• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Treatment Table

the curse of my fantasy football team continues. I put in Dembele last weekend using up my only free transfer and what happens he gets injured. This is fcuked up if true, his position is pretty the much the one which we don't have adequate cover for. Hudd against Chelsea would be a disaster.

breaking news from another thread here: ESPN UK (@ESPNUK)
Belgium head coach Marc Wilmots reveals that #Spurs' Moussa Dembele was replaced at HT due to a hip injury. #THFC

Dembele was replaced by Hazard, so it could well have been just a substitution.

just take a paracetamol Moussa and get on with it

Tottenham's Scott Parker likely to be absent until Christmas

André Villas-Boas fears that Scott Parker could be out until Christmas as he suggested he would recall Brad Friedel at the expense of Hugo Lloris for the visit of Chelsea on Saturday lunchtime.

The game is of individual significance to Villas-Boas, the Tottenham manager, after he was sacked by Chelsea last March following only eight months in charge.

Villas-Boas has been keen to stress in public that he is not seeking revenge, that the derby's importance is based purely on what is at stake for each club, with the spice for Tottenham being related to a pair of results from the end of last season. Chelsea beat them 5-1 in the FA Cup semi-final and the west London club's Champions League triumph over Bayern Munich meant that Tottenham, who finished fourth in the Premier League, were demoted to the Europa League.

Villas-Boas, though, is focused on his team's preparations and he is vexed by a couple of selection decisions, particularly in goal, where the battle between Friedel and Lloris is fast becoming a sideshow. He had a grim update, however, on Parker, who was a talisman last season but has not played since his appearance for England in the Euro 2012 quarter-final defeat by Italy on 24 June.

The former Chelsea midfielder underwent surgery on a troublesome achilles on 8 August and it was originally hoped that he might return at the beginning of this month. But Villas-Boas said that Parker had encountered setbacks and was yet to return to training.

"It's difficult for him as he still feels pain and is still disturbed in his recovery," Villas-Boas said. "It prevents him from being on the pitch but he has been evolving inside, in the gym, with the medical department. We could be looking at Christmas, although hopefully less."

Villas-Boas, who added that the defender Benoît Assou-Ekotto "should return to training in 10 days" after knee trouble, dropped a heavy hint that Friedel would play against Chelsea, describing him as the club's No1 goalkeeper. He had started Lloris in the two matches before the international break, against Panathinaikos in the Europa League and, more significantly, against Aston Villa in the Premier League.

Lloris started for France in the friendly against Japan and the World Cup qualifier against Spain, in which he saved a penalty from Cesc Fábregas.

"We have made Brad the No1 for the beginning of the season and we still see Brad as No1, a player who has been tremendous in goal for us," Villas-Boas said. "Hugo has been tremendous for us in exactly the same manner. We spoke about the Villa team selection beforehand and it was difficult for Brad. It was not based on performance that we made the switch, that's for sure. Brad was looking good.

"We had the opportunity to give Hugo a consecutive run of four games, including the two internationals and that is what has happened. We are extremely happy about the fact we did. It gave him his first impact of Premier League football. But as a great professional, [you] have to move on from that."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/18/scott-parker-tottenham-brad-friedel

Interesting comment about Hugo there from AVB. Was he nodding his head towards the French criticism about Hugo's non-selection? I hope Hugo's selection for Villa was based foremost on Spurs' and not French self interest.
As for Parker being out..we don't seem to be missing him much and I was not convinced by how essential he was last term.

Parker would be third choice CM and we could do without running our current pairing into the ground with both league and cups.

i'd read that he was training and then it got worse. he can take his time now that livermore is fine. I wonder if he'll ever feature ahead of sandro/dembele, who are turning out just fine right now.

i'd read that he was training and then it got worse. he can take his time now that livermore is fine. I wonder if he'll ever feature ahead of sandro/dembele, who are turning out just fine right now.

If fit, I'd say Parker is still probably ahead of Livermore but behind Sandro. An injury to Dembele scares me, as I guess his replacement would be Hudd. Now I love Hudd but Demeble is turning into an amazing player.

André Villas-Boas fears that Scott Parker could be out until Christmas as he suggested he would recall Brad Friedel at the expense of Hugo Lloris for the visit of Chelsea on Saturday lunchtime.

The game is of individual significance to Villas-Boas, the Tottenham manager, after he was sacked by Chelsea last March following only eight months in charge.

Villas-Boas has been keen to stress in public that he is not seeking revenge, that the derby's importance is based purely on what is at stake for each club, with the spice for Tottenham being related to a pair of results from the end of last season. Chelsea beat them 5-1 in the FA Cup semi-final and the west London club's Champions League triumph over Bayern Munich meant that Tottenham, who finished fourth in the Premier League, were demoted to the Europa League.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/18/scott-parker-tottenham-brad-friedel?

Villas-Boas, though, is focused on his team's preparations and he is vexed by a couple of selection decisions, particularly in goal, where the battle between Friedel and Lloris is fast becoming a sideshow. He had a grim update, however, on Parker, who was a talisman last season but has not played since his appearance for England in the Euro 2012 quarter-final defeat by Italy on 24 June.

The former Chelsea midfielder underwent surgery on a troublesome achilles on 8 August and it was originally hoped that he might return at the beginning of this month. But Villas-Boas said that Parker had encountered setbacks and was yet to return to training.

"It's difficult for him as he still feels pain and is still disturbed in his recovery," Villas-Boas said. "It prevents him from being on the pitch but he has been evolving inside, in the gym, with the medical department. We could be looking at Christmas, although hopefully less

from that link also:

[h=1]Days lost to injuries last season[/h] Days lost Significant injuries

Manchester United 1681 39
Tottenham 1450 36
Arsenal 1343 28
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1258 27
Fulham 1245 33
QPR 1105 19

I bet Emirates Marketing Project are way down the bottom of that list. They never seem to get serious injuries.

If fit, I'd say Parker is still probably ahead of Livermore but behind Sandro. An injury to Dembele scares me, as I guess his replacement would be Hudd. Now I love Hudd but Demeble is turning into an amazing player.

I'd go along with this. I'd much rather have a fit Parker with his limitations than Livermore who I just don't rate highly. Without Dembele and Sandro our midfield has serious quality issues, long may they stay fit.

I don't get the dislike for Livermore. He is an England international but still learning his trade. He is making about the same or maybe even less mistakes that Sandro made in his first few games for us.
I have no worries about his ability as a squad player..perhaps he could be something more.

I bet Emirates Marketing Project are way down the bottom of that list. They never seem to get serious injuries.

correct - they are bottom of that table with 186 days lost (one-tenth of Man U!) with 7 significant injuries (one-sixth!)

rotation and no shortage of players per role helps for sure.

i get it that its too early to assess Dembele's injury, however BAE had a return date of "Oct 20" up to last week, so maybe they decided to go ahead with his injury after weeks of laying it off.

congrats to bale!

They just use standard periods out depending on the type of injury unless they have something official. In the cases of Parker, BAE and Dembele they don't have any specifics on the injuries and therefore set 'no return date'. You'll often see they just add another week if a player doesn't return at the expected date.

Back