• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

I like what I read about him, and think he looks a really great fit. He seems exactly the type of character we need to get a bit of unity and positivity back in the club and among the fans. I'm certainly encouraged by this appointment!

My main concerns, again just from what I've read, is firstly his reported lack of pragmatism. Unless you have a world class squad assembled from years of financial doping, you need to be able to adjust your style of play to be successful in the PL, IMO.

Secondly he likes to play a high defensive line, which frankly scares me a little given our squad and its already questionable defensive record.

Thirdly, his teams reportedly often start slow. How will our fans cope with a string of poor results from a manager whose appointment is already underwhelming for many?

I love that he's a unifying motivator, with a great track record for improving players though. There will be players whose careers will be rejuvinated, and I'm excited to see who they will be and how they will change. Someone mentioned N'dombele - now that's very unprobable, but his ability is unquestionable and with a new manager who knows what can happen. Well, we can dream, LOL.

Then of course it's the football. Attacking, entartaining, positive football. The Tottenham way. That's gonna be a massive relief after all the dross we've been served for a few years.

Actually looking forward to the next season now. The cycle starts again. :D

Looking forward to watching all the vids about this new messiah.

I like that we have a manager who’s brought up speaking English (albeit Ozzie :) The likes of Conte and Poch lose something in translation. Here is a manager who’s articulate and native to our language. That makes a difference in team communication and media interaction. Call it a 5% bonus. Being able to get ideas across simply, in a digestible form is crucial.

And you get that impression about him - he likes to make things clear simple for players. But make no mistake, like Conte, he wants players to play exactly as he says. He’s no runaround a bit Rednapp.

I hope that Munn and the club protect Postecoglou. Yes the Kangaroos and Celtic are big jobs, but he’ll face more scrutiny and ‘grind’ from journalists and fans now. The English are relentless in the way they chip away at positivity. We need to let him focus on coaching and insulate him in a bubble. In general there is too much pressure on Managers. They carry the weight of the club on their shoulders, and it’s probably why they don’t last long in the PL; and why the likes of Ferguson would let others take press conferences. We’d do well to learn from that.

Will his appointment make a tweak to our shopping list. The latest I read was 'David Raya, Max Kilman and James Maddison/Harvey Barnes' which I thought was decent, about 'our level' and HG which I feel will become important very soon.

I wonder if there may be a couple of Celtic names added to the rumours list now

Finally, have we signed someone and had fewer mentions of their surname!? Looking at the posts, tweets and indeed thread title, few have even tried!

It’s going to take some time to learn the special characters that signify POST-ECOG-LOU

Who have we signed with a longer, more difficult name?

Finally, have we signed someone and had fewer mentions of their surname!? Looking at the posts, tweets and indeed thread title, few have even tried!

It’s going to take some time to learn the special characters that signify POST-ECOG-LOU

I could never get my head round Alderweireld

No one ever managed Pav, Verts or Alder

Maybe call him The Postman II? Postigol of course being the original who always delivered

JJ makes a good point there in the video in that things could be a bit rough while Ange implements his ideas. Obviously, it's not like things have been electric lately but I think going from a defensive posture to a more attacking posture could cause us to be leakier than normal (like our last fixture against Saudi Sportswashing Machine).
BUT... if we're less painful to watch, I'm hoping fans as a whole can be patient and recognize promising patterns emerging to make them hopeful.

Also, about his name... I'm half-Greek and even I'm struggling with the name a little bit. I think the 'C' in Postecoglou makes it seem more like a Romanian surname. I was surprised to hear he was born in Greece, so I'm happy for @alekaras that we have a fellow compatriot at the helm. I know Ange isn't going to be considered a lazy Greek giving the players naptimes and things like that. Hopefully he takes a more measured and data-driven approach than his predecessors did. I want to hear about 'black boxes' and other cryptic flimflam.

Finally, I hope he gets a nice reception when Spurs visit Australia. I know you Ozzies will show him the love and that's an exciting thing to finally think about again.

Back