• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Unpopular opinions

Back when I used to regularly go home & away, I enjoyed a Saturday lunch time kick off. Does that count as unpopular?!

Not at all. I guess that my point really was just that as 3pm Saturday kick offs are a thing of the past, then what's to dislike about Friday night fixtures?

But it's extremely rare that we play on a Friday. We played once last season on a Friday? So can take day off work.
r

Rare or not that is irrelevant, you asked what is wrong with playing on a Friday and that is my answer :), and as for taking a day of work a lot of guys i travel with are unable to do that.

Iphones aren't all that.

On the eve of the release of the iphone 8 I find myself questioning what these phones do that they didn't do about five years ago. Since Shazam, google maps etc nothing has evolved in recent releases yet people flock to buy them.

Give me a battery that last 48 hours and an ability to open my car door with it then maybe I'll consider swapping.

"The iPhone X is expected to be announced on Tuesday – but the company’s usual code of secrecy has broken down, meaning we already know a lot about the device. With its junking of the home button it represents the biggest change to the design of Apple’s pivotal smartphone in years. But arguably the biggest change for the iPhone X is a new all-screen design, similar to that produced by Samsung for the Galaxy S8 and Note 8, and LG for the G6 and V30. It would be the first time Apple has significantly changed the design of the iPhone in three years."

Guardian article extracts above revealing the 'dramatic' new features to the new iphone.

"The iPhone X is expected to be announced on Tuesday – but the company’s usual code of secrecy has broken down, meaning we already know a lot about the device. With its junking of the home button it represents the biggest change to the design of Apple’s pivotal smartphone in years. But arguably the biggest change for the iPhone X is a new all-screen design, similar to that produced by Samsung for the Galaxy S8 and Note 8, and LG for the G6 and V30. It would be the first time Apple has significantly changed the design of the iPhone in three years."

Guardian article extracts above revealing the 'dramatic' new features to the new iphone.
Wow. Who would have thought that Apple's next phone would be just like Samsung's last one?

It's amazing that Apple gets away with it. I asked my 22 year old colleague why she was so desperate to get the new Iphone, specifically what is different from the last version. The answer - "a slightly bigger and brighter display, nicer icons, uhh .. uhh ... it doesn't have the home button anymore". Right. Sounds like it's worth £700. :p

The fact they want you to spend hundreds of pounds a year 'upgrading' something that hasn't changed for 3 years is staggering, second only to the fact some mugs actually do it. There is nothing I need at present that these phones do over my Samsung S4.

I can't see the issue with keeping a Home button - I didn't see the issue when MS wanted to get rid of it either, and it didn't work out too well for them...

It's amazing that Apple gets away with it. I asked my 22 year old colleague why she was so desperate to get the new Iphone, specifically what is different from the last version. The answer - "a slightly bigger and brighter display, nicer icons, uhh .. uhh ... it doesn't have the home button anymore". Right. Sounds like it's worth £700. :p

"And, uh, facial recognition so Apple will now have face, my finger print, my whereabouts, my browsing history and contact details for everyone I know. It's so cool, I can't wait for more targeted advertising!"

Face recognition is bad news for girls. They won't be able to unlock their phone without their make-up on.

Not a joke but the first time I saw the first wife without her makeup on I thought hang on who slept in the bathroom last night. Crazy how different they look without makeup.

Why do you always have to say nice things about dead people?

Now sure if you can not say anything nice then perhaps do not say anything at all.

But I was asked the other day about someone that me and the person knew, and I said I always thought they were a bit of a cnut, they truly were. My cousin was really offended that I called a dead person a cnut. But a cnut is a cnut whether they are dead or alive.

Back