• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

We shouldn’t have signed him.

I think that's a given. Its not the worst transfer ever - he has played consistently and bulks up the squad. And if he played regularly he'd probably contribute more, but just think if we had that 30m sitting in the bank with whatever else we have stashed away...

The guy from Barcelona on loan and I'm sure there was another one. From Sporting Lisbon? I might be misremembering that.

Andre Gomes from Barcelona? I don't recall any Sporting Lisbon player. Who was that? There was Barkley as well. A season or 2 back there was a player from PSG we were after (Adrien Rabiot) who also looks a good player and isn't first choice at PSG though does get gametime.

We definitely need more pace and players in central midfield who can move the ball quicker. We look a little pedestrian, it's all well and good saying how well we did last season but football moves on and teams adapt. If what we're doing isn't working then we either need to improve, tweak or do both.

Last night was the first time I've seen Dembele out fought and dare I say out muscled, he's been pretty poor last season. I hope his injuries aren't catching up with him but it is starting to look that way.

On the subject of transfers I read today that the united side that started s West Brom had 7 starters that Ferie signed. In that time they have spent over £400m and still havent signed anyone better than the had....

Says a lot IMO for how transfers can back fire and how hard it is to get right... plus of course how clubs like United can write off good money after bad

Dembele is becoming or has turned into a flat
On the subject of transfers I read today that the united side that started s West Brom had 7 starters that Ferie signed. In that time they have spent over £400m and still havent signed anyone better than the had....

Says a lot IMO for how transfers can back fire and how hard it is to get right... plus of course how clubs like United can write off good money after bad

I said this to my wife last night, it's not how many top players City can sign, it's how many they can right off without any detrimental effect on thier future financial status.

Dembele is becoming or has turned into a flat

I said this to my wife last night, it's not how many top players City can sign, it's how many they can right off without any detrimental effect on thier future financial status.

It gets seriously ignored

They can just dump playersbthag cost £35/£40m on a whim

And pay their salaries

He,s average...20million a lot for an average player.
Being young and quick and scoring goals from three feet out doesn't account for much.

He,s average...20million a lot for an average player.
Being young and quick and scoring goals from three feet out doesn't account for much.

It is the sort of goals he scores, skillful with both feet, well placed. He scored a volley earlier in the season where the ball bounced up quickly and he instinctively set himself over the ball to volley it downwards.

It is the sort of goals he scores, skillful with both feet, well placed. He scored a volley earlier in the season where the ball bounced up quickly and he instinctively set himself over the ball to volley it downwards.

He scored a variety in his hat trick the other week too

This lad has more potential than anyone of his age I’ve seen for some time and I’d love him with Poch in charge

Yep.

We are constantly juggling the finances.
It's why FFP is still very important and needs overhauling!
that battle appears to be lost - the way it was set up was brick anyway as it created a closed shop - but if anything the way its going seems to be loosening rather than tightening.

interesting to see how hard Milan get hit.

OK , that's fair enough if you think he is that good, you have to take chances sometimes..but he,s 20 mill approx.
How many even recognised players have we had to move on because they just are not cutting it for what we want?
Soldado,Chadli,Siggy come to mind without thinking too much. How many players make international games and not really become established quality. I could name loads if I had the time.
So we have to be carefull who we add to a quality squad that we hopefully are trying to hang onto.

OK , that's fair enough if you think he is that good, you have to take chances sometimes..but he,s 20 mill approx.
How many even recognised players have we had to move on because they just are not cutting it for what we want?
Soldado,Chadli,Siggy come to mind without thinking too much. How many players make international games and not really become established quality. I could name loads if I had the time.
So we have to be carefull who we add to a quality squad that we hopefully are trying to hang onto.
We need the Best we can achieve.

I’d rather spend the money in someone like him than Sissoko/Njie/Nkoudou who were never going to be good enough.

We need the Best we can achieve.

Back