• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Chiriches official

Wonders whether this signing is a shrewd bit of business considering the number of Romanians that reside in London now. :-k

Lucky boy around 3'30"!

Still, I'm going to be completely irrational and say I'm Vlad's #1 fan and think he'll be first choice beside Jan by season's end. Go Vlad!

What a boring video. Still, at least we know he can play a 20 yard square pass to his fellow centre back!

Sharp! It's 2.19 actually.

Anyway, what is he doing at 3.30?!? Heart attack if he does that at Spurs. Does he think he is Timothee Atouba?!
Yeah he is kinda heat attackish at times, but you will get used to it, i panicked the first few times he started dribbling but after seeing it work it is actually a moment of the game i look forward too instead of being afraid of. Can't recall him loosing the ball and get scored on because of that in 2 years at Steaua so keep calm and enjoy it :D

Yeah he is kinda heat attackish at times, but you will get used to it, i panicked the first few times he started dribbling but after seeing it work it is actually a moment of the game i look forward too instead of being afraid of. Can't recall him loosing the ball and get scored on because of that in 2 years at Steaua so keep calm and enjoy it :D

Cool, we're just used to Dawson hoofing the ball forward!

its a bit different in the PL where if he loses he ball there are far better midfielders and strikers just waiting to take advantage. Im sure he will be more cautious

I was quite impressed by that video. He did not give the ball away once and he made no mistakes.

I expect that from him in all his performances for Spurs hence forth. He has set his own standard.

[video=youtube;FIX94ExNinM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIX94ExNinM[/video]

That video of Vlad isn't all that spectacular, but the match had some pretty nice goals :D

Vlad was given clear defensive assignments and didn't feature that much since the hungarians had almost no clear chances to score, but there's one important aspect to note about this game.. Vlad was selected captain of Romania's national team for the first time at only age 23. :)

Tomorrow, another home match against Turkey, this one should prove a bit more difficult for our defense so I'm sure this time around we'll see more of Vlad.

I was quite impressed by that video. He did not give the ball away once and he made no mistakes.

Apart from on 3:22 when he could have cleared it but turned back inside, could have given it to the keeper but tried to dribble, could have got rid but tried to beat 3 men, realised he had given it away and clearly dived to con the ref into a freekick and avoid having 3 attackers through on goal. Other than that, it looked pretty good to me too with some nice interceptions, but pretty sterile and walking pace largely.

Anybody else thinks that Vlad and Dawson look a lot alike?

Also, for the Romanian posters, thanks for all the insight regarding Vlad. It is great to get a perspective on him, beyond the usual highlights videos. Also, in the last video there were a lot of fans holding up signs that said "1918", was that aimed at the Hungarian fans/players? Is that something to do with enter of WWI & dismemberment of Austria-Hungary?

So all the illegal card gamblers on Westminster Bridge will be spurs fans now.

RACIST

Your not allowed to make negatvie generalisations like that Kingdawson old son, i will take it in good fait but as the sites PC policeman you have been warned please be more tolerant in future, many thanks, ben.

:p

Also, in the last video there were a lot of fans holding up signs that said "1918", was that aimed at the Hungarian fans/players? Is that something to do with enter of WWI & dismemberment of Austria-Hungary?

You're right, but let's just call it old feuds :) I personally don't like to get involved with that and think that we're people first.

Had a terrible game last night against Turkey. Wondered a lot with the ball towards the midfield, only to give it away to the opposition. Made some stupid fouls and on one occasion had to dive in order to save face.

Ask Vlad through Spurs Official on Twitter: Q: Have you tried much British food yet, if so what do you like most? A: ''I like a full English breakfast so I think this is my favourite.''

Let's hope he doesn't have too many!!

Back