• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

that battle appears to be lost - the way it was set up was brick anyway as it created a closed shop - but if anything the way its going seems to be loosening rather than tightening.

interesting to see how hard Milan get hit.

I know they were sold to the Chinese but that's about it. What gives?

Sessegnon will cost £40m IMO. £50m (i.e. all the Rose money) if we sell Rose at the same time.

Along with Sancho and Foden, he's the brightest prospect in British football at the moment. He's also on a long contract.

I think he's worth it though, and we could cash in on GKN and Janssen to raise some funds.

Sessegnon will cost £40m IMO. £50m (i.e. all the Rose money) if we sell Rose at the same time.

Along with Sancho and Foden, he's the brightest prospect in British football at the moment. He's also on a long contract.

I think he's worth it though, and we could cash in on GKN and Janssen to raise some funds.

I am still vaguely hopeful that Sancho was 'parked' in Germany...I say vaguely hopeful...but I agree, we need to get Sessegnon. The manager appears to want him, he fits our model plus this is the time to sell Rose (end of season at any rate)...

OK , that's fair enough if you think he is that good, you have to take chances sometimes..but he,s 20 mill approx.
How many even recognised players have we had to move on because they just are not cutting it for what we want?
Soldado,Chadli,Siggy come to mind without thinking too much. How many players make international games and not really become established quality. I could name loads if I had the time.
So we have to be carefull who we add to a quality squad that we hopefully are trying to hang onto.
We need the Best we can achieve.
We need a mixture of proven ability that fit - as you have shown, that's quite problematic.
And of young talent that can be coached. Youngsters that have cut their teeth already are ideal as they don't need to learn how to play in the first team, just develop their talent.
20m for a talented youngster with first team experience is market value these days.

I am still vaguely hopeful that Sancho was 'parked' in Germany...I say vaguely hopeful...but I agree, we need to get Sessegnon. The manager appears to want him, he fits our model plus this is the time to sell Rose (end of season at any rate)...

I've had that feeling about Sancho for a while. I think there will be a 'homesick' story and we'll pay Dortmund something like £15m for him. Basically they make £5m profit simply for letting him train with them for 6 months - a deal concocted between chairman who became cordial during in our 2016 fixtures against them. Who knows!

Sessegnon + Sancho would more than solve all our pace/penetration/dribbling problems

I've had that feeling about Sancho for a while. I think there will be a 'homesick' story and we'll pay Dortmund something like £15m for him. Basically they make £5m profit simply for letting him train with them for 6 months - a deal concocted between chairman who became cordial during in our 2016 fixtures against them. Who knows!

Sessegnon + Sancho would more than solve all our pace/penetration/dribbling problems

While it sounds fanciful we do have previous for this sort of thing.

The sticking point is whether or not a club like Dortmund would even bother getting invovled...

While it sounds fanciful we do have previous for this sort of thing.

The sticking point is whether or not a club like Dortmund would even bother getting invovled...

Yeah - the Zeki Fryers one wasn't even subtle.

Perhaps it's free money (£5m is still 2% of their turnover) + a reciprocation arrangement. We might say have a nearly-out-of-contract 18YO from Bayern's academy turn up for 6 months in the coming years etc.

I know they were sold to the Chinese but that's about it. What gives?
no money there - the fella borrowed it all with high fees. And now they have broke the FFP rules, smashed them and cant come up with "clever" ways around it ala city /PSG so they are due punishment via Ueffa.

They are in a world of trouble.

could he not have signed for us directly (no contract at City) and we pay the tribunal which would have been lower than the fee Dortmund paid- thats the way I remember it and this is why i dont think he is parked.

could he not have signed for us directly (no contract at City) and we pay the tribunal which would have been lower than the fee Dortmund paid- thats the way I remember it and this is why i dont think he is parked.

As I recall, while he could sign for us Emirates Marketing Project could also refuse to release him, and so it was complicated.

Effectively City blocked it, so he went where he could.

The way i read it he was interested in coming but Dortmund wanted him and offered him a quicker route the the first team and City would sell - so best of both worlds for the player, I would be surprised if it is a "deal".

An interesting about the Sessegnon one is that most of the Fulham fans claim that he's not even really a left back. They seem to really rate him as an attacking midfielder (a la Bale).

Obviously, Poch's opinion matters a hell of a lot more than some Fulham fans on Twitter, but I wonder if we could go for Shaw and Sessegnon with Shaw to replace Danny in January and RS to come in the summer as more of a wing-back/AM. HIs power and pace would be very welcome in our attacking band of 3.

An interesting about the Sessegnon one is that most of the Fulham fans claim that he's not even really a left back. They seem to really rate him as an attacking midfielder (a la Bale).

Obviously, Poch's opinion matters a hell of a lot more than some Fulham fans on Twitter, but I wonder if we could go for Shaw and Sessegnon with Shaw to replace Danny in January and RS to come in the summer as more of a wing-back/AM. HIs power and pace would be very welcome in our attacking band of 3.

The great thing about Sessegnon is that he could be useful immediate as an impact sub AM, and then grown into the LWB role over time. The 3-4-2-1 formation suits him perfectly. Remember Rose was also signed as a winger and Walker had just converted from a forward not long before we signed him.

There's no way I'd bother about Shaw as well though. Davies is much better than Shaw, and KWP can go a decent job on the left too. Shaw would just be a bed blocker.

I've never really seen him so if that's the case could he become our mane type player that poch has been looking for?

The great thing about Sessegnon is that he could be useful immediate as an impact sub AM, and then grown into the LWB role over time. The 3-4-2-1 formation suits him perfectly. Remember Rose was also signed as a winger and Walker had just converted from a forward not long before we signed him.

There's no way I'd bother about Shaw as well though. Davies is much better than Shaw, and KWP can go a decent job on the left too. Shaw would just be a bed blocker.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense re: Sessegnon being a better fit as a LWB at this point in his career, especially against the more defensive teams. Sancho would be amazing, as he has the potential to offer that explosive pace and dribbling that we really don't have much of in the side. Yes to both.

Back