• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

He will never make it as a left back IMO
It’s the same with wan Bissaka... he was a winger and they moved him back
Players develop differently and with wide players moving them around never hurts

As I said Bissaka may become great but for me so far he looks like Chimbinda rather than Walker

While i agree on Sessegnon - never a LB, possibly a wing back, but most certainly an attacking player - I disgaree on Wan Bissaka.

Early days of course, but he doesnt look like a winger playing defense to me, he looks like a good RB as he stands, with potential to be an excellent one.

While i agree on Sessegnon - never a LB, possibly a wing back, but most certainly an attacking player - I disgaree on Wan Bissaka.

Early days of course, but he doesnt look like a winger playing defense to me, he looks like a good RB as he stands, with potential to be an excellent one.

I’m not saying he is as winger. He was a winger and now has been moved to full back. Pretty much like we did with Danny rose

I’m not saying he is as winger. He was a winger and now has been moved to full back. Pretty much like we did with Danny rose

It was more the Chimbonda / Walker comparison I picked up on.

Forgetting that Walker at the same age was rubbish, I just dont think its a fair call. WB looks really good to me now. A little raw/inexperienced, but even so a good RB as it is today.

It was more the Chimbonda / Walker comparison I picked up on.

Forgetting that Walker at the same age was rubbish, I just dont think its a fair call. WB looks really good to me now. A little raw/inexperienced, but even so a good RB as it is today.

Walker as the same age won young player of the year didn’t he for the league

WB looks decent but IMO no more

He plays for a very defensive side and has done really well considering his lack of experience

He is a prospect but plays to me like a lad with no experience which is true

At 20 Walker wasnt half the player he is now (and IMHO, he is somewhat over rated now).

I think, and of course opinions and that, Bissaka now is better than Walker then.

Of course thats not to say he will continue to develop etc. I like him though, one Im trying to keep an eye out for.

At 20 Walker wasnt half the player he is now (and IMHO, he is somewhat over rated now).

I think, and of course opinions and that, Bissaka now is better than Walker then.

Of course thats not to say he will continue to develop etc. I like him though, one Im trying to keep an eye out for.

How much?
£35m seem to be the norm these days.
I like him big time

Walker at 20 was playing at Villa wasn’t he?
Won young player of the years and had played over 100 first team games or more and cost us £4m

This lad has played 20 odd and would cost 10 times as much

Can be argued that it’s a risk or a calculated gamble

He looks decent and looks like he has scope to get better too. And is English which is actually a bigger thing for us than most realise

How much?
£35m seem to be the norm these days.
I like him big time

No idea. Still raw, still with much to learn, but looks an exciting prospect to me.

Walker at 20 was playing at Villa wasn’t he?
Won young player of the years and had played over 100 first team games or more and cost us £4m

This lad has played 20 odd and would cost 10 times as much

Can be argued that it’s a risk or a calculated gamble

He looks decent and looks like he has scope to get better too. And is English which is actually a bigger thing for us than most realise
Cost is almost irrelevant at this point. What is £4m from 10 years ago adjusted for football inflation!? Who knows, but Ill guess its a hefty figure/

Right up until Poch got hold of him Walker was promising, but guaranteed a brainfart. Massively inconsistent.

No idea. Still raw, still with much to learn, but looks an exciting prospect to me.

Cost is almost irrelevant at this point. What is £4m from 10 years ago adjusted for football inflation!? Who knows, but Ill guess its a hefty figure/

Right up until Poch got hold of him Walker was promising, but guaranteed a brainfart. Massively inconsistent.

But still the best right back in the league

Sure he was voted that twice by his peers before Poch came

That can say as much about the dearth of quality in the league as anything else.

Not that Im looking to slam Walker, Im a fan, I just think he is really over rated. People hold him up as the gold standard of RBs and I simply dont think its true.

The left back at Brentford has always impressed me when I have seen him, Henry.

I'm a fan of him as well. We were pretty heavily linked with him before he joined Brentford, and I'd wonder if Poch will consider him as a more budget friendly option.

Still rate the possible LB prospects as
Sessegnon
Chilwell (he'd be a safer investment, but expensive)
Tierney
Henry

Certainly not trying to drag this out, but I happened across this tweet and it seemed appropriate to copy it over:

Aaron Wan-Bissaka's tackling in his last 10 league games:
5/5 vs. Southampton
5/5 vs. Huddersfield
5/5 vs. Saudi Sportswashing Machine
4/4 vs. Bournemouth
7/7 vs. Wolves
3/3 vs. Everton
6/6 vs. Arsenal
3/3 vs. Chelsea
1/2 vs. Spurs 4
/5 vs. Man Utd

Two 'tackle fouls' found, still impressive.

I cant find success rate for Trippier and Walker, but they average 2.4 and 1.4 tackles per game respectively this season.

AWB is a good shout. (I did say this last season:rolleyes:)
I doubt we are looking to strengthen there as a priority though?

After Saturday, Daniel would have put his chequebook back in the Parana infested swimming pool.

The stats certainly looks like he is being targeted by teams (except by us) but certainly looks up to the challenge based on those figures.

Of course doesn't show how many time he lost his man or successful dibbles went against him

Certainly not trying to drag this out, but I happened across this tweet and it seemed appropriate to copy it over:

Aaron Wan-Bissaka's tackling in his last 10 league games:
5/5 vs. Southampton
5/5 vs. Huddersfield
5/5 vs. Saudi Sportswashing Machine
4/4 vs. Bournemouth
7/7 vs. Wolves
3/3 vs. Everton
6/6 vs. Arsenal
3/3 vs. Chelsea
1/2 vs. Spurs 4
/5 vs. Man Utd

Two 'tackle fouls' found, still impressive.

I cant find success rate for Trippier and Walker, but they average 2.4 and 1.4 tackles per game respectively this season.
That’s very impressive

Back