• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

As far as I know from here the only time to make this transfer is after Steaua's CL playoff, interesting to see if AVB wants him then. Spurs are EL playoffs, what's the word are going to be competing in EL, or just play with youngsters?

Competing. In the groups we won't put out a first eleven, but when we get to the knockouts we'll push towards trying to win it. Just like last year imo.

Competing. In the groups we won't put out a first eleven, but when we get to the knockouts we'll push towards trying to win it. Just like last year imo.

I was surprised with the loss to Basel, saw them earlier in that year and they were poor to say the least, looks like they caught form towards the end. Good luck to Spurs in the EL and PL.

I was surprised with the loss to Basel, saw them earlier in that year and they were poor to say the least, looks like they caught form towards the end. Good luck to Spurs in the EL and PL.

Yes, Molde had a penalty miss as last kick of the ball against Basel in the play off which would have sent them out already then.
Were quality when they faced us though, possibly best performance we faced at White Hart Lane that season.
Good luck to you guys as well, will be interesting to see who you get in the CL play off.

Greg Stobart re: Chiriches
@gstobart: @Ur_spurs_news @TalkingTHFC Not dead. Will probably happen later in the month.

I hope so, crazy that we let Caulker go BEFORE getting this guy in.

Steaua Bucharest coach Laurențiu Reghecampf says star defender Vlad Chiriches will have to overcome the disappointment of seeing a potential move to Tottenham Hotspur collapse.

Source: Sky Sports

Reports in England and Romania, had claimed that a near £7million deal was close to completion and that Chiriches would seal a switch to White Hart Lane after the first leg of Steaua's Champions League qualifier with Dinamo Tbilisi this week.

However, it claimed that the deal has been called off by Steaua's owner Gigi Becali, who is currently serving a three-year prison sentence.

"It's a difficult situation for Vlad," Steaua coach Reghecampfs is quoted by Romanian broadcaster Digisport.

"We all decided that if an offer came on, he would leave after the Champions League play-off and I agreed that he should leave, but Gigi [Becali] has decided that he should stay and help us qualify for the Champions League.

"He will have to get over this and he is a boy with an incredible character, but he was affected. I'm still sure in the future he will go to a strong team from abroad."

23-year-old Chiriches, who has previously been targeted by Milan duo AC and Inter, is regarded as one of the best young defenders in Europe.

Steaua general manager Mihai Stoica added: "There is indeed an offer for Chiriches, the highest ever received in Romanian football.

"But until winter he will not leave under any circumstances. This could be a blow to Chiriches, but he should understand. He owes a lot to Steaua.

"Things are good, we are in qualifying for the Champions League. We are in good shape."

I really hope this is not true, and we are condemned by a criminal :evil: :evil: :evil:

And we sold Caulker which leaves us with how many fit central defenders?

Am sure we must have other options; there was no rush to sell caulker so we must have been confident about getting another CB in, whether that's Chiriches or someone else

Toby Alderweireld. One year left on his contract. Ajax-bred, classy young centre-back. Belgian.

[video=youtube;xO5dDWK3_2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO5dDWK3_2I[/video]

good good player, id snap him up immediately

Pfft he just keeps whacking it into the top corner; I don't think he would fit in at all.

What are we waiting for, just sign all the Belgians and Brazilians and Spaniards we can and get rid of the rest

This Ajax dude sounds good. Young and Belgian seems to be a good combo these days. Plus he will be less than £10m if he only has a year left on his contract.

Alderweireld is the easy obvious signing, if we were that convinced then he'd already be a Spurs player. I hope we can get Chiriches, maybe we'll know more after their 2nd leg against Tbilisi.

Alderweireld is the easy obvious signing, if we were that convinced then he'd already be a Spurs player. I hope we can get Chiriches, maybe we'll know more after their 2nd leg against Tbilisi.

This.

Never really seen Chiriches play so can't comment, but as someone else said, would prefer the club's first choice joined us.

Back