• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

I hate to upset the grain of movement on this thread, but unlike most of you, I dont rate VDV that highly at all,, Yes he is a good player, but his lack of speed and seemingly lack of fitness always makes it appear to me that he is struggling.. Dont get me wrong, i have nothing personal against him, but I can live with someone else in his role for sure..

Hazaar, there are two of us!

As you say, he's completely laboured, unfit and overall doesn't add anywhere near enough.

People bring out his goalscoring and assist stats, but all they do is show how ineffective he is - last season he ranked about 15th in each.

Easily replaced - and let's be honest, if the club wanted to keep him, they would, or demand a sufficiently high fee. £9.5M or whatever, say it all.

i seem to remember there being quotes earlier this summer from her directly refuting those claims

i seem to remember there being quotes earlier this summer from her directly refuting those claims

There was, but it was always thought she was just saying that because some idiots used teletext to have a go at her about making VDV go back to germany.

Did VDV not come out and say he was staying the first time these rumours started doing the rounds?

Hazaar, there are two of us!

As you say, he's completely laboured, unfit and overall doesn't add anywhere near enough.

People bring out his goalscoring and assist stats, but all they do is show how ineffective he is - last season he ranked about 15th in each.

Easily replaced - and let's be honest, if the club wanted to keep him, they would, or demand a sufficiently high fee. £9.5M or whatever, say it all.

Contender for idiotic post of the season. If Modric goes and Ledley is retired, VdV is head and shoulders our best player.

His passion, touch. Oh fcuk it if you don't think he's good then you are wasting my time.

Did VDV not come out and say he was staying the first time these rumours started doing the rounds?

As i have said before, Spurs are happy with VDV, VDV is happy at Spurs.IF he leaves it will be because his wife wants to go back to Germany.

Contender for idiotic post of the season. If Modric goes and Ledley is retired, VdV is head and shoulders our best player.

His passion, touch. Oh fcuk it if you don't think he's good then you are wasting my time.

His passion doesnt translate into productivity. It manifests itself in celebrations and making one off sliding tackles.

How anyone can say he's better than Bale is beyond me. Sure he's talented, which is why he found himself at Madrid, but more interesting is why he was sold, why we managed to get him, why he's not first choice for his country and why no big club is after him now after we, a club known for digging our heels in, are seemingly willing to let him go for a relatively moderate price.

Call it a gut feeling as i do not do ITK.

It seems pretty clear to me that AVB wants to build his team around fast, athletic players and that we are quite happy to move on players who do not fit this model. VdV is a good player but I would not be surprised if AVB would be happy to sell him if the price was right and we had a chance of bringing in someone who better fitted his model.

His passion doesnt translate into productivity. It manifests itself in celebrations and making one off sliding tackles.

How anyone can say he's better than Bale is beyond me. Sure he's talented, which is why he found himself at Madrid, but more interesting is why he was sold, why we managed to get him, why he's not first choice for his country and why no big club is after him now after we, a club known for digging our heels in, are seemingly willing to let him go for a relatively moderate price.

At least you're consistent in your ridiculousness.

It seems pretty clear to me that AVB wants to build his team around fast, athletic players and that we are quite happy to move on players who do not fit this model. VdV is a good player but I would not be surprised if AVB would be happy to sell him if the price was right and we had a chance of bringing in someone who better fitted his model.

You could be right, i guess we will have to wait and see.

This is becoming quite clear. I fully agree with fast athletic players being a great way forward. However I think quality on the ball is of more importance and having a mix of players in the squad is also important.

I just hope AVB puts as much emphasis on attacking, creating and scoring goals as he seems to do on tactical and athletic players. I would have thought Hudd and VDV have shown that even though they are not great off the ball they have more than enough quality to play a part in a top 4 team. We dont need a squad of identical players.

But I dont think VDV is our best player, hes in a group of about 6 players (Bale, Ade, Lennon, Parker, Kaboul, VDV) who I would say our are better performers.

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has made it clear he has no intention of selling Rafael van der Vaart this summer.

Van der Vaart has been an undoubted success since he signed from Real Madrid two years ago, but the Dutchman had to settle for a place on the bench last week at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, with Villas-Boas selecting Gylfi Sigurdsson for his first game in charge.

The midfielder, who scored 14 goals for club and country last term, has been strongly linked with a return to Hamburg, where his wife Sylvie works.

The 29-year-old fuelled talk of a return to Germany when he said earlier this summer that he still "loves" the city where he spent three years before moving to Real Madrid.

Villas-Boas refused to guarantee that Van der Vaart would be at Spurs when the transfer window closes in eight days' time, but when asked whether it was his intention to sell the Holland international, the Portuguese said: "No, on the contrary. He's a player of great importance for us, a player I count on.

Not for sale

Ins and outs at Spurs
"I'm not sure if Hamburg are interested but he's a player who at the moment is not for sale.

"Anything can happen but he's a player we are counting on."

Spurs put great effort into landing Sigurdsson this summer amid strong interest from Liverpool.
Villas-Boas seems to have a lot of faith in the former Hoffenheimplayer, but denied that Van der Vaart is no longer in his first-team plans.

"Rafa was very unlucky because when he came from his vacation after the Euros he got injured in the game against LA Galaxy so he missed most of our pre-season in America and Sigurdsson was with us all pre-season," said the boss.

"He couldn't therefore play against Watford and Valencia so he came back late for selection and it was pretty straightforward to select Sigurdsson for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game.

"Now Rafa has trained with us all week and he's looking strong and in contention."

One happy yid over here, love Rafa

Nothing surprising there - I'm sure AVB can recognise his qualities and would be a fool to lose him at this stage considering we have higher priorities to address first

Last edited:

Imagine if Corluka was still here

:ross:

Back