• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Ally Gold linked to a podcast where Ange spoke about his philosophy and perhaps this is worth us seeing and hanging hope upon:

"Inevitably his [his dad] influence was that he loved the players that would excite so he would love a player like your dad Anthony (former Chelsea and England international Alan Hudson), and the entertainers of the time. He would always point them out to me. He loved Ferenc Puskas and the Hungarian team of the 50s and 60s. He loved Leeds United with Eddie Gray dribbling and Peter Lorimer hitting bombs. For people of today's generation I'm talking a long time ago.

"They were the people that excited him and he kept pointing them out to me. The 1974 World Cup, the Dutch team that played there, we sat up in the middle of the night because in Australia it was on then.

"I just think that somehow subliminally all of those things became a part of me and my philosophy and how I want my teams to play is just an extension of me. It's why if I've had success it's because people are willing to follow me on the journey because I'm not trying to impose something on them that I've learned or that we've seen somewhere else and I've tried to copy.

"They just see it as an extension of me. It's a lot easier to believe in something or someone when that message that's coming from them is a genuine one. It comes from them. So that whole upbringing of mine, when I got into coaching I sit there as a coach and I want my team to have the ball. I get no satisfaction from setting up the defensive structure that stops an opposition. That just doesn't excite me. I get excited when my team has the ball. So if that's what excites me so I set up my teams to have the ball and I set up my teams to get the ball back quickly. I set up my teams to score goals and excite."

Welcome .. mate !!

It couldn’t be more toxic than it is after the dross of the last three years . If he brings attacking football creates a real team ethic we could be into a winner .

not one many wanted but could be the one we need a unifier .

see you in august

If that's the only reason then I would not be happy, I would like to have thought he got the job on merit fending off other candidates ... not just because munn wanted him.
I'm pretty sure Munn wanted him on merit.

Since the other thread is locked, I'm going to paste here what @Raziel posted. This is exactly the kind of thing that is the X factor. More than tactics, more than anything, it's the psychological aspect that will be important. We have good players. We just need to make them believe in themselves more and pull together for the common purpose. It also looks like Postecoglou appeals to players' what we call in Greece "filotimo." There's no direct translation, but it essentially means you do something out of a sense of honor and because it will bring shame if you don't do it. It's a very Greek thing, although I'm pretty sure there are similarities to other cultures. Let's see how it works with our group of players.

From the other thread (underlined parts from me):
Article on him from a player who played in two sides for him

What Tottenham's stars can expect from Ange Postecoglou's first week by a player who experienced it twice (optus.com.au)

Interesting bits

When Ange takes over a team, his first priority is to instill his ethos and mindset throughout the entire club. He aims to achieve ‘buy-in’ from everyone involved, and a significant part of this process happens off the training ground, through daily meetings. While Ange is known for his emotionally charged press conferences, where he maintains unwavering focus and controls the narrative, what people often overlook is that he operates the same way within the playing squad. His words are always grounded in logic, and combined with his exceptional level of emotional intelligence, he manages to gain that ‘buy-in’ relatively easily.

Ange's unwavering focus and ability to empower and motivate the entire squad to create those ‘special moments’ form the foundation of his football philosophy. While many like to dissect formations and playing styles, they sometimes miss the point. Two teams playing the same formation but with different mindsets yield vastly different results. While his teams demonstrate exceptional tactical prowess, it's the intent behind their play that sets them apart.

Ange also absolves his players of negative thoughts or repercussions, assuring them that he'll shoulder any blame if things go awry following his instructions. What more could a player ask for? He equips you with the tools and grants you the freedom to express yourself without fear of reprimand, even if it doesn't always go according to plan.

The second pillar of Ange's success I previously touched on, which becomes apparent very quickly, lies in his meticulous preparation. It's no secret that he spends hours analysing training sessions and matches, fine-tuning every minute detail that can positively impact the team.

I went into matches armed with knowledge of every single player, even knowing where they were born (seriously). This level of preparation made it incredibly difficult to be caught off guard during matches and helped maintain unwavering confidence and belief. But the most apparent aspect of his preparation is the intensity of his training sessions and the physical conditioning of his players. Although not lengthy sessions, Spurs players will undoubtedly be in for some of the most gruelling sessions of their careers. His high-octane, suffocating style of play demands relentless intensity every single day.

It's already refreshing to have a thread on here with positive vibes (apart from the standard GB nonsense of course).

The four year contract shows a strong level of believe in what he can do and although it hasn't been what you'd call a swift appointment since Conte left Ange has got the whole summer to familiarize himself with the facilities / club.

It'll be fascinating to see how the shaping of the squad progresses but if it's not a total clear out hopefully fans myself included can see this as a fresh chance for players much maligned to show a better version of themselves to move on from what has been a rough couple of seasons apart from the run in for fourth place under Antonio.

No doubt there'll be a lot of bitter folks desperate to pile in if things don't get off to a blazing start but let's hope the fan base can show something resembling unity, it's maybe a bit rich coming from one of the biggest moaners / arguers on here, it's been a journey of learning about the pain of expectation, I just want it to be fun again and the new guy seems to have the right tools to take us in the right direction.
How could it have been a swift appointment when he was already in a job with Celtic?

I look forward to seeing how he gets us playing. Poch had critics' early on, so I hope we can give him time to re shape this squad.

Now all we need it to change our motto to "To Dare Is to Didgeridoo" and we're cooking.

On a BBQ....

Will Kylie and Jason come to the lane I wonder? Or will they be seen spotted at our neighbours? Don't really matter I suppose I'll still follow spurs Home and away

Back