• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

How good is this lad? is he as better than Caulker? which current Premiership centre back is he most similar to? he's only rated 63 on FIFA FFS!
He is very similar to David Luiz of Chelsea because he is very elegant with the ball and has very good technique. If you are looking for a CB with good passing skills and good tackling he is the man. He is also fast for a CB and has good shooting ability, you ca see he has scored several times from long rage. Weakness: The aerial ability, he is not very bad but he is not impressing either. Can't remember him scoring a goal with a header, from a corner or a cross. He is still young and can improve, and in a comparison to your team, yes he is much better than Caulker, I think that he can be a first eleven player no problem for Tottenham IF he adapt to english football.

Becali has some interesting views on things to be sure ;)

Why is he in prison?
They caught him doing some land exchanges with the army, they exchanged 2 lands one being a lot more valuable than the other, so it is thought that becali bribed someone from the army to exchange those 2 parts.
And the second reason is for bribery for a Steaua match. It was the last matchday of the season and Steaua was 2nd just 1 point behind CFR Cluj. Becali gave 1,8 million euro to U Cluj who were playing CFR Cluj if they could get a draw and send the title to Steaua. CFR did not loose, they got the championship and Becali's money were confiscated. I don't know why, it looked like a bonus for a team to win, that is not bribery, that is prize money, you can not put bribery if a team receives money TO WIN A GAME.

Iulian - how is vlad at defending crosses? or does bucharest concede often at set pieces when vlad is there? We were leaking goals from corners/setpieces regardless who we had at the back!

Iulian - how is vlad at defending crosses? or does bucharest concede often at set pieces when vlad is there? We were leaking goals from corners/setpieces regardless who we had at the back!
What he lacks in header skills he makes up in good positioning, although i saw him getting out jumped 2 or 3 times and getting scored on because of that usually he handles himself good when defending crosses because of that positioning. We have a tall polish guy next to him in CB position so he takes care of most of the crosses :)). Overall on set pieces,corners, crosses I say Vlad is decent but not impressive, he doesn't score often when we have a corner either. But like I said you will be very impressed with the way he just takes the ball from your on box and starts dribbling towards the other's team box, he can literally dribble his way from home to a goal scoring position. Gotta tell you at first we were scared when we saw him attempting so many dribbling him being a CB and all but after we saw what he can do, we can't wait to see him starting and looking like he could go all the way to other's team 6 yard box, it's incredible.

What he lacks in header skills he makes up in good positioning, although i saw him getting out jumped 2 or 3 times and getting scored on because of that usually he handles himself good when defending crosses because of that positioning. We have a tall polish guy next to him in CB position so he takes care of most of the crosses :)). Overall on set pieces,corners, crosses I say Vlad is decent but not impressive, he doesn't score often when we have a corner either. But like I said you will be very impressed with the way he just takes the ball from your on box and starts dribbling towards the other's team box, he can literally dribble his way from home to a goal scoring position. Gotta tell you at first we were scared when we saw him attempting so many dribbling him being a CB and all but after we saw what he can do, we can't wait to see him starting and looking like he could go all the way to other's team 6 yard box, it's incredible.

We've already got BAE to do that ;) More seriously, is this deal still worth following, or do you think its gone with the wind, Iulian?

We've already got BAE to do that ;) More seriously, is this deal still worth following, or do you think its gone with the wind, Iulian?
It is still doable, Becali is very unpredictable, if Tottenham raises their bid a little bit and gives Steaua more time(the reason it went off in the first place is that Spurs wanted him the next day after the offer was made, incredible clause if you ask me).

It is still doable, Becali is very unpredictable, if Tottenham raises their bid a little bit and gives Steaua more time(the reason it went off in the first place is that Spurs wanted him the next day after the offer was made, incredible clause if you ask me).

I thought we were going to let him play the second leg of the CL qualifier, and then come do his medical afterwards..

Well that's what his agent is saying anyway.

I thought we were going to let him play the second leg of the CL qualifier, and then come do his medical afterwards..

Well that's what his agent is saying anyway.
I think Becali thought it was a lack of respect to put 1 day deadline for a decision to sell Chiriches.
It makes no why would they keep him for 2nd round of qualifying when you won 2-0 away from home? Maybe keeping him for the playoff where we can find some resistance from teams like Austria Viena or Partizan, but I think we can clear them without Chiriches.

But like I said you will be very impressed with the way he just takes the ball from your on box and starts dribbling towards the other's team box, he can literally dribble his way from home to a goal scoring position. Gotta tell you at first we were scared when we saw him attempting so many dribbling him being a CB and all but after we saw what he can do, we can't wait to see him starting and looking like he could go all the way to other's team 6 yard box, it's incredible.

i've always wanted a dribbler in our team and happy with dembele, but a dribbling CB.... that will take some adjusting.

from that video he looks strong on the run, i think he'll cope with british football - that is if the opponents don't hack him down first!

i've always wanted a dribbler in our team and happy with dembele, but a dribbling CB.... that will take some adjusting.

from that video he looks strong on the run, i think he'll cope with british football - that is if the opponents don't hack him down first!
We have a german physical trainer, best transfer we ever made :D , no or very few injuries and the team plays fast, one touch football. Of course when you play one touch football you loose the ball sometimes but when we do immediately 2-3 players surround the opposing player that has the ball and the pressing is very high. So I don't think Vlad would have a problem winning duels even though he does not look as the strongest guy out there.

I actually saw the game Steaua played against Chelsea, and the pressing game from Steaua was in periods impressing. Thanks for your answer earlier, Iulian, lets see if we can do the transfer after all :)

Don't think it will happen now..

Steaua Bucharest coach Laurențiu Reghecampf says star defender Vlad Chiriches will have to overcome the disappointment of seeing a potential move to Tottenham Hotspur collapse.

Reports in England and Romania, had claimed that a near £7million deal was close to completion and that Chiriches would seal a switch to White Hart Lane after the first leg of Steaua's Champions League qualifier with Dinamo Tbilisi this week.

However, it claimed that the deal has been called off by Steaua's owner Gigi Becali, who is currently serving a three-year prison sentence.

"It's a difficult situation for Vlad," Steaua coach Reghecampfs is quoted by Romanian broadcaster Digisport.

"We all decided that if an offer came on, he would leave after the Champions League play-off and I agreed that he should leave, but Gigi [Becali] has decided that he should stay and help us qualify for the Champions League.

"He will have to get over this and he is a boy with an incredible character, but he was affected. I'm still sure in the future he will go to a strong team from abroad."

23-year-old Chiriches, who has previously been targeted by Milan duo AC and Inter, is regarded as one of the best young defenders in Europe.

Steaua general manager Mihai Stoica added: "There is indeed an offer for Chiriches, the highest ever received in Romanian football.

"But until winter he will not leave under any circumstances. This could be a blow to Chiriches, but he should understand. He owes a lot to Steaua.

"Things are good, we are in qualifying for the Champions League. We are in good shape."

We have a german physical trainer, best transfer we ever made :D , no or very few injuries and the team plays fast, one touch football. Of course when you play one touch football you loose the ball sometimes but when we do immediately 2-3 players surround the opposing player that has the ball and the pressing is very high. So I don't think Vlad would have a problem winning duels even though he does not look as the strongest guy out there.

Thanks for all your posts, mate. I never bother watching the you-tube stuff and your input has given me a good idea of what Vlad is like. How good he could be for Spurs is another matter!!

Hope we didnt let Caulker go without any alternative lined up apart from this guy.
Presently we have Dawson as our only proven fit CB. It awaits to be seen whether Kaboul's recovery is full.

Hope we didnt let Caulker go without any alternative lined up apart from this guy.
Presently we have Dawson as our only proven fit CB. It awaits to be seen whether Kaboul's recovery is full.

I am not panicking yet but I wanna see what the line-up is for the Monaco before I properly start panicking!

As far as I know from here the only time to make this transfer is after Steaua's CL playoff, interesting to see if AVB wants him then. Spurs are EL playoffs, what's the word are going to be competing in EL, or just play with youngsters?

Back