• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

It's definitely a different situation to most other clubs.

We're the club that everyone, the media included, likes to laugh at. We're one of a handful clubs that hasn't been relegated during the Premier League era. We've spent the last decade and a bit mixing it with the top of the league, spending (relatively) big money. We have an AWESOME stadium, good media presence. But we haven't won anything. That makes us an easy target.

Supporters of the bigger teams look down on us for not winning anything, while being scared that we'll take their place.

Supporters of the smaller teams look up at us with jealousy, using anything they can to reassure themselves that, well, their club is just as good as Tottenham.

While we aren't the "evil empire" that ManU or Emirates Marketing Project are, we're never going to be the plucky underdogs. We're no-one's second team, even when we were playing beautiful football under Poch. We're never going to get the sympathy vote that Everton and Villa might get, despite us not being (until recently) much different to them.

That puts any manager into a difficult situation. Win something, finish in the top 4, or be damned. The flip side is that, in the modern era, there aren't many teams with a solid enough base for sustained success. We're one of the few that could.

Or is it just me, as a fan, deluded into thinking we're special?

We are special mate, and without repeating you too much it's that mix of too big to be the underdog, not quite big enough to be elite, worldwide fanbase and the revenue that provides but not money doping, not one of the initial top 4 that got to cash in and create headstart with PL/CL but also not one who let their seat at table go.

Everytime I see how rabid the media, other supporters get about us, Kane, ref decisions (Brighton game example), I remember the quote -> it's better to be hated than irrelevant

We're the club that everyone, the media included, likes to laugh at. We're one of a handful clubs that hasn't been relegated during the Premier League era. We've spent the last decade and a bit mixing it with the top of the league, spending (relatively) big money. We have an AWESOME stadium, good media presence. But we haven't won anything. That makes us an easy target.

Supporters of the bigger teams look down on us for not winning anything, while being scared that we'll take their place.

Supporters of the smaller teams look up at us with jealousy, using anything they can to reassure themselves that, well, their club is just as good as Tottenham.

While we aren't the "evil empire" that ManU or Emirates Marketing Project are, we're never going to be the plucky underdogs. We're no-one's second team, even when we were playing beautiful football under Poch. We're never going to get the sympathy vote that Everton and Villa might get, despite us not being (until recently) much different to them.

That puts any manager into a difficult situation. Win something, finish in the top 4, or be damned. The flip side is that, in the modern era, there aren't many teams with a solid enough base for sustained success. We're one of the few that could.

It’s not just you. We are special, that’s why I think it’s up there with the best jobs in football. To grow organically, to get into the position of being able to compete for big trophies without financial doping, is a hell of an accomplishment and should be held up as a shining example. Yes people can laugh because we haven’t got over the line but still some of the stuff I read from supposedly respected publications tinkles me off. I generally like the Guardian but I refuse to contribute as long as they have tossers like Glendenning on their payroll (along with some taco called Michael something or other who took at least 3 swipes at us in their review of the season articles last week).
Plus some of the stuff I read/hear about Levy is appalling. I’m not Jewish but the undercurrent of antisemitism is sickening.
Maybe I’m sensitive but I don’t think so.

What a brilliant post
Nails everything about our club

It’s not just you. We are special, that’s why I think it’s up there with the best jobs in football. To grow organically, to get into the position of being able to compete for big trophies without financial doping, is a hell of an accomplishment and should be held up as a shining example. Yes people can laugh because we haven’t got over the line but still some of the stuff I read from supposedly respected publications tinkles me off. I generally like the Guardian but I refuse to contribute as long as they have tossers like Glendenning on their payroll (along with some taco called Michael something or other who took at least 3 swipes at us in their review of the season articles last week).
Plus some of the stuff I read/hear about Levy is appalling. I’m not Jewish but the undercurrent of antisemitism is sickening.
Maybe I’m sensitive but I don’t think so.
I find the undercurrent of stupidity more offensive. Guess it goes hand in hand.

Ali Gold makes a couple of valid points about good previous Spurs managers vs Ange i.e.
2nd choices doing well. Not Santini, Van Gaal, de Boer.
Their lack of managerial experience prior to Spurs, especially Jol but also Redknapp and others.
And they are often fairly old too.

Ali Gold makes a couple of valid points about good previous Spurs managers vs Ange i.e.
2nd choices doing well. Not Santini, Van Gaal, de Boer.
Their lack of managerial experience prior to Spurs, especially Jol but also Redknapp and others.
And they are often fairly old too.

Got the face for radio

I hope this unsourced quote that I found is a real one from Ange:

"Everyone keeps saying I have to keep everyone happy. Am I supposed to go around making them cups of tea or buy their wife some flowers? They should be happy with a smile on their face every day because they’re doing what they love & representing a fantastic football club."

I hope this unsourced quote that I found is a real one from Ange:

"Everyone keeps saying I have to keep everyone happy. Am I supposed to go around making them cups of tea or buy their wife some flowers? They should be happy with a smile on their face every day because they’re doing what they love & representing a fantastic football club."
Feels a bit like the Poch quote about being paid to train, not to play. Sets the tone of whose boss and the club/manager doesn’t owe players a favor.

I'm guessing that we don't have a song for him yet? I don't write songs so I outsourced it to AI:

(To the tune of AC/DC's "Highway to Hell")

Verse 1: On the road to glory, we found our chosen one, Ange Postecoglou, he's the rising sun, From down under he came, with passion in his soul, Leading Tottenham forward, to reach our ultimate goal!

Chorus: Ange! Ange! Our fearless football king! Ange! Ange! The spirit that we bring! Together we'll conquer, we'll never back down! Tottenham rising, we wear the victor's crown!

Verse 2: He's got the fire burning, in his Aussie heart, Ange's vision's blazing, tearing teams apart, With style and innovation, he'll take us to the top, Postecoglou's revolution, can't be stopped!

Chorus: Ange! Ange! Our fearless football king! Ange! Ange! The spirit that we bring! Together we'll conquer, we'll never back down! Tottenham rising, we wear the victor's crown!

Bridge: Through the highs and lows, we'll stand by your side, With Ange at the helm, we'll ride the winning tide, United we'll stand, and sing with all our might, For Tottenham's glory, we'll fight, fight, fight!

Outro: In White Hart Lane we'll chant, and echo through the sky, Ange's name will ring, as we reach for the prize, With Postecoglou leading, we'll march to destiny, Oh, Tottenham's army, forever we'll be free!

Hmmm......

The content of the song definitely doesn’t suit, but the Oils are a classic Aussie rock band so how about Blue Sky Mine? Replace the “who’s gonna save me?” chorus around 2 mins 35 seconds with “Ange Postecoglou”. Very simple.

To the classic Poch one…

He’s an Aussie you know

Post….e…cog…..lou

My coats on and I’m heading out the door

Angie poss
Angie poss
Angie angie poss
He came oz
To be our boss
Angie angie poss ....

That's about as basic and simple our fan base has become.

Back