• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Scored a lovely goal. I was surprised.

Don't think he is the sort of player that would fit into our technically great team.

I'd rather take a punt on demerai Gray. Think he has the finesse and potential to be a really good player under poch
You’d only be surprised if you haven’t seen him play before because he’s scored goals like that before. Technically great team, you talk like we are Barcelona! He isn’t any different to Son who everyone is loving, another dribbler who is pacy and gives defenders something different to think about. I agree Gray is a good alternative.....

You’d only be surprised if you haven’t seen him play before because he’s scored goals like that before. Technically great team, you talk like we are Barcelona! He isn’t any different to Son who everyone is loving, another dribbler who is pacy and gives defenders something different to think about. I agree Gray is a good alternative.....

It’s all about £££££

How much do you think these players would cost???

It’s all about £££££

How much do you think these players would cost???
Didn’t Zaha recently sign a new contract? If so would imagine too much for us now, although I didn’t think wed pay 30m for Sissoko at his age. Even Gray would be 30m plus I would have thought due to age and potential....

I'd love Zaha but I don't see Palace selling in January given their current state, I also don't think he'd leave them in a relegation battle either. In the summer it's definitely doable.

Didn’t Zaha recently sign a new contract? If so would imagine too much for us now, although I didn’t think wed pay 30m for Sissoko at his age. Even Gray would be 30m plus I would have thought due to age and potential....

I think that the issue is more likely to be the £110k a week that he's meant to be on at Palace. There is no way that we would pay him more than Kane.

We have the brains but the pace stretches the game and that helps the brains work easier

I can name quite a few attackers who are fast.......but they don't offer anything else. Is that what we need? If that's the case why did we sell Njie?

The scouts have to find us a Sane, a Salah, a Mane........fast attackers who offer much more than just raw speed

I can name quite a few attackers who are fast.......but they don't offer anything else. Is that what we need? If that's the case why did we sell Njie?

The scouts have to find us a Sane, a Salah, a Mane........fast attackers who offer much more than just raw speed

All 3 of those you quoted were £30m plus and would now cost double and then some

I agree we have to find those players though

And we need brains as well as pace but pace alone can hurt so much (look at Walker)

A little harsh on Winks who has shown he can be a very tidy player, but with Wanyama out and Dier moved into defense, is a quality CM a priority? Alternatively we could sign a CB so Dier can play in midfield. It' his best position isn't it?

Of course any exceptional talent that we might snag like Bale, or even Agero must be considered as they'll help take us on a level. Agero's clearly not that happy being behind Jesus at city, Argentine connection...and massive wages.

Last edited:
All 3 of those you quoted were £30m plus and would now cost double and then some

I agree we have to find those players though

And we need brains as well as pace but pace alone can hurt so much (look at Walker)

The club must be regretting splashing 30m on Sissoko. Its not the guys fault. I don't mind him as a squad player. When we're normally so astute, we paid double what we should have on that one.

A little harsh on Winks who has shown he can be a very tidy player, but with Wanyama out, Dier moved into defense is a quality CM a priority? Alternatively we could sign a CB so Dier can play in midfield. It' his best position isn't it?

Of course any exceptional talent that we might snag like Bale, or even Agero must be considered as they'll help take us on a level. Agero's clearly not that happy being behind Jesus at city, Argentine connection...and massive wages.

Winks is demebeles cover IMO
And Dier likewise for Wanyama

Having to take out both Dier and Wanyama leaves us exposed there against the better sides

We have the brains but the pace stretches the game and that helps the brains work easier
Poch was saying pace isn't his thing, directness is. IE GKN Vs Lamela in style.

So I think we'll look for someone that can beat a man in tight situations.
I suspect Poch was hoping Alli could do that this season and Edwards might have made himself a potential option - but neither has happened and that has been massively missing from our game.

Watching Dembele of late I think he is more Winks’ cover (as bad as Winks was yesterday)....
I think we know Dembeles injury makes him just a squad player now. Winks is a year away from being ready to start regularly and Wanyama, Toby and Sanchez not being available just weakens our central midfield options so much.

I think we'll prioritise an all-round CM in Jan/summer - like the two we tried to get late in August.

I think our CM is causing problems across the team - puts extra pressure on defence and doesn't transition the ball forward, so everyone else becomes less effective.
If Wanyama isn't back soon, I hope we prioritise this in Jan

I think we know Dembeles injury makes him just a squad player now. Winks is a year away from being ready to start regularly and Wanyama, Toby and Sanchez not being available just weakens our central midfield options so much.

I think we'll prioritise an all-round CM in Jan/summer - like the two we tried to get late in August.

I think our CM is causing problems across the team - puts extra pressure on defence and doesn't transition the ball forward, so everyone else becomes less effective.
If Wanyama isn't back soon, I hope we prioritise this in Jan

Who are the two you mean?

Back