• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

With the way we invest in talent, we look to (and are on the way to doing it pretty well) coach very good technical and talented players into top class players. Therefore, what actually are the 'missing pieces' considering we have suitable profile players in practically every position? We might sign the right type of established star but that would be more of a one off situation, I cant really think of what we need myself - that is of course based on the assumption that our players continue to develop (which I guess is a big ask for the whole group to do so)....

You don't expect us to sign anyone in the summer then?

Assuming we sign MD this window

I think we'll sign some players to fill gaps in the academy, but nothing for the first team.

In fact the only business I expect is selling Yedlin, possibly Carroll, and the academy players who have become over 21 and aren't close to the first team (Ball and Ward).

The only thing this squad needs is time to mature together.

I don't think that any of the players that we are being linked with will complete us and that Poch is unlikely to sign a ready made player anyway. Is a back up striker ever likely to be the missing piece in the jigsaw anyway?

What would be the next priorities after Dembele for people then?

- Upgrading on Vorm?

- Upgrading on Eriksen (but haven't Alli and Son done this anyway)?

IMO Dembele would give us a 'perfect 22' (or 25 with Onomah, Pritchard and Carroll around too). Two very strong players in each position. A great blend of youth, experience, technique, physicality, intelligence and versatility.

I'd like us to sell Fazio and bring in a 'young Toby.' Fairly happy with the rest of the squad, though maybe in the summer we could bring in Berahino and maybe ship out N'Jie, depending on how Poch feels about those two players.

Other than Fazio, there's nobody I'd really want us to sell. Even Fazio can say 'til the summer, so we aren't short of numbers.

- Upgrading on Vorm?

IMO Dembele would give us a 'perfect 22' (or 25 with Onomah, Pritchard and Carroll around too). Two very strong players in each position. A great blend of youth, experience, technique, physicality, intelligence and versatility.

I think a lot depends on how well someone can fill Dier's midfield boots if he has to move back. If Bentaleb can show discipline and awareness consistently then it would negate the need to buy another defensive midfielder.

As much as Vorm is often a worry it'd be hard to upgrade on him.

I'd like us to sell Fazio and bring in a 'young Toby.' Fairly happy with the rest of the squad, though maybe in the summer we could bring in Berahino and maybe ship out N'Jie, depending on how Poch feels about those two players.

Other than Fazio, there's nobody I'd really want us to sell. Even Fazio can say 'til the summer, so we aren't short of numbers.

Eh? Why would you think Poch would do that, especially when we were on the verge of buying both in he summer?

Eh? Why would you think Poch would do that, especially when we were on the verge of buying both in he summer?

Because we signed Son and I don't think we have room for N'Jie and Berahino. Poch has showed he'll get rid of a signing quickly if he feels we can do better (Stambouli) and N'Jie wasn't a big money signing for the first team.

I have no idea what Poch thinks of N'Jie, I'm just speculating that if we signed Berahino, N'Jie would be the player to make way for him imo.

I think Njie will have a bigger future in the game than Berahino. Njie looks raw, whereas I can't see Berahino having as high a ceiling.

If we do go for Berahino in a year or two, I'd imagine he'd replace Chadli as Son's deputy.

Because we signed Son and I don't think we have room for N'Jie and Berahino. Poch has showed he'll get rid of a signing quickly if he feels we can do better (Stambouli) and N'Jie wasn't a big money signing for the first team.

I have no idea what Poch thinks of N'Jie, I'm just speculating that if we signed Berahino, N'Jie would be the player to make way for him imo.

Erm, we signed Son and N'Jie before we then went to try and buy Berahino, have you forgotten?
I imagine it might even be one of those already with us who could go (like Townsend, who knows maybe Chadli if he doesn't continue to up his game..)

Erm, we signed Son and N'Jie before we then went to try and buy Berahino, have you forgotten?
I imagine it might even be one of those already with us who could go (like Townsend, who knows maybe Chadli if he doesn't continue to up his game..)

Lamela looked to be heading out when we were looking at all 3. Thankfully things worked out very much for the best with the plug being pulled on Berahino and Lamela.

We already have 3 young potential centre backs in Wimmer, Dier and CCV at various stages of development. I know Dier may stay at DM, but he may also become a CB. If he doesn't that still leaves us Wimmer and CCV to develop at centre back. With Alderweireld and Vertonghen rightly getting most of the games I don't see how we can expect to develop another young centre back.

I think a lot depends on how well someone can fill Dier's midfield boots if he has to move back. If Bentaleb can show discipline and awareness consistently then it would negate the need to buy another defensive midfielder.

As much as Vorm is often a worry it'd be hard to upgrade on him.

Bentaleb should be given the time to develop that discipline and awareness. To the extent that he's still missing it.

Buying another DM for me seems very strange.

Our attacking midfield looked a lot less proven this summer. Son and Clinton were both young and coming in from abroad. Alli was completely unproven at this level and Dembele was on unsure ground. Lamela hadn't stepped it up yet... Remember last season when we had Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela starting and looked to the bench and the rather dreaded sight of the only option for those roles even with everyone fit was Townsend...

Not surprised we went a bit gung ho this summer with attacking midfield signings. Not entirely sure our interest in Berahino has remained strong past the improvement and impact we've seen from some of those signings + Lamela.

I think Njie will have a bigger future in the game than Berahino. Njie looks raw, whereas I can't see Berahino having as high a ceiling.

If we do go for Berahino in a year or two, I'd imagine he'd replace Chadli as Son's deputy.
What are you basing that statement on? njie has played next to no games in the prem whilst Berahino has, this season aside, consistently done well for WBA. As for sons deputy don't be ridiculous.

- Upgrading on Vorm?

Wide/pacey player ... the impact of Chadli in the last game shows the value of having one our midfield players who is willing to/naturally will stay out wide. Pace never goes wrong.

Dembele (assuming you might the striker kid) still doesn't solve our Kane backup issue, still think we need a striker that could cover for Kane for 3 months if required.

Don't see Alli & Son as an Eriksen upgrade (very different), and don't think we can afford an Eriksen upgrade player (we can argue all day about Eriksen's consistency, but quality wise he's about as high is likely to come to us/we can afford).

WHAT are you basing that statement on? njie has played next to no games in the prem whilst Berahino has, this season aside, consistently done well for WBA. As for sons deputy don't be ridiculous.

That one dribble and through ball for Lamela, I suspect. Either way, I agree: N'Jie and Berahino's are different players, with different ceilings.

I guess I have forgotten that. In any case, it's my opinion that we won't keep all of our wide forwards IF we sign Berahino and the most obvious one to go (again, my opinion) would be N'Jie. The fact that he's a recent signing is irrelevant, because Poch has shown he doesn't care about that if he thinks we're better off binning the player (Stambouli binned ahead of players here before him, Fazio likely to go the same way).

I guess I have forgotten that. In any case, it's my opinion that we won't keep all of our wide forwards IF we sign Berahino and the most obvious one to go (again, my opinion) would be N'Jie. The fact that he's a recent signing is irrelevant, because Poch has shown he doesn't care about that if he thinks we're better off binning the player (Stambouli binned ahead of players here before him, Fazio likely to go the same way).

Hmm, fair enough...

Back