• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

To be fair though there’s no way we’d be able to afford those players and even if we could do the transfer fee the wages would be crazy and the competition from the other big clubs would be crazy. Our only hope unless we go down the Russian/Arab/Chinese owner route (please GHod no!!) is to look for the eriksen’s, Son’s, Dele’s, bale’s and hope they develop with us.
Agree, but like I said in post above that’s why I wanted Mahrez. I do fear in this day and age and the amount of money that’s around we will always be a nearly club until we acquire a player or two of this ilk though....

There’s a difference between quality players ie Wanyama,Son and players that have the ability to create something out of nothing that elevate you to the next level. Eriksen could be that player, but just when you think he could be getting there he flatters to deceive. I don’t recall us ever recruiting anyone under this regime or previous ones of the Hazard,De Bryne,Sanchez quality. Maybe ones the level under who we hope can develop to that level but none have as of yet....

Modric?

Agree, but like I said in post above that’s why I wanted Mahrez. I do fear in this day and age and the amount of money that’s around we will always be a nearly club until we acquire a player or two of this ilk though....

Could you see him being a starter for City?

Ready made top quality is the type of player I’m talking about. I know we can’t financially compete for those which is why Mahrez makes sense. He has shown he can achieve that level for a whole season and I’d back Poch to get that consistency back. That being said I think we’ve missed the boat with him....

I think Mahrez would fall in to our current approach to transfers - a player that isnt as much of a sure thing to attract the top clubs but one we could potentially attract/afford

I think Mahrez would fall in to our current approach to transfers - a player that isnt as much of a sure thing to attract the top clubs but one we could potentially attract/afford
Maybe but I'd suggest a couple of the big six would take him at the right price - Arsenal was certainly a good shout by Bedfordspurs.....

I could see him featuring at every top side except them. Let's be honest City are just a different ball game right now..,,,

I think that he'd be a decent squad player or fill a gap for them. I don't think that he is a player to take any of them (or us) up a level.

I would prefer a Zaha or Richarlison to Mahrez. More upside for me.

Add Barkley and Sessegnon and we are set.

I would prefer a Zaha or Richarlison to Mahrez. More upside for me.

Add Barkley and Sessegnon and we are set.
Yeah I’ve wanted Zaha for a while. Not that next level player I was talking about but would definitely give us a different dimension....

Do you think that we'll do that much business in January?

These are our urgent areas to address imo.Cover for Eriksen with ball playing creativity.Replacement for Rose. Upgrade on GKN and Sissoko.

I loved him, but he wasn't anywhere near that level when we first recruited him. By the time we sold him to Real Madrid he was immense, but think he only became truly top class once at Real Madrid....

Not sure the others were as good when they signed for their current clubs either
They have got better as they have got older

These are our urgent areas to address imo.Cover for Eriksen with ball playing creativity.Replacement for Rose. Upgrade on GKN and Sissoko.

I'd be surprised if we got more than one for now and one for the future.

I'd be surprised if we got more than one for now and one for the future.

Who is your one for now and one for the future?

Poch has said he wants all our transfer business to be done by the start of the World Cup. Seems to me it is never too early to bring in our targets.

Who is your one for now and one for the future?

Poch has said he wants all our transfer business to be done by the start of the World Cup. Seems to me it is never too early to bring in our targets.

I don't know but the links to Barkley seemed to have legs in the summer.

It is rare for good players to move in January, especially in a World Cup year. I cannot see much happening then. I have no views on the summer window at the moment.

There’s a difference between quality players ie Wanyama,Son and players that have the ability to create something out of nothing that elevate you to the next level. Eriksen could be that player, but just when you think he could be getting there he flatters to deceive. I don’t recall us ever recruiting anyone under this regime or previous ones of the Hazard,De Bryne,Sanchez quality. Maybe ones the level under who we hope can develop to that level but none have as of yet....
So despite the fact that Eriksen has outperformed all those, in pretty much every stat, ever since he joined us, still makes him a level below them? Great logic!

https://www.diariogol.com/real-madr...-en-una-negociacion-relampago_524825_102.html

Yes Bale wouldn't fit into the team ethic, would be paid silly money, but its so hard to find players that will take Spurs to the next level, the club have to at least keep the option open. If we can sign him, it would be a statement and would take us up a level. Having Bale, Son, Eriksen, Lamela and Kane we could win the PL. Rather than buy a few medium good players, I'd prefer we get one of the best players in the world in, if its possible. A no brainier. He'd come back to the new stadium and a Spurs team, with a professional manager that will win things.

But there are other players out there. Mane for example, is younger and almost as good as Bale.

Mane almost as good as Bale....your having a giraffe..

Mane almost as good as Bale....your having a giraffe..

So you just watched MOTD and saw him fluff an easy chance and pass for a goal? All things considered, injuries, match changing ability, and age, yes Mane is almost as good as Bale. Probably more valuable. Mane didn't score that chance today, and he should have passed, but he has the ability to create out of nothing. Not quite on Bale's level, but he's the sort of player that would enhance us, and Poch is on recording specifically saying he wanted a player like Mane.

Last edited:
Back