• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Yeah, "a moment of madness", "let myself and family down", "lessons have been learnt", "will work to improve"......pick a platitude. It's the same old story from showbiz, sports, media and politicians faces, really they are the victims, boo hoo, the rest of us just get the sack or a knock on the door from Knacker of the Yard.

He took a proper hammering on SKY News today. I’m sure it was choreographed to an extent but he still sat there, accepted 100% responsibility and didn’t offer any excuse.

A lot of others would have hid behind a PR Man, gone for a soft interview or made excuses.

I don't actually like witch hunts like this is turning into. Sad fact of modern day reality. If someone was winding me up after a NLD loss I'd have done worse. The girl who got spat on was caught up in a sad series of events which no doubt started with her scally of a dad winding up Carragher from the safety of his driving seat behind his daughter. The Dad smelt an opportunity to make cash by selling the video as soon as the spit landed on his daughter's face.

I don't actually like witch hunts like this is turning into. Sad fact of modern day reality. If someone was winding me up after a NLD loss I'd have done worse. The girl who got spat on was caught up in a sad series of events which no doubt started with her scally of a dad winding up Carragher from the safety of his driving seat behind his daughter. The Dad smelt an opportunity to make cash by selling the video as soon as the spit landed on his daughter's face.
We expect more from people who are public figures and benefiting from that. Not coming down hard on them would set a terrible example that this was acceptable and others would follow.

Perhaps a distinction between coming down hard on this kind of thing and turning it into a witch hunt. Perhaps even a difficult line to walk. I don't think Carragher deserves much in terms of the benefit of the doubt here though.

You’d do worse than spitting at a 14 year old girl because of a football match?

He took a proper hammering on SKY News today. I’m sure it was choreographed to an extent but he still sat there, accepted 400% responsibility and didn’t offer any excuse.

A lot of others would have hid behind a PR Man, gone for a soft interview or made excuses.
They should have tied him to a chair then had the studio staff gob at him in a kind of crazed restorative justice piece.

People in public life get goaded all the time, teachers, health care staff, police. Mostly they shrug their shoulders and get on with it. Thank GHod for the rest of us they do.Not sure why anyone would defend Carragher. He is paid a lot of money to stand around on a set and be the interface between Sky and the public. He brought that position into disrepute so it's up to his employer to decide how to deal with him.

Seriously though he's a grown man with kids! He should be so ashamed.
The red mist descended and won't have been first time and won't be the last!

The Masuaku incident was only a few weeks ago as well, still fresh in the memory.

The thing is, Id punch you before spitting at you (speaking generally, no threat intended!).

Spitting literally would not occur to me. It is disgusting, without question, but its also not a thought that would even enter my head. I think it takes a special kind of nasty to spit at someone.

What does that say about you?

I should get a fecking award for restraint here folks!

I'm fcuking far from perfect.

Not many people are, Carragher included. Qunt winds you up on the back of an emotional loss, you lose your cool and do something stupid. Stop making out it was all about him aiming for a girl in the passenger seat because it blatantly wasn't and I very doubt he's that accurate with his phlegm from a moving car.

The Masuaku incident was only a few weeks ago as well, still fresh in the memory.

The thing is, Id punch you before spitting at you (speaking generally, no threat intended!).

Spitting literally would not occur to me. It is disgusting, without question, but its also not a thought that would even enter my head. I think it takes a special kind of nasty to spit at someone.
Absolutely this.

Without seeing all of the goading it's impossible to tell whether a reaction was warranted or not, but who the fudge resorts to spitting? As you've said, that wouldn't even come into my list of methods by which I'd attempt some kind of retribution. It's just fudging low - I wouldn't spit at someone mid-fight let alone for a few comments.

It's the fact that Carragher would resort to spitting at all that is the issue for me, not that he reacted.

Would it really have been that hard for Carragher to just laugh it off? The game was over, it's not like during the game where you get a bit fired up, he's driving home. The guy wasn't going "Hey Carra, you ugly qunt!" or whatever, he was just ribbing him about the result and being a bit annoying. The guy should do some anger management or something.

Would it really have been that hard for Carragher to just laugh it off? The game was over, it's not like during the game where you get a bit fired up, he's driving home. The guy wasn't going "Hey Carra, you ugly qunt!" or whatever, he was just ribbing him about the result and being a bit annoying. The guy should do some anger management or something.
He could just do what I do when people hurl abuse through my car window - call them a peasant and wind up the window. It makes people really angry.

Absolutely this.

Without seeing all of the goading it's impossible to tell whether a reaction was warranted or not, but who the fudge resorts to spitting? As you've said, that wouldn't even come into my list of methods by which I'd attempt some kind of retribution. It's just fudging low - I wouldn't spit at someone mid-fight let alone for a few comments.

It's the fact that Carragher would resort to spitting at all that is the issue for me, not that he reacted.

This is the thing. Had Carragher shouted "pull over, lets sort this out!!" - its not acceptable of course, but its much more "reasonable" (not the word, but you know what I mean).

Back