• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Chiriches official

Thanks for that report Romanian. I have a very good feeling about Vlad, and think he and Vertonghen together might happen sooner than many of us think.

Nice write up Romanian. Say if you compared him to Verts directly - speed, heading, reading of game, tackling, intercepting etc... how would you rate attributes like those for the both of them out a score of 10? also do you think he is verstaile enough for other positions? We're stocked at midfield, so its got to be either left or right back.

I'll try to answer your question as best as I can, though I have to be honest and admit I haven't followed Verts on a regular basis. Here goes:

Speed: 7 --- 7.5
Heading: 7.5 --- 6
Game IQ: 7.5 --- 8.5
Tackling: 7 --- 8
Intercepting: 8 --- 8

(Verts on the left compared with Chiriches on the right)

I now realize that I didn't include an in-depth analysis of his skills in my previous post (but I would have risked nobody reading it :D ), but I will leave that up to you guys to judge. You may think that my opinion is biased. What I admire most about this kid is the way he prepares and the simple pleasure he has when playing football.
His football IQ really helps him overcome his average heading ability - which has improved massively during the past year - and he is a genuinely top notch defensive presence. He is the only Romanian football player in a long long time that I feel comfortable on the pitch with and he transfers the same attitude on the pitch. It's a real pleasure seeing him play and that's why he's already won the hearts of many football fans in Romania, not to mention his talent.
You may have seen from the video review from Scout Nation that he's got good dribbling ability (he used to play center forward and midfield when he was younger) for a center back - he's one of the very few CB's in the world that can play a back-heel or a sneaky between-the-legs pass and he's done that at European level too.

To answer your other question, he is versatile, but I don't really think he'd be comfortable playing RB/LB. He can easily play DM or even CM, but playing as a winger is not really his best fit, I believe. He's been OK when played at RB a few times (LB is probably out of the question since he's right footed), but not in high-stakes matches.

Chiriches interviewed in Romania: "Who do you see as title favourites in the Premier League?" Vlad: "Hopefully, us."

Love it

Thanks Romanian for both of those posts, really useful stuff. Must admit I've never seen Vlad play, so I don't know ANYTHING about him. But from the sounds of it he sounds talented. Looking forward to him putting on a Spurs shirt...

So.......

Enthusiastic, not great at heading, can control and pass a ball......

He's the anti-Ade!

This is the one signing none of us (British based fans) really know a lot about, which kind of makes him the most exciting. How do people think he'll do in his first season? I'm thinking maybe 20-25 appearances, no real pressure and possibly the show stealer in our Europa League victory!

Romanian, thanks so much for the write-up. AVB is pretty conservative about integrating new players, though he really seems to like intensity and enthusiasm (e.g. players like Walker rather than Ade/BAE) and Vlad's attitude seems absolutely top-notch so I'm sure he will settle in well here and probably shine for us next season. It helps that Dawson is getting old and Kaboul is still recovering slowly from his injury, so I can see us relying on Vlad quite a bit.

Funnily enough, just from the tiny glimpses I've seen, all of our new signings this summer seem to have really obvious, well-defined personalities: Chiriches - bright, happy, and eager; Eriksen - calm and mature for his age; Lamela - cool and a bit skittish (but intense as hell underneath); Soldado - responsible and shy-ish (older husband/father type); Paulinho - focused, with the drive to prove himself (as someone who almost quit after failing as a youngster); Capoue - understated and somewhat mysterious.

It's pretty much a sports manga :lol:

The Anti-Ade lol!

Skyfarer - that's a nice picture you painted there, really like it. :) THFC fans (it seems I've jumped on board too part thanks to Vlad's move and part thanks to the excitement here) really have some bright days and especially lovely football ahead. I wrote in a post and still think that Bale's departure is going to turn out to be a good move after all. :)

It seems that Vlad is going to start at CB tomorrow against Hungary, which by the way promises to be a great match since they have some nice firepower upfront (Szalai, Dzudszak, Koman, Hajnal) and so Vlad should be tested a lot. Also, this is one of the fiercest rivalries between countries and the first leg was pretty quiet so I expect this one to blow up in front of 55k fans. Promising match, should offer a great show - it's on at 19:00 UK time in case you re interested.. Going to the game, can't miss this one.

I'm really glad the reviews helped and I too look forward to seeing Vlad in a Spurs shirt pretty soon. :D

Also, Mumorn do you have a link for that interview report? I couldn't find anything related to that and might be able to translate the rest of the questions :)

The Anti-Ade lol!

Skyfarer - that's a nice picture you painted there, really like it. :) THFC fans (it seems I've jumped on board too part thanks to Vlad's move and part thanks to the excitement here) really have some bright days and especially lovely football ahead. I wrote in a post and still think that Bale's departure is going to turn out to be a good move after all. :)

It seems that Vlad is going to start at CB tomorrow against Hungary, which by the way promises to be a great match since they have some nice firepower upfront (Szalai, Dzudszak, Koman, Hajnal) and so Vlad should be tested a lot. Also, this is one of the fiercest rivalries between countries and the first leg was pretty quiet so I expect this one to blow up in front of 55k fans. Promising match, should offer a great show - it's on at 19:00 UK time in case you re interested.. Going to the game, can't miss this one.

I'm really glad the reviews helped and I too look forward to seeing Vlad in a Spurs shirt pretty soon. :D

\o/ Welcome on board :D

The Anti-Ade lol!

His name is Dzsudzsak (not easy, I know), Hajnal is **** and hopefully will be an unused sub, the first leg was pretty quiet, but it's not easy to support your national team if the supporters are not allowed to go to a game by UEFA.
Vlad will score, it's written all over it and it'll make me really sad, but what can I do?

BTW his name proves his hungarian origin (Kerekes), but he's Romanian, without a doubt.

I'd be happy with a draw.

Chiriches interviewed in Romania: "Who do you see as title favourites in the Premier League?" Vlad: "Hopefully, us."

Love it

Chiriches looks absolutely delighted to have signed for us. That enthusiasm may be worth more than his ability.

Things are heating up in Bucharest..The hungarian fans have created problems all day long..should be a great match to watch.

Go Vlad, show them Spurs what you can do and GO ROMANIA! [-o<

Pretty sure 90% of Spurs fans are Romania, Denmark, Argentina, Belgium, Brazil and Spain fans this weekend! Come on the new boys!

I'll try to answer your question as best as I can, though I have to be honest and admit I haven't followed Verts on a regular basis. Here goes:

Speed: 7 --- 7.5
Heading: 7.5 --- 6
Game IQ: 7.5 --- 8.5
Tackling: 7 --- 8
Intercepting: 8 --- 8

(Verts on the left compared with Chiriches on the right)

I now realize that I didn't include an in-depth analysis of his skills in my previous post (but I would have risked nobody reading it :D ), but I will leave that up to you guys to judge. You may think that my opinion is biased. What I admire most about this kid is the way he prepares and the simple pleasure he has when playing football.
His football IQ really helps him overcome his average heading ability - which has improved massively during the past year - and he is a genuinely top notch defensive presence. He is the only Romanian football player in a long long time that I feel comfortable on the pitch with and he transfers the same attitude on the pitch. It's a real pleasure seeing him play and that's why he's already won the hearts of many football fans in Romania, not to mention his talent.
You may have seen from the video review from Scout Nation that he's got good dribbling ability (he used to play center forward and midfield when he was younger) for a center back - he's one of the very few CB's in the world that can play a back-heel or a sneaky between-the-legs pass and he's done that at European level too.

To answer your other question, he is versatile, but I don't really think he'd be comfortable playing RB/LB. He can easily play DM or even CM, but playing as a winger is not really his best fit, I believe. He's been OK when played at RB a few times (LB is probably out of the question since he's right footed), but not in high-stakes matches.

hmmmmmm (insert shorty man dancing GIF here cos I have no idea how to do that stuff)

I always assumed most PL-quality players played CF when they were younger, as they were probably the best player in their class/at their school/in their club etc. Have I got this wrong?

I always assumed most PL-quality players played CF when they were younger, as they were probably the best player in their class/at their school/in their club etc. Have I got this wrong?
that's the british way - throw them all in a s**** all going for the same ball and see who survives.

elsewhere its technical skills - not games first - and kids get selected based on how far they go by skills

[video=youtube;R4-YwJQc2XQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4-YwJQc2XQ[/video]

Back