• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

I honestly think VDV with the right management could last 90 minutes. He was given too much of a free role under Harry and took possession of the ball in phases of play that he should have left to others and in doing so he wasted his energy. I don't want to see VDV dropping back into our own half he is wasted there. The problem with Rafa is he wants to be involved in everything and for him to go the full 90 minutes this has to change.

I'd rather keep him than sell him, but I'm happy with whatever the new management team decide.

He is a top player and i have enjoyed watching him play however i would not be surprised if he does leave, it will all depend what the new manager decides.

I honestly think VDV with the right management could last 90 minutes. He was given too much of a free role under Harry and took possession of the ball in phases of play that he should have left to others and in doing so he wasted his energy. I don't want to see VDV dropping back into our own half he is wasted there. The problem with Rafa is he wants to be involved in everything and for him to go the full 90 minutes this has to change.

I'd rather keep him than sell him, but I'm happy with whatever the new management team decide.

That's key for all of us I think. I'll be really disappointed if we see any fans turn on the manager because he isn't picking certain players. AVB needs time.

Such a great finisher, very cool under pressure and plays with a passion. I was one of those who considered him a luxury, he wasn't the type of player i considered made us tough to play against - but he proved he could score (what's his record v manyoo, Emirates Marketing Project, chavs ?). Arry used him well, and rarely gave the ball away in dangerous situations. No we shouldn't but i think AVB will his own ideas.

As is often the case with players who they love, a lot of fans are in denial. A new manager often comes in and makes changes, including dropping (replacing) fan favourites. AVB waltzed into Chelsea and wanting to ditch Drogba, Lampard and Cole is a prime example. I wouldn't be at all shocked if he comes into Spurs and makes similar changes.

AVB's mandate at Cheat$ki was to create a new team, hence the desire to transition the old guard as quickly as possible (too quickly?), without a great deal of budget limitation. That must be looked at as exactly what it was, a one off type of scenario.

If AVB really had an interview with Levy ad said (what people here seem to believe), hey Daniel, you know what, I'm too brick a manager to figure out how to use VDV, Lennon, Parker, Dawson, Walker in my great system, so beyond the 70 odd million I need now for the new CB, Strikers and Keeper, you need to pony up to replace those guys as well.

Levy answer ?? the fact that Levy has looked at, rumored to be looking at again, the DoF system is to prevent against exactly this kind of stupidity

Any team can live without any player. Barca could like without Messi, Madrid could live without the Portuguese winker. It's what your plan is going forward that is important.

Who will score the goals against Arsenal if VDV goes? Defoe?

He's the most intelligent footballer we have at the club.

If anyone is likely to get you a goal in a big game, it's him!

If the answer is no, does this mean if he does go, we all have to die as we are without him.

Is the new GG some sort of cult now? Has Scara hidden all this is the terms and conditions for signing up?

I caught the end of an interview with a portuguese journo on five live. Apparently they are saying that they expect Modric and VDV to be sold to make more funds. At present he speculated that we had 30m Euros worth of Cash.
My heart would break if VDV left, it would remind me of Ginola leaving.

I'm actually starting to think he may go ... could end up seeing Raf and Luka out, Sig, Oscar and Moutinho in.

I'm actually starting to think he may go ... could end up seeing Raf and Luka out, Sig, Oscar and Moutinho in.

hypothetically that would be a good trade off - 2 players with potential to become top tier and one already top tier

although im basing that purely on reputation as ive seen little of them i have to say

Sorry, has he gone yet?

A successful squad is able to develop a range of different playing styles to overcome a stubborn opposition. I still think (and hope) that Rafa has a role to play in a team managed by AVB?

This. Rafa always tops our stats for workrate.

I think he could play the most advanced one of the midfield trio (remember he has even played in the 2 in Holland's 4-2-3-1 before), or on the right (AVB's front 3 have been a bit lopsided in the past).

He tops the stats for distance covered, which doesnt have to mean workrate. Quite often he jogs slowly around the pitch picking up the ball in a position where another player should have the ball, its pointless but yes does get you to top of the distance covered list.

Its people like you who have made sure VDV doesnt have much of a future at the club, adding fan pressure to sack Redknapp has basically ended VDV. Redknapp is one of the few managers who wouldnt just say "nah hes not quick and hard working so cant cut it in the prem" - he appreciated his ability on the ball.

I caught the end of an interview with a portuguese journo on five live. Apparently they are saying that they expect Modric and VDV to be sold to make more funds. At present he speculated that we had 30m Euros worth of Cash.
My heart would break if VDV left, it would remind me of Ginola leaving.

No way! Ginola is a Spurs legend, VDV is not even in my top 5 current Spurs players.

In all honesty, it's his top 5, maybe players he likes, for me.. 1) King, 2) Lennon, 3) Sandro, 4) Bale, 5) Modric

In all honesty, it's his top 5, maybe players he likes, for me.. 1) King, 2) Lennon, 3) Sandro, 4) Bale, 5) Modric

Modric? I'm shocked. Forget his talent I can't like a player who doesn't want to play for my club. I can't think of him as a favourite of mine. I don't expect every player on our books to be Spurs fans but I also expect them to keep things professional and in-house.

I think I like him more from a footballing stand point. Beautiful footballer to watch, one of a kind and a style of footballer we may not see at The Lane for years and years to come.

Back