• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

What hacked Ange off about the Maddison question ? I think the journo was basically asking if Madders was ok and would he be starting.
Ange came back with.....he's a professional footballer , a bit smart arse IMO.
With 3 games in close time the question of rotation has entered my mind.
Porro, Kulu, Bentancur , Udogie and Madders still early days back could all be considered for a rest. Also one of Romero or Vdv.
Davies and Royal need to play, MF can pretty much be swapped in game as we have seen.
Ange is great at controlling the narrative and setting the tone.
Keeps everyone, including journos, on their toes and engaged.
You can ask a question as equally get a fun answer like the Hamilton one, a forthright answer like the madders one or a detailed answer.
The only thing you can guarantee is you won't flimflam or waffle.
It's very Mourinho like, in Mourinhos peak days (not the same tactics - society has changed. But the same outcome. One big team. Captivating. Ange is in charge, and owns, everything.)

What hacked Ange off about the Maddison question ? I think the journo was basically asking if Madders was ok and would he be starting.
Ange came back with.....he's a professional footballer , a bit smart arse IMO.
With 3 games in close time the question of rotation has entered my mind.
Porro, Kulu, Bentancur , Udogie and Madders still early days back could all be considered for a rest. Also one of Romero or Vdv.
Davies and Royal need to play, MF can pretty much be swapped in game as we have seen.
Think you need to work on understanding humour bro.

Think you need to work on understanding humour bro.
I don't think so, that was not humour, it was sarcastic.....
He's a professional footballer mate....I hope so.....( meaning he should be ready after 72 hours )........" unless he wants to pick and choose games " !!

shouldn't be conceding 37 goals in a season, let alone half of one
But apparently we've got the best GK, the best CB pairing, the best LB, the best RB.....

It's classic Spurs, on paper we always have the best everything. And then the game starts on grass.

Not devastated about today but the set piece defending was a concern. We also seemed to be sleepwalking/ running the clock down from about 70 minutes on as well, very odd.

Can't really blame the defence at all with the brand of football being played. Being a goal up doesn't mean that much really in Ange ball.

Could cut out the mistakes, and give Vic some protection on corners, and play longer when needed, get the wide players to come right back and help.

There are things we can do to help back there.
They're gonna make mistakes because they get put in intense situations over and over. I agree, they should play longer closing games out but I don't think Ange does.

I mean we have conceded a fair bulk of those goals with out at least 1 if not 2 and sometimes 3 of those our better players. Let's not act like our defence wasn't a decent part of what we did early on and it's break up hasn't impacted because it has.

It's typical Spurs that we get far too reactive to downturns.

I will go back to my earlier season place on it all, given Southampton away last year to where I expected us to be this season we are miles ahead of any curve I expected. I'm not gonna throw my toys out the pram because there are a few bumps.

I think teams have worked out that they need to pack the middle of the pitch and turn it into a real battle -- and it's working. Over to Ange to find a way to mitigate/work around that. Try something different; keep the fullbacks wide and play more natural inside forwards for a bit.

I'm not at all concerned but he's never come up against this calibre of coaches and teams before. In the past, he's usually moved on long before other clubs can counter his tactics.

Back