• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Whatever it is we much surely be paying less now.
One would assume so....

It's probably also safe to assume that whatever it was he was earning before (rumours are it was £100k a week) Adebayor is likely to have made sure he was even better off financially now having signed for Palace.

I would think it more likely that we still have to top his wages up to £100k per week or whatever, regardless of what Palace are paying him.

I read we were still paying him £25k a week, which is a an improvement on £100k!

I would think it more likely that we still have to top his wages up to £100k per week or whatever, regardless of what Palace are paying him.
My thoughts are that if he was earning a total of £100k before for doing nothing then he would've been wanting an increase on that to do something.... wouldn't surprise me if Palace and us are splitting wages of £120k a week down the middle.

my thoughts are : we continued to pay weekly rather than a lump su in order to stop him taking the cash and signing with someone else. Think we could veto a move unless the other party pays a fair chunk of his wages.

I thought it was confirmed that we paid him a £2.5m lump sum severance for his wages from September to 1 February.
I don't think it was ever really reported how we paid him off. I think the newspapers included a headline amount, but it would've made no sense for us to have paid this as a lump sum. In fact very rarely do football clubs pay anything as a lump sum (even signing on fees are typically paid quarterly spread over the length of a player's contract)

Apparently Pardew understands Adebayor... the striker's contract only runs until the end of this season. So his form between now and May will influence the kind of contract he gets next season. And we all know what a great player he can be in those circumstances.

We don't play Palace again this season; unless we get them in the FA Cup (not impossible) - so I'm hoping he scores plenty of goals for them, especially when they play Arsenal, Man Utd, Leicester and Liverpool in the league.

Apparently Pardew understands Adebayor... the striker's contract only runs until the end of this season. So his form between now and May will influence the kind of contract he gets next season. And we all know what a great player he can be in those circumstances.

We don't play Palace again this season; unless we get them in the FA Cup (not impossible) - so I'm hoping he scores plenty of goals for them, especially when they play Arsenal, Man Utd, Leicester and Liverpool in the league.

Yep, Ade playing for contract = greatest striker in PL for 4 months ...

Pardew smarter than we give him credit for ...

That would be my guess too. That was pretty much the situation when he left City for us from what I can remember.

Will he go for the trifecta and a year down the line Palace will be topping up his wages and he moves on to another club? Would be an impressive streak to put together ;)

Not a rumour : but Where and How will you spend Monday evening, ie last day of the window?

Ignore it and play monopoly
Hit refresh on the laptop / phone /tablet
Watch those clowns on Sky?
Watch or listen to another channel
Go to the pub?

I'm doing dry January so will probably go to the pub and watch those clowns on Sky!

Not a rumour : but Where and How will you spend Monday evening, ie last day of the window?

Go to the pub?

I'm doing dry January so will probably go to the pub and watch those clowns on Sky!

Deadline day has been a damp squid for years now.

IMO we'll tie up Dembele this week, and all we'll do on deadline day is sell Fazio and loan out Oduwa and Winks (unless they've already gone to Fulham beforehand)

Go to the pub?

What time does the window shut? We used to go to the pub and keep tabs on our phones but the last few windows have been brick for us so i just get on with what ever i am doing and have SSN in the background and of course, looking on here.

What time does the window shut? We used to go to the pub and keep tabs on our phones but the last few windows have been brick for us so i just get on with what ever i am doing and have SSN in the background and of course, looking on here.
SSN script writers work office hours now.
Lazy fudgers

The transfer window closes at 11pm in England on Monday, February 1, 2016.

Any deals between Premier League clubs and players in Spain will have to be wrapped up 24 hours before the window closes in England - the deadline in Spain is 11pm (GMT) on January 31. The windows in France and Italy close on the same day as in England, with the German transfer window shutting at 5pm on February 2.

A slight aside: 'fudgeers' is one of my favourite words thanks to GG (not that I ever get to use it).

But would you pronounce it like rhyming with "jeers" or "gears" or "jers" (as in jersey)?

If jers, why does it have two ees?

Back