• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Im quite content with another season out of the top 4/6 as long as there are signs of progression. I’ll use Brighton as an example, if we can play progressive, entertaining football like them and we miss out on top 4 then so be it. We are in a mess at the moment and we’re essentially a one man team whilst Bentancur is out injured. I do doubt whether Levy is content with another 7th-8th place finish, will he give Ange time? I don’t think he will. Levy needs to manage his own expectations this season, we’re not getting top 4 unless we get very lucky with our recruitment.

Im quite content with another season out of the top 4/6 as long as there are signs of progression. I’ll use Brighton as an example, if we can play progressive, entertaining football like them and we miss out on top 4 then so be it. We are in a mess at the moment and we’re essentially a one man team whilst Bentancur is out injured. I do doubt whether Levy is content with another 7th-8th place finish, will he give Ange time? I don’t think he will. Levy needs to manage his own expectations this season, we’re not getting top 4 unless we get very lucky with our recruitment.
If he isn’t giving him time why give him a 4 year contract?
Top 4 is achievable with less games, a coach who cares and a keeper who can do the basics

Jose got a 4 year contract.

AVB got a 3 year deal.

Both were sacked when top 4 was in jeopardy

I don’t think that was the issue in either case.

He clearly had a falling out with both of them.

Based on head to head from the previous season AVB was on course to set another club record points total when he was sacked.

Top 4 is doable if we beat the teams we should be beating. Maximum points against the bottom 10 teams and home wins against 6th - 9th aswell as a few draws and away wins against the rest would give us well over 70 points.

On paper it looks easy and it can be if you beat the teams you are supposed to.

I don’t think that was the issue in either case.

He clearly had a falling out with both of them.

Based on head to head from the previous season AVB was on course to set another club record points total when he was sacked.

Be that as it may, Levy has many good qualities but patience isn’t one of them. I don’t think that’s even debatable. He doesn’t give managers more than one “off” season

So what else does the owner change?

And the fans were not only booing Levy...managers have taken pelters of fans for yonks here, myself included. Playersbgetting booed and called cnuts at games. The idea that the fans didn't want them managers gone at some point in large numbers is abit of a lie TBH. I got pelters a few weeks back saying the Poch debate on his sacking was boring now 6 years on

In the case of AVB, Nuno, Jose, Conte and even Stellini the fans had far less patience than Levy. That’s irrefutable!

Levy is still the one who sacked those managers. And I really don’t think you can blame the fans for being impatient with AVB and Stellini. I don’t think anyone thought Levy would sack Jose a week before a cup final. Immediately after it yes, but not before it.

Levy is still the one who sacked those managers. And I really don’t think you can blame the fans for being impatient with AVB and Stellini. I don’t think anyone thought Levy would sack Jose a week before a cup final. Immediately after it yes, but not before it.

I wouldn't blame the fans but they were not hugely unpopular decisions either.

1. Levy is still the one who sacked those managers.

2. And I really don’t think you can blame the fans for being impatient with AVB and Stellini.

3. I don’t think anyone thought Levy would sack Jose a week before a cup final. Immediately after it yes, but not before it.
1.What’s Levy supposed to do? Never sack anyone even though it’s obvious to everyone they’re useless?

2. equally you can’t blame Levy for sacking AVB (or Stellini) then?

3. Fans wanted Jose gone for months before the final.

i'm happy if we do a chelsea and just get rid of deadwood and freshen up most of the squad to fit Ange's thinking. Ok maybe not lower than 8th, afterall we've got some excellent players - Bentancur, Son, Kane, Porro, Royal, Romero, skipp, bissouma - that looks enough to be the core for top 8. By Ange's thinking I mean definitely faster more mobile players and football with a sense of adventure. Hopefully Levy takes huge decisions in offloading players decisively even though it means huge losses - it would be nice if Ange had 22 players that he trusts and plays, taking full advantage of the 5 subs per game.

1.What’s Levy supposed to do? Never sack anyone even though it’s obvious to everyone they’re useless?

2. equally you can’t blame Levy for sacking AVB (or Stellini) then?

3. Fans wanted Jose gone for months before the final.

No, I said I was skeptical that Levy would give Ange time as he’s shown patience isn’t one of his strong points. A poster then highlighted the length of the contract to somehow show that Levy is patient which I disagreed.

I’d blame him for appointing the managers in the first place more than anything.

I think everyone assumed Jose would go very soon after the final (if we ended up losing) or at the end of the season. Sacking him a week before a cup final has to rank amongst one of the worst decisions of his tenure.

Back