• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Its soon to be that time again folks, only 4 weeks until the window opens, so - of course - the gossip will start ramping up from now:

Juventus and Inter Milan are being linked with Tottenham and Belgium midfielder Mousa Dembele, 31, whose contract will expire at the end of the season. (Calciomercato)

AJAX WANT £124M FOR DE LIGT, DE JONG

Ajax will demand £124m for in-demand pair Matthijs de Ligt and Frenkie de Jong, who have been strongly linked with Barcelona, reports Mundo Deportivo.

De Ligt, 19, has emerged as one of the finest young defenders in Europe while De Jong has been likened to Johan Cruyff.

Juventus and Emirates Marketing Project are also interested but Barcelona are believed to be the frontrunners.

Around £60m each, not unexpected is it?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine face Miguel Almiron transfer battle
Saudi Sportswashing Machine face a major fight to sign Miguel Almiron in the New Year, with a host of clubs keeping tabs on the Atlanta United star, writes Ian Murtagh.

Almiron, 24, has been earning rave reviews for his displays in MLS this term, attracting widespread interest.

The attacking midfielder has made clear recently that he is looking to leave America and test himself in Europe in 2019.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s Head of Recruitment Steve Nickson is flying out to the States in the coming days to discuss a deal for the Paraguay international.

But Atlanta, who will look to book an MLS Cup final spot on Thursday night, value Almiron at £25million.

That figure is £8million more than Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s record transfer for Michael Owen - signed before Mike Ashley’s arrival at the club.

Tottenham, Arsenal and West Ham, plus several La Liga and Serie A clubs, have been watching Almiron, meaning the Magpies face stiff competition.

£60m for De Ligt is a fair price. We could probably recoup £30-40m for Alder

Still think that De Jong will end up at City for a monster fee, while De Ligt seems like a pretty good longterm Pique replacement at Barca. I'd bet they both end up going for over 70 mil.

How if he is on a free this summer and an apparent 15m release clause

It's £25m release clause in summer 2019, or free in summer 2020

Look what happened to Sanchez at Arsenal when he had 6 months left on his contact - they got £35m.

I reckon we could easily get £30-40m for him in January

But it also frees up the wages and oversees squad place to bring in a successor.
He can only go in January if a replacement comes at the same time.

Otherwise he stays until summer. He's quality and can be relied on. He's on (60/65k) minimal wages for someone his level. I'd rather he stayed for the sake of £10m ....foyth and Sanchez are still learning remember.

Otherwise he stays until summer. He's quality and can be relied on. He's on (60/65k) minimal wages for someone his level. I'd rather he stayed for the sake of £10m ....foyth and Sanchez are still learning remember.

Sure. I'm more thinking if his leaving is the catalyst to De Ligt arriving immediately.

And that replacement being able to hit the ground running...

Im with you and @LemonadeMoney , even with DeLight coming in Id keep Alderweireld until the summer.

Back