• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

I will continue to speculate that the reason we signed an older player in Llorente is that Pochettino rates either Janssen or Sterling highly enough to not sign a young talented striker.

Our interest in Morata would seem to counter that point.

I think its probably simpler than that, I think he was basically all we could get. His price/age/experience etc fit very nicely for a second striker when we couldnt get anyone else in.

I know a few Wednesday fans and apparently his attitude is appalling. I've played with his dad before, so can see where he gets it from. Wednesday fans will be happy to see the back of him. I think he's currently on strike over pay - he's demanding to be one of their top earners, despite having only played one senior game.

Did not know that.

After reading soccernomics i am convinced we should sell rose and give the rest of the squad a pay rise.

I wasn't saying there were any. But I would have told Walker if he's leaving then it's only to a team abroad. If not then he stays and gets on with it.

Honestly I didnt care that he went to City, it didnt bother me at all - abroad/not - no matter.

And I cant say thats changed up to now either. I basically just forgot about him completely!

On the Barkley thing - I wonder whether the arrival of Big Sam and a few positive words in Ross's shell-like might make him want to stay come January.

I know many won't be saddened to hear that, but i think he could bring some much needed drive and determination to the midfield right now. Just hope the ship hasn't sailed now that Koeman has left.

Big Sam was saying what a great player he was on talk sport a couple of weeks ago, so that’s not unrealistic.

I agree - he’s a good player and I think we would have more points with him in the squad.

Big Sam was saying what a great player he was on talk sport a couple of weeks ago, so that’s not unrealistic.

I agree - he’s a good player and I think we would have more points with him in the squad.

He's very much a Big Sam type player. I could see him using him the same way Mourinho does Fellini.

If he was going to do that why not join Chelsea in the Summer or sign the huge deal Everton were offering him. He wants to move here - he will get a good signing on fee as he is free or as close to it but cant accuse him of chasing the £££ imho.

I meant the free transfer benefit he gets

I would have told Walker if he's leaving then it's only to a team abroad. If not then he stays and gets on with it.
Balague strongly implied it was Poch's choice to force him out of the squad (bad egg, dynamics) once Walks started acting up, so it was not a case of "stay and get on with it"

They're completely different style players. Think I'll have to disagree with you here!

Big physical #10s, an extra outlet for teams that play on the break.

I'm not saying he can't do other things, but Allardyce will like his size and physicality, in contrast to say a subtler diminutive #10

If he was going to do that why not join Chelsea in the Summer or sign the huge deal Everton were offering him. He wants to move here - he will get a good signing on fee as he is free or as close to it but cant accuse him of chasing the £££ imho.

Unless he signs for Chelsea on a free this window or next, and gets an even bigger salary than the one he was being offered in the summer, when there was still a moderate fee to pay.

Back