• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

As a aside, is the rule that we're allowed to believe media reports when it backs up our own personal beliefs then?

I've seen posters shoot down people for quoting and taking reporting as having an idea of what's going on, then turn around a use media reports to justify their own point.

Slightly confused.
I have principles, and if you don't like them, I have others.

How could it have been a swift appointment when he was already in a job with Celtic?

Rodgers left Celtic during the season didn't he?

Either way we've got our man in with the whole summer to prepare, that's the main thing and how quickly this has been sorted out following the Scottish cup final does suggest it was in the works for some time.

As a native Greek I never thought I would see the day a fellow Greek (yeah, I consider him Greek - he was born in Athens and moved to Oz when he was 5) would manage in the PL, much less Spurs.

I am so proud of what he has accomplished so far against so many odds and, even though he wasn't my first (or 2nd or 3rd) choice, I so look forward to him achieving great things with us. Him doing well with Spurs can be the catalyst for many more managers from "unknown" leagues to be given the chances that they deserve, but never get.

Make us all proud, Aggelos!
Ella re malaka!

Well you used it first what is your definition?
What he has achieved (successful everywhere he has worked), how he has gone about achieving it (the odds always being stacked against him, yet when he left everyone was singing his praises), what his ethos is, how hungry he is, what style of football does he play, and how will he approach the job at Spurs. And I would also think what intangibles he brings to the table, where I think he is head and shoulders above anyone else.

It's not just whether he has managed in a top league, if that's what you're thinking about. There are so many other things that make a manager a good one.

What he has achieved (successful everywhere he has worked), how he has gone about achieving it (the odds always being stacked against him, yet when he left everyone was singing his praises), what his ethos is, how hungry he is, what style of football does he play, and how will he approach the job at Spurs. And I would also think what intangibles he brings to the table, where I think he is head and shoulders above anyone else.

It's not just whether he has managed in a top league, if that's what you're thinking about. There are so many other things that make a manager a good one.
On the flipside, we might only see Poch at Chelsea for 5 months. And as we've seen with Mourinho and Conte, reputation doesn't really mean much if the mentality doesn't have us all pulling in the same direction together.

Not my first choice
But I’ll back him
Great personality which is something we have been lacking
Loves attacking football
Again, something we have been lacking
Not my first, second or third choice…
But I belive more and more that his the right choice.
I belive we will get a kind of poch playing team again. (His last name aint that far from pochetino)
I hope we as soon as fk can get Raya and 2 CB in.. I belive Ange can do alot for Rick, his problem at Spurs is just in the head.

As a aside, is the rule that we're allowed to believe media reports when it backs up our own personal beliefs then?

I've seen posters shoot down people for quoting and taking reporting as having an idea of what's going on, then turn around a use media reports to justify their own point.

Slightly confused.
Depends on the source within the report I guess.

Rodgers left Celtic during the season didn't he?

Either way we've got our man in with the whole summer to prepare, that's the main thing and how quickly this has been sorted out following the Scottish cup final does suggest it was in the works for some time.

I think we had Ange and Slot on simmer for some time as they fitted the remit and both appeared very gettable (Slot until the obscene compo required came to light), I think we also were keeping the likes of Kompany and Alonso on simmer for a while until they committed to their current clubs.

But we always had time with Ange knowing his season wouldn’t end until last Sunday.

Good luck, I think there's so much tactical bo ll oks talked about in football, people forget there's a lot of emotion involved in playing the game, looks like this bloke gets it, of course the experts will analysis the pips in it to make themselves appear smarter than the rest of us.

I think we had Ange and Slot on simmer for some time as they fitted the remit and both appeared very gettable (Slot until the obscene compo required came to light), I think we also were keeping the likes of Kompany and Alonso on simmer for a while until they committed to their current clubs.

But we always had time with Ange knowing his season wouldn’t end until last Sunday.

None of us know ..

Still think Slot just played the speculation to get himself a better deal
Ange had to be in the works for weeks if not months for us, him and Celtic to be able to announce in 2 days, paperwork complete

None of us know ..

Still think Slot just played the speculation to get himself a better deal
Ange had to be in the works for weeks if not months for us, him and Celtic to be able to announce in 2 days, paperwork complete
There are rumours anges agent has been on this one for 2/3 months

Back