• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Angie, Angie
When will those clouds all disappear?
Angie, Angie
Where will it lead us from here?
With no lovin' in our souls
And no money in our coats
You can't say we're satisfied
Angie, Angie
You can't say we never tried

Angie, you're beautiful, yeah
But ain't it time we said goodbye?
Angie, I still love you
Remember all those nights we cried?
All the dreams were held so close
Seemed to all go up in smoke

The translator is doing his best to keep it clean. At one point when he say "I want my players to play with balls" he translates it to "I want them to play with heart." But the malakia (which mean flimflam in Greek, although malaka means clown shoe) he can't do anything about, because it is already in Greek. :p

From a Celtic fan:

With Ange to come in, Spurs will have a bona fide giant similar to the effect that the great Jock Stein had when being interviewed. No doubt about that. The Spurs fans, media, and the players themselves, will see a man not simply walk in front of the press and dressing room -- his sheer presence (aura) makes it feel like he explodes into the room. Articulate, concise and sharp in his thinking. This is a man with huge personality (all the best managers have this) and a great football brain -- and woe betide any player who thinks he can do as he wants; for that player's career at Spurs will end abruptly. This is the measure of a unique man; he has an acute understanding that success begins with complete control of the dressing room. Even the media, bar none, were brick scared of Ange in Scotland, and asked their questions with obvious trepidation. That said, they all respected him.

But first let's deal with the myths and the simple stats: Celtic, had a solid defence and stats to match their attacking prowess, and real defensive consistency: conceding a goal every 101 minutes -- or see it as 34 goals conceded in 38 matches (0.89 goals conceded) per match. Therefore, it is merely a myth that they concede almost as many as they score. It was similar to this in Japan and Australia.

Second, Ange Postecoglou is a force of nature! Spurs fans will recognise this after the first several press conferences. However, he has the football brain to back up what he says -- including a steel-like personality who commands absolute respect from his players, opposing managers and CEO's. Significantly, he wins the loyalty and affection of the players.

Third, I have, for at least a year, become convinced that Ange could easily have taken Celtic through to the knockout stages of the Champions league -- and beyond -- if given the financial resources his ambition craved for; a quarter of the Spurs player budget would have been enough to obtain European progress in the CL.

Fourth: he'll have that money if joining Spurs; and he won't have to spend obscene amounts to get the players he wants. His hit rate for buying the right players ("personalities", as he puts it) is phenomenal! And as much as I don't like saying it, as a Celtic fan, if you can get hold of our two Japanese stars: Reo Hatate & Kyogo Furuhashi, and they follow Ange to London -- you'll have players to light up the English premiership. He has a brilliant eye for the right player to fit into his football "jigsaw" while he goes about doing what he loves -- and is best at -- building successful teams. His 25 year record testifies to this ability.

Fifth: Ange is thee prime motivator of players, and leaves them with an unshakeable belief that they can beat the best -- and do it in a style of football that is beautiful to watch! The Celtic players adore him! As do the fans. There are many reasons for this adoration. It was the same in Australia, and in Japan, when he took a club that had underperformed and quickly made them Japanese champions.

Unfortunately, we Celtic fans now find ourselves in the same position as the Japanese fans when Ange left their country to come to Glasgow Celtic: lamenting his loss to another team who see his potential. This begs the question: when will the Spurs fans be mourning the same loss, and to whom will they lose him? As Ange said when arriving at Celtic two years ago: "enjoy the ride" while you can. You have, I kid you not, a potential CL winner in your midst if, and only if, Levy and his board do not interfere with this man who had a Fergie-like grip on Celtic while he was here in Scotland. You're all extremely lucky to have him! After all, despite Celtic losing that tie against Real Madrid last year (the superior players like Luka Modrić eventually being the difference that pots of money can buy) Celtic were, for about sixty minutes, clearly the better team on the night in Glasgow. Who knows what would have happened after 30 minutes of the first half when our Captain hit the post from 20 yards. For Madrid simply could not get out of their own box! A testament to Ange's high octane, high press style of relentlessly hunting in packs until they recover the ball. Then recycle and attack. If he is allowed the time, Spurs fans will watch beautiful, fast and relentless attacking football; lots of goals. Your lucky number has finally came up after years of disappointment. But he will need time to get the player balance right, and the football style ingrained into the minds of the players.

The translator is doing his best to keep it clean. At one point when he say "I want my players to play with balls" he translates it to "I want them to play with heart." But the malakia (which mean flimflam in Greek, although malaka means clown shoe) he can't do anything about, because it is already in Greek. :p
The most professional translator ever. I would be crying from laughter if I had to try and translate that. :D

Gattuso did say 'heart' after he said 'balls', translator just decided to omit the 'balls' part. He also translates 'brick' to just 'very bad' but yeah, malaka is universal language. That's the only Greek word Gattuso knew!

Why not the original?

He's magic, you knooow
He's Ange Postecoglooou

Would be even sweeter to sing it at the Lane when we're pumping Chelsea 4-0. :p

Or, if the reverse score:

It's tragic, you knooow
He's the Poundland Pochettino

Last edited:
From a Celtic fan:

....conceding a goal every 101 minutes -- or see it as 34 goals conceded in 38 matches (0.89 goals conceded) per match.....
That could also be interpreted as conceding a goal nearly every match as the only team in a farmer's league.

Not that I particularly care if we're scoring loads, but it's hardly something to be shouting about.

That could also be interpreted as conceding a goal nearly every match as the only team in a farmer's league.

Not that I particularly care if we're scoring loads, but it's hardly something to be shouting about.
In 21/22 season, they conceded 0.58 goals per game (and scored 2.42 goals per game). Seems to hover somewhere in the 0.5 - 0.9 range regardless of manager.
However, last season, Celtic scored 3.00 goals per game, so Ange has definitely got them performing better offensively at the cost of conceding 0.31 goals per game more (while scoring 0.58 more goals).

In other words, I'm not sure how much to read into all this but I'm not really worried. For reference, we scored 1.84 goals per game and conceded 1.66 goals per game last season (compared to 1.05 goals conceded per match the season prior). For reference's reference, Aston Villa and Brentford only let in 1.21 goals per game, and even West Ham and Everton have conceded fewer goals than us. Our defense was so shambolic last season so perhaps we'll see the more positive approach solve some of our defensive issues by extension. I still think defensive reinforcements/replacements should be the priority for Ange and Co.

Fck are ppl still crying over Ange as our new manager. he is our manager and from the first day he should have all our trust in that he can do something good for this Club. You dont earn trust, you get it from the start.. you may lose it..

Im happy we have a manager that dont play bricky football like Mourinho, and I hope to see real Spurs again.

I just think its about time to get some Words from the boss, I would have expectet a intervju by now

Fck are ppl still crying over Ange as our new manager. he is our manager and from the first day he should have all our trust in that he can do something good for this Club. You dont earn trust, you get it from the start.. you may lose it..

Im happy we have a manager that dont play bricky football like Mourinho, and I hope to see real Spurs again.

I just think its about time to get some Words from the boss, I would have expectet a intervju by now
He is on holiday with his family. Returns to work on the 1st of July

In 21/22 season, they conceded 0.58 goals per game (and scored 2.42 goals per game). Seems to hover somewhere in the 0.5 - 0.9 range regardless of manager.
However, last season, Celtic scored 3.00 goals per game, so Ange has definitely got them performing better offensively at the cost of conceding 0.31 goals per game more (while scoring 0.58 more goals).

In other words, I'm not sure how much to read into all this but I'm not really worried. For reference, we scored 1.84 goals per game and conceded 1.66 goals per game last season (compared to 1.05 goals conceded per match the season prior). For reference's reference, Aston Villa and Brentford only let in 1.21 goals per game, and even West Ham and Everton have conceded fewer goals than us. Our defense was so shambolic last season so perhaps we'll see the more positive approach solve some of our defensive issues by extension. I still think defensive reinforcements/replacements should be the priority for Ange and Co.
Hard to tell. I'd expect us to score fewer and concede more as we're not playing part time farmers every week.

Back