• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

I'm happy to continue with the business model that has kept us steadily improving over the last ten years. I'd agree that Mahrez is currently the better player but he would be expensive and would not increase in value under us. I also have concerns about his work rate and whether his form would be affected by not being an automatic starter.
Steadily improving yes but the hardest hurdle is to win things and that is the next step. It is commonly accepted we still lack that player with ‘x’ factor that creates something out of nothing, that every other top team has. That is what we need. And we can’t keep thinking about this resale value argument or we won’t ever get the top players. Was we thinking about resale value when we signed Llorente or Sissoko?

Would rather take a chance on finding the next Bale (Sessignon), than the old - 50% off - Levy special price, Bale.

Edited ^

We have lots of players on the up. 21 to 25 who are still developing. Bale on the other hand is the finished product. Whether you think that means finished off, never to be at his best again, is another matter! But like he was with us, he was injured for a year or so before he hit the big time. At 28 he can return from injury and be one of best in the world for another 5 years at least. We'd even get sell on value imo.

But point it, he wouldn't have to develop his finishing, positional awareness etc, and we give him a couple of years to develop like most of our signing, he is a ready made top player.

Last edited:
In a heart beat, but Mane as good as???????????

Almost as good was what I wrote I think, and yes, he's the mutts nuts and only 25. Would certainly cost more than Bale to buy. Bale's wages will mean United is the more likely destination. How much has the new TV money leveled things?

Will anyone take Sissoko? Maybe he'll have a blinding run the WC and PSG will take him.

Almost as good was what I wrote I think, and yes, he's the mutts nuts and only 25. Would certainly cost more than Bale to buy. Bale's wages will mean United is the more likely destination. How much has the new TV money leveled things?

Will anyone take Sissoko? Maybe he'll have a blinding run the WC and PSG will take him.

I don't believe he'll every be as good as Bale, Liverpool would never sell to us anyway and we wouldn't pay Bales wages. I think Mane is like Vardy, very quick, likes a dive and a bit of afters (look at his discipline record), Sessegnon at Fulham looks more doable.

I don't believe he'll every be as good as Bale, Liverpool would never sell to us anyway and we wouldn't pay Bales wages. I think Mane is like Vardy, very quick, likes a dive and a bit of afters (look at his discipline record), Sessegnon at Fulham looks more doable.

Point is there are players out there that are 80% as good as Bale was, and with his age and injuries, they are maybe better options. But when everyone is looking the other way, calling Bale crocked, that's the time to buy imo. He was out for a long time when a teenager with us, and he came back stronger. Lamela is also hopefully coming back a more mature player now, looks that way.

If United really want Bale, we won't be in the picture. But if Bale fancies working with Poch and returning to the new stadium to work in a more 'honest' team, then Levy should be able to make it work. The commercial aspect is there too. The exposure and advertising as we move back into WHL can't be underestimated...

Point is there are players out there that are 80% as good as Bale was, and with his age and injuries, they are maybe better options. But when everyone is looking the other way, calling Bale crocked, that's the time to buy imo. He was out for a long time when a teenager with us, and he came back stronger. Lamela is also hopefully coming back a more mature player now, looks that way.

If United really want Bale, we won't be in the picture. But if Bale fancies working with Poch and returning to the new stadium to work in a more 'honest' team, then Levy should be able to make it work. The commercial aspect is there too. The exposure and advertising as we move back into WHL can't be underestimated...

Maybe, should never say never!

He turns 29 in July - even before you get on to wages and whether he's the right signing, we're highly unlikely to pay a big fee for a 29 year old so unless Real are making him aavailable for a cut price fee, or we had some clause in the deal which took him to Real, I dont see this as worth even thinking about

He’s more likely the market we’d shop in, but not the better player. We need to stop worrying about who’s the younger player with ‘potential’ and purchase a ready made top quality player once in a while....

I think we have a good balance in the market in terms of targeting ready made quality players tbh

I think we have a good balance in the market in terms of targeting ready made quality players tbh
There’s a difference between quality players ie Wanyama,Son and players that have the ability to create something out of nothing that elevate you to the next level. Eriksen could be that player, but just when you think he could be getting there he flatters to deceive. I don’t recall us ever recruiting anyone under this regime or previous ones of the Hazard,De Bryne,Sanchez quality. Maybe ones the level under who we hope can develop to that level but none have as of yet....

There’s a difference between quality players ie Wanyama,Son and players that have the ability to create something out of nothing that elevate you to the next level. Eriksen could be that player, but just when you think he could be getting there he flatters to deceive. I don’t recall us ever recruiting anyone under this regime or previous ones of the Hazard,De Bryne,Sanchez quality. Maybe ones the level under who we hope can develop to that level but none have as of yet....

Well yes but thats different to your first statement tbf and kind of ignoring the fact we can't finacially compete consistently for that type of player, ones which are coveted by the very best sides

I suspect that we would find Mahrez just as inconsistent if we were watching him week in week out.

To be fair though there’s no way we’d be able to afford those players and even if we could do the transfer fee the wages would be crazy and the competition from the other big clubs would be crazy. Our only hope unless we go down the Russian/Arab/Chinese owner route (please GHod no!!) is to look for the eriksen’s, Son’s, Dele’s, bale’s and hope they develop with us.

Well yes but thats different to your first statement tbf and kind of ignoring the fact we can't finacially compete consistently for that type of player, ones which are coveted by the very best sides
Ready made top quality is the type of player I’m talking about. I know we can’t financially compete for those which is why Mahrez makes sense. He has shown he can achieve that level for a whole season and I’d back Poch to get that consistency back. That being said I think we’ve missed the boat with him....

Back