• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

But when we've already got 4 exceptional AMs in Alli, Son, Eriksen and Lamela, our bar is a bit higher, even for a 5th choice.
none are ball carrying though, we are missing this and with the links to Zaha (Sissoko?) as well I guess we want this. I get you don't like him but he is good at what he does and will be cheap.

none are ball carrying though, we are missing this and with the links to Zaha (Sissoko?) as well I guess we want this. I get you don't like him but he is good at what he does and will be cheap.

I agree we need a ball carrier. But for me neither Barkley and Zaha are intelligent enough to step up to our level. They are just more Sissokos in waiting.

We either need to pay out for a Sane/Bernardo Silva calibre player (possible, if we cash in on all of Sissoko, GKN and Janssen), or take a punt on someone with a much higher ceiling from the next generation - i.e. Sancho or Sessegnon

I agree we need a ball carrier. But for me neither Barkley and Zaha are intelligent enough to step up to our level. They are just more Sissokos in waiting.

We either need to pay out for a Sane/Bernardo Silva calibre player (possible, if we cash in on all of Sissoko, GKN and Janssen), or take a punt on someone with a much higher ceiling from the next generation - i.e. Sancho or Sessegnon
But....even if we could get the transfer fee for a Silva like player, where do the wages come from?

But....even if we could get the transfer fee for a Silva like player, where do the wages come from?

Silva coming from Monaco would have been on much cheaper wages than English premium + free agent premium Barkley

Apparently Silva was on £32k at Monaco. Barkley is on £40k already, and reportedly demanding £100k now.

Silva coming from Monaco would have been on much cheaper wages than English premium + free agent premium Barkley

Apparently Silva was on £32k at Monaco. Barkley is on £40k already, and reportedly demanding £100k now.
That is £32k a week after tax however.... So rather different from Barkley's pre tax £40k a week.

Before and after tax is pretty much the same in Monaco.
Yes..... but, alas, not in England.

Funnily enough the salaries of footballers in many countries outside of England are quoted post tax. Whereas in England they are always quoted pre-tax.

There is a story about when Arshavin went to Arsenal and after a couple of months he complained that he was only being paid half of what was agreed. Apparently he thought he was agreeing his salary after tax, not pre-tax.

Apparently Barkley has had a few set-backs from his recovery. It also seems from ITK that he is more determined than ever to leave Everton, but not fit enough fpr a January move.

So it seems if we are to get him, it'll be on a free in the summer..

Which is a shame as his skillset would have been useful as an additional option for Poch in the second half of the season imo

Apparently Barkley has had a few set-backs from his recovery. It also seems from ITK that he is more determined than ever to leave Everton, but not fit enough fpr a January move.

Which is a shame as his skillset would have been useful as an additional option for Poch in the second half of the season imo

That has cheered me up no end. The return of Lamela has boosted our AM numbers now too.

I'd still be keen for us to swap GKN with, hopefully Sancho, in January though

Given it will be a low fee I'd rather take him in January unless he physically won't be able to play any games this season, at least this way he can work/train with the squad and we'll be much better for it next season.

Poch definitely want's someone who can carry the ball and with pace as well, these are the quotes given by him just before we signed Sissoko.

We need a player who is more direct, more aggressive offensively,” Pochettino revealed. “Because we have players like Eriksen, [Heung-Min] Son or Lamela who like the ball played into their feet. So we need someone who has characteristics like we saw from Liverpool, like Sadio Mané, the type of player that can break the defensive line. I'm not talking about kicking or punching someone, only running and having the right mentality.

But MoPo... Sissoko is not like Mane. Mane is all about cunning runs, sneaking in behind, finishing... Sissoko is all about power, fighting for the ball and charging around a bit...

Back