• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Normally I'd agree that we should be scouting the next one, but we need someone ready to hit the ground running and show a sign of intent to the rest of the squad. He is a quality player who can finish and has express pace. I'd play him and Kane together in a 352.

So who would your 3 in midfield be? (assuming wing backs make up the wide parts of the 5).

I'm not saying you're right or wrong but there would be a lot to squeeze in.

I'll probably get panned for this but I'd be looking at Origi as back up striker.

Fairly decent skill set. Always looks quite sharp. Naturally pacey so could play slightly differently if needed. Knows the Belgian boys. Seems happy with 2nd fiddle. Won't cost a fortune. Probably fit nicely in with Kane if we wanted to go 2 up top.

Ok....fire away.

I'll probably get panned for this but I'd be looking at Origi as back up striker.

Fairly decent skill set. Always looks quite sharp. Naturally pacey so could play slightly differently if needed. Knows the Belgian boys. Seems happy with 2nd fiddle. Won't cost a fortune. Probably fit nicely in with Kane if we wanted to go 2 up top.

Ok....fire away.

Actually not a bad idea. But I have no idea what he plays like, mind - or if he actually does want to play second fiddle to Kane his whole career.

So who would your 3 in midfield be? (assuming wing backs make up the wide parts of the 5).

I'm not saying you're right or wrong but there would be a lot to squeeze in.
I'd have a 3 of Wanyama or Dier with Eriksen and Dele. It would give us more options and the ability to play different systems without being overly reliant on Kane.
I know it's not a very Spurs signing but think it'd be perfect for us.

I'd have a 3 of Wanyama or Dier with Eriksen and Dele. It would give us more options and the ability to play different systems without being overly reliant on Kane.
I know it's not a very Spurs signing but think it'd be perfect for us.

Don't mind it at all. Hugely unlikely that we would go 352 with only one holder and 4 attacking players (You know how it is). However, as I've mentioned before Eriksen can play deeper.

Could always go 4231 4321 if we wanted the extra midfielder. Effectively PEA would be competing for Son's slot.

I do think the guy is class and probably what we need to push on again.

I dont think its that unlikely.

The holder drops back to effectively make a back 4. Or the wing backs drop and you have a back 5.

AND, lets be honest, even our attacking players cover a lot of ground doing defensive work.

I could easily see us playing it, and it working. Particularly against park the bus sides where we can expect to not be over whelmed defensively.

On the Barkley thing - I wonder whether the arrival of Big Sam and a few positive words in Ross's shell-like might make him want to stay come January.

I know many won't be saddened to hear that, but i think he could bring some much needed drive and determination to the midfield right now. Just hope the ship hasn't sailed now that Koeman has left.

Normally I'd agree that we should be scouting the next one, but we need someone ready to hit the ground running and show a sign of intent to the rest of the squad. He is a quality player who can finish and has express pace. I'd play him and Kane together in a 352.
I wouldn't mind signing a striker that could start in that system some of the time. Aubameyang is a pipe dream though. And most players that would be a marked short term improvement on Son in that system would be prohibitively expensive.

I will continue to speculate that the reason we signed an older player in Llorente is that Pochettino rates either Janssen or Sterling highly enough to not sign a young talented striker.

I will continue to speculate that the reason we signed an older player in Llorente is that Pochettino rates either Janssen or Sterling highly enough to not sign a young talented striker.

I'm pretty sure it's because Kane's such a #1, that it's impossible for anyone ambitious to deputise for him.

The same as we have an older GK deputising for Lloris.

I should add that we right to sell Walker in the summer as he was getting older and for the price we got for him he has 2 maybe 3 seasons left in him.
I would have sold both walker and rose in the summer and used Georiou and walker peters as their replacements, not the same quality but young and hungry to prove themselves and we could then have used the money from the sales to give the rest of the squad wage increases.

Feel that Poch has a new found reluctance in youth when a lot of his managerial career has been made on that, he needs to trust the young hungry guys who will run into a wall for you.

I should add that we right to sell Walker in the summer as he was getting older and for the price we got for him he has 2 maybe 3 seasons left in him.
I would have sold both walker and rose in the summer and used Georiou and walker peters as their replacements, not the same quality but young and hungry to prove themselves and we could then have used the money from the sales to give the rest of the squad wage increases.

Feel that Poch has a new found reluctance in youth when a lot of his managerial career has been made on that, he needs to trust the young hungry guys who will run into a wall for you.
I wasn't completely against selling Walker if he desperately wanted out, but it had to be abroad. We got weaker and strengthened a rival as a result. Ridiculous business in my opinion.

I wasn't completely against selling Walker if he desperately wanted out, but it had to be abroad. We got weaker and strengthened a rival as a result. Ridiculous business in my opinion.
To join the many other English players abroad

Hirst is the young striker we should be looking to sign, shows promise and a reasonable price.

I know a few Wednesday fans and apparently his attitude is appalling. I've played with his dad before, so can see where he gets it from. Wednesday fans will be happy to see the back of him. I think he's currently on strike over pay - he's demanding to be one of their top earners, despite having only played one senior game.

Remind me which were the teams from abroad in the bidding war with City?

Back