• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

All spot on IMO although I think your full back choices back not be the best for us
What I saw with Barrios was the small fighter style that people seem to love at the moment. The style that Kante plays closing down space and chasing everything
Are there any fullbacks you would like to see play for us?

Are there any fullbacks you would like to see play for us?

Honestly.... their aren’t that many better

I’d like KWP to be given a chance and w got Danny rose too

I like Chillwell a lot and he will progress

I’d need to see a lot more of the palace right back as he has played what 15 games at right back maybe

Needs another season at least at this level

He wouldnt get games with us
Don’t think he will be getting another season at this level unless he leaves Fulham. If he left them and did well he’d become too expensive for us. Afeee offensively we are well stocked now but if his future is a left back I think he’d get a quite a few opportunities if Rose doesn’t regain fitness.

Honestly.... their aren’t that many better

I’d like KWP to be given a chance and w got Danny rose too

I like Chillwell a lot and he will progress

I’d need to see a lot more of the palace right back as he has played what 15 games at right back maybe
So i think when Rose was fit he was one of the best left backs in the league. That feels like a long time ago now.

KWP reminds me of Naughton. No obvious faults as such but no outstanding quality to break into the first team of a top four side. Wan Bissaka might have had less competition to get into his team but is already looking physically capable at this level and a threat on the ball. Tripper could finance the bid and wages and Kwp could go on loan there to either prove his worth to us or secure himself a prem career.

Don’t think he will be getting another season at this level unless he leaves Fulham. If he left them and did well he’d become too expensive for us. Afeee offensively we are well stocked now but if his future is a left back I think he’d get a quite a few opportunities if Rose doesn’t regain fitness.

He will never make it as a left back IMO
It’s the same with wan Bissaka... he was a winger and they moved him back
Players develop differently and with wide players moving them around never hurts

As I said Bissaka may become great but for me so far he looks like Chimbinda rather than Walker

So i think when Rose was fit he was one of the best left backs in the league. That feels like a long time ago now.

KWP reminds me of Naughton. No obvious faults as such but no outstanding quality to break into the first team of a top four side. Wan Bissaka might have had less competition to get into his team but is already looking physically capable at this level and a threat on the ball. Tripper could finance the bid and wages and Kwp could go on loan there to either prove his worth to us or secure himself a prem career.

Don’t forget KWP got MOTM in his two league starts

He will never make it as a left back IMO
It’s the same with wan Bissaka... he was a winger and they moved him back
Players develop differently and with wide players moving them around never hurts

As I said Bissaka may become great but for me so far he looks like Chimbinda rather than Walker

This. Sessegnon isn't a full-back, and I doubt he ever was one.

If we're interested in him, it's because he's a technically gifted winger with potential.

This. Sessegnon isn't a full-back, and I doubt he ever was one.

If we're interested in him, it's because he's a technically gifted winger with potential.
Agreed
Buy then it comes down to buying potential and giving them opportunities
I still look at Lookman at Everton and for me he is a singing I’d love but again he wouldn’t get star5s here which is what these players need to develop

Agreed
Buy then it comes down to buying potential and giving them opportunities
I still look at Lookman at Everton and for me he is a singing I’d love but again he wouldn’t get star5s here which is what these players need to develop

Fully agreed - although, with Lookman, he could be used as an inside forward, I think. Not sure if he'd get playing time there either, given our options in attacking midfield - but he'd have a better shot than if he were just the Kane backup.

More broadly, when we're trying to buy prospects, I think we're in a half-space where we need to look at the best ones in the Championship or League One (for example), where the jump to the Premier League and Spurs specifically would be tempting enough for them to overcome their doubts about getting playing time.

The problem with buying Premier League prospects is that they're already getting playing time in the Prem, and are likely already being paid PL-level wages. Not much sense in stalling your development at Spurs in that scenario. And likewise, a prospect in the top three or four in the Championship would probably feel that they can get to the Prem by going up with their club(s) - little sense in making the jump to Spurs, in that case. I think this applies to Sessegnon.

Additionally, any of the prospects we buy need to be versatile as well, in order to maximize the playing time we can offer them. So, someone like Ollie Watkins of Brentford (who can probably play as a left-sided inside forward) would win out as a potential target over, say, Neal Maupay, who probably can't adapt to a different position as easily. Hell, versatility ended up being key for Dele as well - we bought someone who'd excelled in central midfield for MK Dons, but right from the off, he made his name here as a CAM, and has largely stayed in that position save for occasional tactical shuffles. So, versatility is key, alongside the usual concerns about affordability and all the myriad concerns about playing time.

There's a lot of barriers to overcome in terms of buying youth prospects. It's easier buying established players in some ways, and I think we should look to do that now.

I know it is Scotland but I really like the look of Kieran Tierney at Celtic, he is young and he has potential which I think Poch would turn into real quality

He's decent. Would be happy if we got him. Shouldn't be ridiculously expensive either.

Back