• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

It was nice in the post match to see Big Ange giving credit to Mason who is apparently assigned attacking set pieces alongside the rest of the coaching staff for the work during the week.

I've had my moans re Ryan as a head coach but definitely seems useful to have around. The job is probably easier if you have players like Porro and Maddison who can put it in a threatening position more often than not. Hopefully Dragusin can get some more credit for Mason by some goals from corners.

Still though with Ange, the cough thing though, just doesn't sound healthy! Definitely thinking it's exacerbated by 90 minutes of shouting on the touch line.

The cough sounds like a nervous thing to me, not disease!

He also constantly looks downwards when talking in interviews rather than at the camera or interviewer which may be a sign of nervous habit. It's a strange one because he's one of the best and most articulate speakers I've heard in the game and always has something insightful to say. And he's not afraid to bite back if someone tries stirring it or trumping him so it's not like he's a bag of nerves or anything.

I hope so (in terms of it not being a health issue) but as Grays said it seems way worse after games.

I think I've probably said it before but it just seems like he needs to properly hack it out and clear his throat but rightly doesn't want to because of the microphones / people around so instead is always on the verge of spluttering. Obviously I'm not moaning about it but it just seems super uncomfortable for the guy...

This is spot on from Ange, and a lot in here would benefit from reading this and get some perspective on transfers and squad.

🗣️"With all the players, I look at it the same way. As much as I’m steering this ship, they also have their own. I speak to players about this all the time. It’s their careers and they have to do what they feel is right as well.”

🗣️”From my perspective, I need a strong squad. Maybe this year without being in Europe and obviously being out of the cups, the games now are limited to between now and the end of the year.”

🗣️”But if we want to get to where we want to, then I compare us to the other clubs that we want to try and challenge.”

🗣️”They’ve got big squads. They’ve got some pretty good players not starting. I look at it every week when they make substitutions. That’s where we’ve got to get to.”

🗣️”Whether that’s Bryan or Pierre who maybe feel they should be playing more, if they made a decision that 'I need to go somewhere else to play', I’m going to replace them with somebody who is going to be a good enough player to play in the Premier League but maybe won’t start, because you need that.”

🗣️”Pierre has played the last two games. I think he’s probably played just about every game this year. He hasn't started a lot, obviously.”

🗣️”Bryan had a couple of injury problems early in the year and probably hasn’t played as much as he would want to, which I understand, but ultimately I’ve got to try to build a squad here that’s going to challenge.”

🗣️”That’s only going to happen if I’ve got 20, 22, 23 players who are all of Premier League standard.”

🗣️”That will mean if it’s not Bryan and Pierre, it’s two other players who will come in and maybe aren’t playing as much, but that doesn’t mean I don’t rate them or don’t think they’re up to the standard, it’s just you need a squad. We’ve seen it more than anyone with injuries we’ve had."

This is spot on from Ange, and a lot in here would benefit from reading this and get some perspective on transfers and squad.

🗣️"With all the players, I look at it the same way. As much as I’m steering this ship, they also have their own. I speak to players about this all the time. It’s their careers and they have to do what they feel is right as well.”

🗣️”From my perspective, I need a strong squad. Maybe this year without being in Europe and obviously being out of the cups, the games now are limited to between now and the end of the year.”

🗣️”But if we want to get to where we want to, then I compare us to the other clubs that we want to try and challenge.”

🗣️”They’ve got big squads. They’ve got some pretty good players not starting. I look at it every week when they make substitutions. That’s where we’ve got to get to.”

🗣️”Whether that’s Bryan or Pierre who maybe feel they should be playing more, if they made a decision that 'I need to go somewhere else to play', I’m going to replace them with somebody who is going to be a good enough player to play in the Premier League but maybe won’t start, because you need that.”

🗣️”Pierre has played the last two games. I think he’s probably played just about every game this year. He hasn't started a lot, obviously.”

🗣️”Bryan had a couple of injury problems early in the year and probably hasn’t played as much as he would want to, which I understand, but ultimately I’ve got to try to build a squad here that’s going to challenge.”

🗣️”That’s only going to happen if I’ve got 20, 22, 23 players who are all of Premier League standard.”

🗣️”That will mean if it’s not Bryan and Pierre, it’s two other players who will come in and maybe aren’t playing as much, but that doesn’t mean I don’t rate them or don’t think they’re up to the standard, it’s just you need a squad. We’ve seen it more than anyone with injuries we’ve had."
I interpret all of that to mean hes not actually happy with the squad composition as it is and he feels it needs additions which will take time before its truly to level where truly we can challenge the top teams.

All very sensible and logical and at odds with those fans who think we need just 1 or 2 players in the summer. Ange does not see it that way and rightly so.

I interpret all of that to mean hes not actually happy with the squad composition as it is and he feels it needs additions which will take time before its truly to level where truly we can challenge the top teams.

All very sensible and logical and at odds with those fans who think we need just 1 or 2 players in the summer. Ange does not see it that way and rightly so.
1 or 2 may be what he means (I think it’s more like 3 or 4)
But the key is he is saying we aren’t where he wants us yet which is just sensible

1 or 2 may be what he means (I think it’s more like 3 or 4)
But the key is he is saying we aren’t where he wants us yet which is just sensible
He mentions having a squad of 22 players ready to come and perform and also alludes to the size and quality of the squads of Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project. Neither are just 3 or 4 players ahead of us.

Emirates Marketing Project pretty much have 2 world class players (or youngsters who could potentially be world class) in every position. Same with Liverpools first 11, if they are not world class they are in the bracket below.

He mentions having a squad of 22 players ready to come and perform and also alludes to the size and quality of the squads of Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project. Neither are just 3 or 4 players ahead of us.
Again it’s opinions
Ange will have his
Pools best player today was a kid at right back. Whose to say we don’t have a few of those to supplement the ones we already have playing every week

Again it’s opinions
Ange will have his
Pools best player today was a kid at right back. Whose to say we don’t have a few of those to supplement the ones we already have playing every week
If we do then that will go towards creating the type of squad needed. The important part is the manager himself thinks the squad of quality players isn't big enough and I don't understand why some fans are trying to fight that. Are the emotional connections to some of the players that strong?

If we do then that will go towards creating the type of squad needed. The important part is the manager himself thinks the squad of quality players isn't big enough and I don't understand why some fans are trying to fight that. Are the emotional connections to some of the players that strong?
I don’t think there are any attachments to anyone except maybe some of the newer ones
We know we will lose players like Hojberg, Lo Celso and sess this summer .. Gil too I hope

I can’t see us shifting players we have just brought though

So we will need to replace the ones above with players more suited. That’s normal

Me may well wanna replace some of them with youth players and also add to what we are keeping with additional depth

That’s all Anges call now

Back