• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Really they should have struck a deal with TFL like during the Olympics and included free travel with a season ticket on the day of travel.
Plus also released a statement that the prices will remain the same for the new stadium

Really they should have struck a deal with TFL like during the Olympics and included free travel with a season ticket on the day of travel.
Plus also released a statement that the prices will remain the same for the new stadium

They won't, which is one of the reasons for the prices next season.

From their point of view, they know there is huge demand for tickets, they know Wembley sold out this year, they know people are desperate for tickets at nwhl, they know our team is the best in a generation or two, they have a duty to maximise revenue... but I can also understand your frustrations.

From their point of view, they know there is huge demand for tickets, they know Wembley sold out this year, they know people are desperate for tickets at nwhl, they know our team is the best in a generation or two, they have a duty to maximise revenue... but I can also understand your frustrations.
Wembley sold out as it was cheap.
I'm not sure people will be as desperate for NWHL as the last season at WHL. It's never been that hard to get a ticket bar this season, and I don't think that will change in the new stadium.
It's all very well selling as much corporate as possible, but the product they are selling is the atmosphere of being at the game. The more corporate guests that don't give a hoot, and the less ordinary singing fans, it will deteriorate in no time. I know loads of gooners who are not renewing STs next season.
Wembley is a necessary evil, the fans don't want it, and judging by results, neither do the players. Wembley sold out as it was cheap.

It's the fact they haven't accounted for the agro of moving to Wembley that winds me up

For most of us it's a pain logistically and will cost people more money. Taking a way two free games doesn't make the journey any more palatable

It's not about having a cheaper season tcisnt when it's at a ground I have a choice to go. It's the fact hat I don't want to go to Wembley and never did but have no choice if I want to go to the nEw Lane

Well Stop! Hammer time and i understand ( even if i do not agree) with some fans frustrations. The truth is we have needed a bigger ground for years and the extra income we get from it should/will help us become a more competive team. After all i hear so many fans saying we need this player, that player and we should pay them the market value well this should help.

I am pretty sure you agree with some if not most of that and moving ground for a season ( in reality its only a few miles from the Lane so its not as we are asking fans to travel to the other side of the country). As for the prices we are going to be charged well as i say i am ok with it ( that does not mean i would not like to pay less but as i said earlier we/i could say that about every thing). Lets be honest there were rumours we would move to Milton Keynes and a lot of fans were up in arms about that as well. In truth there were always going to be moans about where we would go and all that entails no matter what the club decided.

All i am concerned about is the progress of our great club and if i have to go to Wembley for a year to enable us to progress and become a challenger again at the top level then so be it. I know you are a fan mate and that you travel as well and i do understand your concerns, but the way i look at it is that i love Spurs ( its the ONLY thing that keeps me going to football every week) and we/you/us have no real control about that, Spurs are in my heart, my blood and i can not do anything about it.

In principle I agree with you, but for a lot of people this will feel like they're being exploited whether they want to renew or not. Football is far more emotive than most decisions on how to spend that disposable income.

There are a lot of downsides for the year at Wembley, but most ST holders will be kept on the hook because of the excitement of the new stadium. Its the same reason that Wembley were able to get so many people to buy into 10 year seat licenses when it was being redeveloped.

Personally, I've only had a ST for a couple of years, so I'm not particularly attached the people who sit around me. I'm going to take some time to think about it and wait for the second window.

Can't help but think that when nostalgia kicks in, I'll be much happier that I had a seat for the final season at the old ground over the first at the new one.

You do make some good points and of course you are entitled to your opinion, but football fans have always been exploited and always will be so and for the very reason you said in your post, football and the love of our club is a emotive subject and the people that run the game take advantage of this. Now having said that we still have the ability to walk away but despite all the fans who grumble and moan most of them will always return, ( i know this after supporting and working in the game for over 50 years) There have been many times i have said enough is enough, i hate the way the game has gone, greedy players, bent agents, whinging fans, Sky and the rest of the media bricking on the fans.

The truth is as you say its a emotive attachment i ( and other) have with their club and common sense goes out the window on most occasions. As for nostalgia kicking in well again you are right about that i have been told many times that i am a " old fart" who dreams that football was better when i was younger ( and in some ways it was) but we have to move on and if i have to go to Wembley ( its matters not) to see our great club progress then so be it.

there were rumours we would move to Milton Keynes
That would feel really odd nowadays wouldn't it? Pushing at the top of the table, just a point needed for second... and moving to Milton Kenyes for a year?! We are progressing nicely, it is a LOT better PR for the club to go to Wembley than MK

Does anyone know if they will be doing the multi game package at Wembley. We have done it in previous seasons and I would like to go to 5 games next season at Wembley but have them all brought up at the start of the season.

An additional 18,000 ST at Wembley, I'm sitting at approx 23,000. I wonder what the chances are of getting a ticket?

I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if you didn't get one on those numbers. I'm personally quite sceptical about the 'waiting list' - it's something that comes automatically with bronze membership. It doesn't follow that everyone on it is in a position (or even wants) to take up the option when it presents...

Well Stop! Hammer time and i understand ( even if i do not agree) with some fans frustrations. The truth is we have needed a bigger ground for years and the extra income we get from it should/will help us become a more competive team. After all i hear so many fans saying we need this player, that player and we should pay them the market value well this should help.

I am pretty sure you agree with some if not most of that and moving ground for a season ( in reality its only a few miles from the Lane so its not as we are asking fans to travel to the other side of the country). As for the prices we are going to be charged well as i say i am ok with it ( that does not mean i would not like to pay less but as i said earlier we/i could say that about every thing). Lets be honest there were rumours we would move to Milton Keynes and a lot of fans were up in arms about that as well. In truth there were always going to be moans about where we would go and all that entails no matter what the club decided.

All i am concerned about is the progress of our great club and if i have to go to Wembley for a year to enable us to progress and become a challenger again at the top level then so be it. I know you are a fan mate and that you travel as well and i do understand your concerns, but the way i look at it is that i love Spurs ( its the ONLY thing that keeps me going to football every week) and we/you/us have no real control about that, Spurs are in my heart, my blood and i can not do anything about it.

Wembley is nearer for me but will take probably half an hour minimum more to get too

Probably neater 1 hour actually with the Wembley way walk and the distance and time that takes

I'm all for a New stadium and the benefits that brings, but this as an alternative is an inconvenience that the club area actaully using as an opportunity to cash in on.

Does anyone know if they will be doing the multi game package at Wembley. We have done it in previous seasons and I would like to go to 5 games next season at Wembley but have them all brought up at the start of the season.

Maybe but they would do a bundle of one top game with a couple of lesser ones as they used to sell them

I wonder what they will be charging for members. Never had problems getting tickets until this season.

If it's the same prices as WHL, it's a bit of a con.
Will we get 90k at Wembley when WBA, Stoke, Bournemouth turn up, I doubt it.

I wonder what they will be charging for members. Never had problems getting tickets until this season.

If it's the same prices as WHL, it's a bit of a con.
Will we get 90k at Wembley when WBA, Stoke, Bournemouth turn up, I doubt it.

I genuinely would be stunned if we averaged over 60000 for the season at Wembley

People will refer to the ruripena games as reference but they were one off cup games at bargain prices (which they will do again IMO)

Who is gonna pay £45 to sit on the upper tier at Wembley for a game

They can of course reduce the casuals ticket prices but would look stupid with the prices there charging season ticket holders

I genuinely would be stunned if we averaged over 60000 for the season at Wembley

People will refer to the ruripena games as reference but they were one off cup games at bargain prices (which they will do again IMO)

Who is gonna pay £45 to sit on the upper tier at Wembley for a game

They can of course reduce the casuals ticket prices but would look stupid with the prices there charging season ticket holders

I think the upper tier will be quite a bit cheaper than what's been announced so far. I can see the plan being to fill everything below with season tickets.

I think the upper tier will be quite a bit cheaper than what's been announced so far. I can see the plan being to fill everything below with season tickets.

As a member, I hope you're wrong about that...! I also think it'd be a risky strategy - being limited to upper tier will put me off attending. Obviously not everyone will feel that way, but I'd imagine a certain number would.

The pricing map shows some season tickets in the front rows of the upper tiers on either side.
But, even if all season tickets were in the lower & middle tiers, the capacity of those is around 50000.
Number of existing season ticket holders? 23000? plus new season tickets per club announcement (18000). That would leave about 9000 in the lower & middle tiers for non season ticket holders.

Spurs only make £40m a season from "match receipts". About half of that is season tickets say £20m. If Spurs give all those season tickets holders a 20% discount next season for one season they would only lose £4m. That's peanuts. It not gonna make any difference in players wages or money toward transfers.

I think its ridiculous charging season ticket holders WHL prices when other wembley tickets are no doubt going to be sold at a reduced price to fill wembley.

Back