• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Treatment Table

Andre Villas-Boas explains why he took Sandro off against Wigan

Tottenham head coach Andre Villas-Boas revealed that he took Sandro off as a precaution.

The Brazilian was replaced by Gylfi Sigurdsson midway through the first half against Wigan as Spurs went on to lose 1-0 to the Latics.

“He felt the muscle nearly rupture so he didn’t want to take any more risks,” Villas-Boas said. “It was a wise decision.

“If it had ruptured he would have been out for a month so I think he felt it getting tight and asked for the change and I think in the end.

“He had felt it before Southampton.”

Tottenham head coach Andre Villas-Boas revealed that he took Sandro off as a precaution.

The Brazilian was replaced by Gylfi Sigurdsson midway through the first half against Wigan as Spurs went on to lose 1-0 to the Latics.

“He felt the muscle nearly rupture so he didn’t want to take any more risks,” Villas-Boas said. “It was a wise decision.

“If it had ruptured he would have been out for a month so I think he felt it getting tight and asked for the change and I think in the end.

So possibly not out of the Arsenal game after all?

So possibly not out of the Arsenal game after all?

Lets hope not. I think the sub really unsettled the team today. Never had presence in the midfield after that. Hud played a few encouraging balls but our midfield was not good enough today.

Wasn't the injury situation supposed to improve once we moved into the new training ground? Or have we just been unlucky this season?

I thought Swansea were unlucky to lose and WHam got an easy draw yesterday. If Ade is back fit I can't see us losing either game.

yeah but Wigan got an easy win at WHL, even when Ade came on

sadly, we are in a run of poor form just as City are.....difference is no matter how crap they are playing, they still have Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko to nick a winner

If it had ruptured he would have been out for a month so I think he felt it getting tight and asked for the change and I think in the end.

'if'

fudge all the negativity now, soon we will one day field this side:
Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Ekotto
Sandro Parker
Lennon Dembele Bale
Ade

And we will beat Chelsea 6-0 in their own back yard
COYS

From yesterday:

Sandro Raniere @sandroraniere

Good Morning `twitter! On my way to physio, treatments going well. `thanks to everyone for all your support! #SandroSpurs

fudge all the negativity now, soon we will one day field this side:
Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Ekotto
Sandro Parker
Lennon Dembele Bale
Ade

And we will beat Chelsea 6-0 in their own back yard
COYS

This is very true. However it justifies all the "we're brick out of luck" negativity. We could field that team but instead we're stuck with Hudd and Carroll in CM... :( I don't think I've ever seen a team losing it's top 4 players in a position for a month (or more) each!

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏@AssouEkotto
And to reaply to every one ! No i dunno when im bk! But im on my way!!! All is cool for the moment! And i hope for long time again... Lol

Sandro Raniere ‏@sandroraniere
Hey guys, I'm watching the game from home tonight. Been having intensive treatment so I can be fit 4 Sunday! Best of luck to my team tonight

I know its goal.com, but thought it should still be mentioned :(

KABOUL HIT BY MAJOR INJURY SETBACK

Just when Tottenham thought they no longer had to worry about a central defender with perpetual knee trouble, Younes Kaboul is now making slow progress in his recovery from knee surgery.

The 26-year-old underwent surgery in August on a tendon injury that had been troubling him for several months and was initially expected to be out for four months.

There are now doubts, though, that he will recover in time to make a return before March, a huge blow to manager Andre Villas-Boas’ Champions League ambitions.

Spurs will be even more hopeful that Kaboul can make a full recovery in light of the knee injury that plagued the career of former captain Ledley King, who retired in the summer.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/11/24/3552076/-

Back