Wembley, I'm sitting at approx 23,000. I wonder what the chances are of getting a ticket?

Tbh having looked at the prices I think I would consider paying the extra for Club Wembley, if I do qualify.

However if I don't qualify I suspect they will offer the 4 game packages again, so will purchase all of those and then I would like to think I'll manage to pick up the Cat A non-package matches as I have in the past.

An additional 18,000 ST at Wembley, I'm sitting at approx 23,000. I wonder what the chances are of getting a ticket?

Tbh having looked at the prices I think I would consider paying the extra for Club Wembley, if I do qualify.

However if I don't qualify I suspect they will offer the 4 game packages again, so will purchase all of those and then I would like to think I'll manage to pick up the Cat A non-package matches as I have in the past.
I think you'll be offered one mate.... you only need about 1 in 4 of the waiting list to turn down an ST.... and that's before you consider those with existing STs dropping out.

At the end of the day mate its all about choice you renew ( i will) or you will not. Everything goes up and things rarely come down. I do not spend money on eurodance records, the latest all singing dancing phone, going out for a night on the town paying all sorts of wedge for overpriced food, etc, etc etc.

I understand that there will be probably more people bitching about these prices then those that will not, but as i said earlier there is nothing new in that and that is their right to complain. Would i want my ST to be cheaper? of course i would but i can say that about most things i spend my money on.

It's the fact they haven't accounted for the agro of moving to Wembley that winds me up

For most of us it's a pain logistically and will cost people more money. Taking a way two free games doesn't make the journey any more palatable

It's not about having a cheaper season tcisnt when it's at a ground I have a choice to go. It's the fact hat I don't want to go to Wembley and never did but have no choice if I want to go to the nEw Lane

I think you'll be offered one mate.... you only need about 1 in 4 of the waiting list to turn down an ST.... and that's before you consider those with existing STs dropping out.

Hopefully (for me anyway), and it will go some way to helping me get over my own stupidity of getting the application period for the Utd game wrong!!!

Wouldn't surprise me if they use this as an excuse to dock the cup games permanently, now they've created the precedent.

In principle I agree with you, but for a lot of people this will feel like they're being exploited whether they want to renew or not. Football is far more emotive than most decisions on how to spend that disposable income.

There are a lot of downsides for the year at Wembley, but most ST holders will be kept on the hook because of the excitement of the new stadium. Its the same reason that Wembley were able to get so many people to buy into 10 year seat licenses when it was being redeveloped.

Personally, I've only had a ST for a couple of years, so I'm not particularly attached the people who sit around me. I'm going to take some time to think about it and wait for the second window.

Can't help but think that when nostalgia kicks in, I'll be much happier that I had a seat for the final season at the old ground over the first at the new one.

Not sure what will happen to our group of 8 ST holders, currently some want Club Wembley and some want the cheapest seats, be gutted if our group breaks up

Back