• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Some people are better at things than others, talent should be all that matters. There is no need for protectionism, we live in a global economy.

It isn't protectionism to think that we have a duty to our own citizens. If -for instance- building companies can hire unlimited cheap bricklayers from abroad, why would they bother to have apprenticeship schemes? But sport is different in that elite talent is in short supply....
I've no problem with clubs buying top foreign players but many are average but experienced. Having 200 in the championship seems ridiculous. I know little about European football but I imagine only a few teams in each league have the amount of senior players in their match day squads as PL where you might see just 1 or 2 youngsters on bench depending on injury list.

The issue in both examples is if the local supply prices themselves out of the market, e.g. in the first example if you decided to charge so much as a British bricklayer than a house no longer became economically viable.

There is a chicken and egg situation where lower league clubs and the requirement for homegrown is causing an inflated price for British players that simply are not good enough. We paid more for Spence & Sessegnon that it cost us to get Bentancur, unfudging believable, not to mention what we paid for Vicario.

£60M for Gallagher? more than we paid for every single player in the team bar Richi? wtf? for a guy that would not start for us? that's why clubs don't buy English players, they are not worth half their asking price

The issue in both examples is if the local supply prices themselves out of the market, e.g. in the first example if you decided to charge so much as a British bricklayer than a house no longer became economically viable.

There is a chicken and egg situation where lower league clubs and the requirement for homegrown is causing an inflated price for British players that simply are not good enough. We paid more for Spence & Sessegnon that it cost us to get Bentancur, unfudging believable, not to mention what we paid for Vicario.

£60M for Gallagher? more than we paid for every single player in the team bar Richi? wtf? for a guy that would not start for us? that's why clubs don't buy English players, they are not worth half their asking price

You don't have to buy homegrown you could develop your own.

You don't have to buy homegrown you could develop your own.

Not feasible as a full solution

- What is the maximum size your Academy can be? what is the % of conversion of world's best academies from youth input to player that could play a in CL ready side?
- Our Academy is actually better than people think, but Kane, King, that which cannot be named are generational talents, Skipp, Winks, Townsend, KWP, Mason, etc. actually shows the output is ok but nowhere near what Spurs would need.

Ideally that's why all clubs having Academies work, our lower PL & Championship players have a place to go and the generational talents could come to us and other top 6 sides

The issue is when lower league clubs think that their version of Winks/Skipp/Townsend is suddenly worth £30M+ when a Bentancur (a player with league titles, 200+ senior games, 48+ country caps, CL & WC experience) cost less

Not feasible as a full solution

- What is the maximum size your Academy can be? what is the % of conversion of world's best academies from youth input to player that could play a in CL ready side?
- Our Academy is actually better than people think, but Kane, King, that which cannot be named are generational talents, Skipp, Winks, Townsend, KWP, Mason, etc. actually shows the output is ok but nowhere near what Spurs would need.

Ideally that's why all clubs having Academies work, our lower PL & Championship players have a place to go and the generational talents could come to us and other top 6 sides

The issue is when lower league clubs think that their version of Winks/Skipp/Townsend is suddenly worth £30M+

Football is not just about CL or Sky, are the 200 in the championship ready for CL?
The issue isnt what lower league think what their players are worth it's what mugs pay for them.

We paid £40m for maddison. Price is determined by demand and supply. Clubs have the option of supplying their own. Which is cheaper? Or more profitable?

It's not just hg rules. If a club develops a player then fifa rules state they get a % of future transfer fees.

We paid £40m for maddison. Price is determined by demand and supply. Clubs have the option of supplying their own. Which is cheaper? Or more profitable?

It's not just hg rules. If a club develops a player then fifa rules state they get a % of future transfer fees.

Maddison is levels above Gallagher, Spence, Sess, list goes on of overpriced English players (nonsense like Grealish, Mount, etc.) ..

My point is there is some odd combination of HG rules, PL money (and stupidity of clubs like United & Chelsea), some hangover of perception that it's easier for a championship/youth player to adapt than foreign players, that has led to English players largely being not worth price of admission (exceptions like Maddison aside)

Maddison is levels above Gallagher, Spence, Sess, list goes on of overpriced English players (nonsense like Grealish, Mount, etc.) ..

My point is there is some odd combination of HG rules, PL money (and stupidity of clubs like United & Chelsea), some hangover of perception that it's easier for a championship/youth player to adapt than foreign players, that has led to English players largely being not worth price of admission (exceptions like Maddison aside)

I get it. But we don't have to spend £60m on gallagher.

If the price is too much, don't pay it. For the last couple of decades we've had clubs overspending. Think we are finally seeing them realise they can't anymore. Thanks everton.

It was nice in the post match to see Big Ange giving credit to Mason who is apparently assigned attacking set pieces alongside the rest of the coaching staff for the work during the week.

I've had my moans re Ryan as a head coach but definitely seems useful to have around. The job is probably easier if you have players like Porro and Maddison who can put it in a threatening position more often than not. Hopefully Dragusin can get some more credit for Mason by some goals from corners.

Still though with Ange, the cough thing though, just doesn't sound healthy! Definitely thinking it's exacerbated by 90 minutes of shouting on the touch line.

It was nice in the post match to see Big Ange giving credit to Mason who is apparently assigned attacking set pieces alongside the rest of the coaching staff for the work during the week.

I've had my moans re Ryan as a head coach but definitely seems useful to have around. The job is probably easier if you have players like Porro and Maddison who can put it in a threatening position more often than not. Hopefully Dragusin can get some more credit for Mason by some goals from corners.

Still though with Ange, the cough thing though, just doesn't sound healthy! Definitely thinking it's exacerbated by 90 minutes of shouting on the touch line.
I know the Australian assistant whose name I’ve completely forgotten does the set piece defending
Were very effective at it too

Back