• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Saying all the right things. He seems to get that at Spurs we just won't accept clodger football. It's just not in our DNA. We were always the fancy Dan entertainers even if it meant we didn't achieve as much as we should have. The past 4 years have been an absolute slog. Here's hoping he's able to implement his philosophy in the shorter term as well as the long term.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He's been appointed so we might as well look on the bright side now. He's got a decent reputation in world football and, so far, he's done pretty well for himself. As with every new manager, I'm always curious to see what his team will look like. Best thing to do, in my opinion, is to keep an open mind and see how he does during the first few months.

What makes football interesting is that you always have to adapt to new situations. They say that a tiger can't change his stripes but sometimes, in football, you have to. That's why I can't be bothered to look into his previous jobs. Each one is unique and I'd rather form an opinion on what he does at Spurs rather than expecting him to replicate something he did in a completely different context.

He's been appointed so we might as well look on the bright side now. He's got a decent reputation in world football and, so far, he's done pretty well for himself. As with every new manager, I'm always curious to see what his team will look like. Best thing to do, in my opinion, is to keep an open mind and see how he does during the first few months.

What makes football interesting is that you always have to adapt to new situations. They say that a tiger can't change his stripes but sometimes, in football, you have to. That's why I can't be bothered to look into his previous jobs. Each one is unique and I'd rather form an opinion on what he does at Spurs rather than expecting him to replicate something he did in a completely different context.
It will be the first few months that will be the struggle and potential not great results, its keeping faith in him for the first few months to experience the benefits of having time. Unfortunately there are a lot of Levy out fans that do not rate this appointment and we may have a small percentage of the crowds booing and jeering from the off.

fudge - he actually said 'make us proud'. Is he trolling?

bruv seriously chill, what we know for sure is that

1. He is our manager
2. He is going to try to play exciting football.

I recognise that it’s a big risk that Levy has taken and I would have gone for Poch myself.

but I really like Ange’s story and the way he sets he teams to be relentless in attack, if we as a fan base can be patient at the start with the poor results that might come as he imbeds his methods I have a feeling it’s going to be really really good.

It will be the first few months that will be the struggle and potential not great results, its keeping faith in him for the first few months to experience the benefits of having time. Unfortunately there are a lot of Levy out fans that do not rate this appointment and we may have a small percentage of the crowds booing and jeering from the off.

Oh I'm still not a Levy full fan boy, but you can only back the manager and think poor sod hopefully this time levy gets it right and brings the players that are required instead of some N' from France, free transfer alternative or a terrible loan deal.

Happy with this appointment.

Since when has experience been a bad thing? A manager who’s proven himself in every job he’s had. Who has decades of knowledge of various situations to fall back on. That’s a bad thing?

He’s a skilled motivator, psychologist and communicator. He knows what he wants and gives clear instruction. He’ll galvanise and play a more progressive form of football in the oppositions half where possible. Something that didn’t make sense with Conte and Mourinho. Forcing the game to take part in the opposition half is what city the goons and most successful sides do now. Because it makes sense. Keep the game closer to their goal rather than yours as you’re more likely to score than them. The problem with Contes setup is that you can sit back and defend perfectly, but a deflected shot undoes you.

A lot of goals are scored from opposition mistakes and winning the ball high up the pitch will be our long term aim.

We might be able to move into a low block occasionally but that won’t be how we setup. We’ll be on the front foot - something Spurs fans have been consciously or unconsciously pining for for years now.

We may need a fast Centre Back. And maybe some more progressive midfielders. But I’d focus on the CBs first and foremost. As Bentancur, even Hogjberg, Bissouma, Skipp, (Ndombele?) are all talented and should push on under Postecoglou.

I for one am licking my lips. So long as we sign a commanding, fast CB. I’m fine with Romero we just need a Saliba, Botman, Gvardiol…a CB of real quality, who’s tall, aware and ideally has pace too. Idk where we can pluck such a specimen, but it is vital. Not getting a CB in was Contes downfall, hopefully we can uncover and sign a fresh CB with real talent.

Since when has experience been a bad thing? A manager who’s proven himself in every job he’s had. Who has decades of knowledge of various situations to fall back on. That’s a bad thing?

He’s a skilled motivator, psychologist and communicator. He knows what he wants and gives clear instruction. He’ll galvanise and play a more progressive form of football in the oppositions half where possible. Something that didn’t make sense with Conte and Mourinho. Forcing the game to take part in the opposition half is what city the goons and most successful sides do now. Because it makes sense. Keep the game closer to their goal rather than yours as you’re more likely to score than them. The problem with Contes setup is that you can sit back and defend perfectly, but a deflected shot undoes you.

A lot of goals are scored from opposition mistakes and winning the ball high up the pitch will be our long term aim.

We might be able to move into a low block occasionally but that won’t be how we setup. We’ll be on the front foot - something Spurs fans have been consciously or unconsciously pining for for years now.

We may need a fast Centre Back. And maybe some more progressive midfielders. But I’d focus on the CBs first and foremost. As Bentancur, even Hogjberg, Bissouma, Skipp, (Ndombele?) are all talented and should push on under Postecoglou.

I for one am licking my lips. So long as we sign a commanding, fast CB. I’m fine with Romero we just need a Saliba, Botman, Gvardiol…a CB of real quality, who’s tall, aware and ideally has pace too. Idk where we can pluck such a specimen, but it is vital. Not getting a CB in was Contes downfall, hopefully we can uncover and sign a fresh CB with real talent.
I'm happy with the manager appointment too. I have a feeling that he won't get that top CB, unfortunately... our transfer apparatus has been broken for years now, even with Paratici righting some problems within the setup. We basically lack the capability to get top-tier targets consistently. I think Romero was one of those, provided he actually pulls his head out of his ass for next season, and Destiny, who I'm certain will be an excellent addition for us (although I know that realistically, we could be the poisoned well that causes his downfall).
The time to get Gvardiol has passed as he's simply on everyone's radar now and will only go to a top CL-challenging team. Seems like Ndicka is going to Roma, which I have no idea how we let that happen so shame on the Spurs board for that. Jurrien Timber could be an option but I'm not 100% familiar with him, but could be a decent player like Romero eventually.

Basically, we snooze we lose. I'd hate for Ange to be stuck with having to start Dier alongside Romero for the first match. That would be a travesty.

I'm happy with the manager appointment too. I have a feeling that he won't get that top CB, unfortunately... our transfer apparatus has been broken for years now, even with Paratici righting some problems within the setup. We basically lack the capability to get top-tier targets consistently. I think Romero was one of those, provided he actually pulls his head out of his ass for next season, and Destiny, who I'm certain will be an excellent addition for us (although I know that realistically, we could be the poisoned well that causes his downfall).
The time to get Gvardiol has passed as he's simply on everyone's radar now and will only go to a top CL-challenging team. Seems like Ndicka is going to Roma, which I have no idea how we let that happen so shame on the Spurs board for that. Jurrien Timber could be an option but I'm not 100% familiar with him, but could be a decent player like Romero eventually.

Basically, we snooze we lose. I'd hate for Ange to be stuck with having to start Dier alongside Romero for the first match. That would be a travesty.

Its going to take a few windows to transition, we need such a refresh we cant do it in one go.

I can see the likes of sanchez/peresic/Winks/Lloris/Rodon moved on this window with maybe 2 players coming in leaving us something like:

-----------------------------------------New GK/Forster----------------------------------------------

Royale/Spence --- Romero/Dier --- New CB/Davies --- Destiny/Regulion/Sess

Bentacur/Sarr ---- Bissouma/Holjberg ------ GLC/Skipp/Ndombele

Porro/Kulu -------------------Kane/Richy/Scarlett ----------------------Son/Gil

Maybe another WF to replace Danjuma, maybe Kulu moving into a more mid role and we have the likes of Devine who may appear a bit more. GLC/Ndombele i expect he will take a look within his system before he gets rid of. Either way, even Poch kept Kaboul around and as captain initially while he assessed and slowly moved people out and i expect the same again now, which means Dier will be around a bit longer I expect.

Enjoyed his video message. Refreshing to have a manager that wants to change the culture, wants to be here and be the change. No hyperthetical guns to his head just what appears to be an honest approach to things. Obviously a big job ahead and no guarantees but just feels a good fit.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I don’t like all this talk of playing football and getting excited.

Other than that, impressed by the guy, he has my full support.

Just a not totally random question, do we think we would have went for ange if Paratici was still here?
Doesn't seem to fit his criteria.
Maybe losing Paratici was a good thing in the end.

Hes a psychologist too? I get the excitement but honestly let's wait and see how he does than hype him only to knock him down.

Just take him at face value is my advice as I doubt many knew of him and what he may bring to the table.

And even those who claim to hand followed his career cannot be but a little hesitant to see what he can do in this league.

Calm your jets, and wish him the best.

Why are people fixated on his age? Anyone up to mid 70s can do the job (as Hodgson showed). 57 isn't anywhere near a problem in my view.

Like others, I did get serious Nuno vibes with the "making us proud" line...that worried me :D

Redknapp was 61 when he took us on. Age is but a number. I'm more and more into that saying as time goes by!

Hes a psychologist too? I get the excitement but honestly let's wait and see how he does than hype him only to knock him down.

Just take him at face value is my advice as I doubt many knew of him and what he may bring to the table.

And even those who claim to hand followed his career cannot be but a little hesitant to see what he can do in this league.

Calm your jets, and wish him the best.

Or….

we could get abroad the Ange hype train
and recognise he is the best manager ever in any field. And we are about to embark on a journey that will see us winning the triple triple, before going on to cure world hunger and the climate crisis before changing the fabric of space time itself.

After that he really starts going.

Anything less now would be a failure

Back