• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Rodriguez and Bony, eh? :-k

Bony is off to Africa and Rodriguez hit a setback with his injury. I'm fine with Kane and Soldado until the summer.

My only wish, as always, is Memphis Depay out left. Eriksen in the middle and Lamela out right. 13 goals in 17 games already this season, playing on the wing. We need to get him now whilst we can!

I fear we may have missed our window of opportunity for Depay. Think we could have got him after

Any new player would look at our bloated squad and think twice about joining us for fear of a lack of playing time. I think that this time we really need to sell before we buy.

Midfielder Frank Lampard, 36, is set to give Emirates Marketing Project a New Year boost by extending his loan spell at the club and delay his arrival at Major League Soccer side New York until at least mid-February. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is keen to sign Celtic's 6ft 4in Dutch centre-half Virgil van Dijk, 23 but the Scottish club are believed to want more than £10m for the Gunners to secure his services. (The Sun - subscription required)

Liverpool face competition from Arsenal in their bid to sign Emirates Marketing Project midfielder James Milner, 28, on a free transfer in the summer, though the Blues are confident the England international will remain with them. (Daily Express)

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert insists England midfielder Fabian Delph, 25, Dutch World Cup star Ron Vlaar, 29, and £20m-rated striker Christian Benteke, 24, are going nowhere in the January transfer window. (Daily Star)

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says Sam Allardyce should be named Manager of the Year if West Ham finish in the top four. (The Sun - subscription required)
Friday's Daily Star back page

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman believes stopping Crystal Palace wide-man Yannick Bolasie is key to his side maintaining their impressive record on Boxing Day. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli, 24, has been warned by manager Brendan Rodgers that he needs to get used to life on the bench and change his style of play. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 21, says the club's new generation of players would welcome Thierry Henry back at the club in a coaching capacity. (Daily Telegraph)

Alan Pardew says his Saudi Sportswashing Machine players must resurrect their season with victory at Old Trafford on Friday, despite only winning once there in the past 42 years. (Independent)

West Brom are confident defender Joleon Lescott, 32, can withstand the busy Christmas period after it was revealed he has a personally tailored training regime. (The Times - subscription required)

Liverpool will dig up the Anfield pitch next summer at the request of manager Brendan Rodgers because he believes it undermines his team's passing game. (Daily Telegraph)

Liverpool will dig up the Anfield pitch next summer at the request of manager Brendan Rodgers because he believes it undermines his team's passing game. (Daily Telegraph)

Tbh I think playing on soil will probably slow the ball down even more...:lol:

Tbh I think playing on soil will probably slow the ball down even more...:lol:

I thought the Anfield roar sucked the ball into the net anyhow so why should the pitch matter

Paris St-Germain are the latest club to show an interest in taking winger Adnan Januzaj, 19, on loan from Manchester United. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal are closing in on the signing of 27-year-old striker Edinson Cavani from Paris St-Germain, with the French club ready to accept a bid. (Metro)

Liverpool hope to sign James Milner on a free next summer if the midfielder fails to agree a new contract with Emirates Marketing Project but Arsenal are also keen on the 28-year-old. (Daily Express)

Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria has told manager Louis van Gaal to sign Argentine midfielder Nicolas Gaitan, 26, from Benfica. (Daily Star)

Chelsea are set to pay £24m for Juventus utility man Kwadwo Asamoah, 26, in January. (Metro)

Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski, 29, appears to be on the verge of a January move to Italian side Inter Milan. (Daily Express)

Real Madrid are planning to sign attacking midfielder Marco Reus, 25, from Borussia Dortmund as a replacement for Gareth Bale, who could be on his way to Manchester United for £120m. (Daily Star)

West Brom could join Leicester, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and German club Wolfsburg in the race to sign 22-year-old Burnley striker Danny Ings, who is out of contract next summer. (Sun - subscription required)

QPR manager Harry Redknapp is eyeing a January move for Emirates Marketing Project winger Scott Sinclair, 25. (Daily Mirror)

Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock has increased his bid to £3.8m to sign Lille left-back Pape Souare, 24. (Sun - subscription required)

Bristol City boss Steve Cotterill hopes that Chelsea will allow midfielder Todd Kane, 21, to extend his loan spell at the League One leaders beyond the middle of January. (Times - subscription required)

Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock, 66, faces a fight to avoid becoming the first Premier League managerial casualty of the season. (Guardian)

Chelsea right-back Branislav Ivanovic is the latest player from the Blues to be accused of diving, with West Ham boss Sam Allardyce believing the 30-year-old was guilty of simulation in trying to win a penalty against his side. (Times - subscription required)

Manchester United legend Paul Scholes, 40, says he "wouldn't be surprised" if Manchester United put pressure on Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project at the top of the Premier League by winning their next two matches. (Daily Star)

Winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 21, says former Gunners striker Thierry Henry gave him "endless amounts of advice" that helped him kick-start his Arsenal career. (Daily Mirror)

I'm surprised that Rogers doesn't think that the pitch is 'magnificent'

"It's a young pitch, still has a wee bit to learn but it's been outstanding for us recently. It's an honest pitch, and a real part of the special group we have here and I can see it being a world class pitch in the seasons to come."

Anyone else think we might be seeing some clues to January outgoings in recent selections?

Vlad keeps getting games ahead of both Naughton and Kaboul (has also played right back before). I think Naughton might already have his head half way through the exit door and so Chiriches is preferred despite Naughton doing alright earlier in the season. Perhaps Vlad is closer to being kept around than Naughton and Kaboul? Perhaps something similar with Lennon who has been reported as fit, but not involved.

Ade and Capoue obviously.

Paulinho and Dembele both getting some, but limited game time. Seems that we might be open to offers for both as has been speculated.

Anyone else think we might be seeing some clues to January outgoings in recent selections?

Vlad keeps getting games ahead of both Naughton and Kaboul (has also played right back before). I think Naughton might already have his head half way through the exit door and so Chiriches is preferred despite Naughton doing alright earlier in the season. Perhaps Vlad is closer to being kept around than Naughton and Kaboul? Perhaps something similar with Lennon who has been reported as fit, but not involved.

Ade and Capoue obviously.

Paulinho and Dembele both getting some, but limited game time. Seems that we might be open to offers for both as has been speculated.
Absolutely, although the Italian press seem convinced that Vlad is joining Roma. Paulinho, Capoue, Ade, Kaboul and Naughton all seem very much surplus to requirements.

Absolutely, although the Italian press seem convinced that Vlad is joining Roma. Paulinho, Capoue, Ade, Kaboul and Naughton all seem very much surplus to requirements.

Yeah. Interesting that Vlad seems so heavily trusted by Poch at the same time as the rumours are so strong about him leaving.

Yeah. Interesting that Vlad seems so heavily trusted by Poch at the same time as the rumours are so strong about him leaving.
Vlad has done well at RB since being tried there. I would be fine with holding onto him until the summer if Kaboul was off and someone new to the league was coming in to replace him.

Vlad has done well at RB since being tried there. I would be fine with holding onto him until the summer if Kaboul was off and someone new to the league was coming in to replace him.

Moreno in along with Yedlin, Kaboul and Naughton out probably sees us break even or turn a small profit without increasing our wage budget and strengthen considerably.

Moreno in along with Yedlin, Kaboul and Naughton out probably sees us break even or turn a small profit without increasing our wage budget and strengthen considerably.

Agreed. With Vlad providing cover should either of them take awhile to adapt.

It probably comes down to which players there is interest in.

Our big areas are up front. As in a number 9. And the complete deep midfielder.

2 players. Top class ones. Could make a huge difference to our season.

This really is the time to invest in some real quality instead of quantity. Getting that quality though is easier said than done. Cabaye would be my choice + a striker. Out with Naughton, Kaboul, Ade, Dembele and one of Lennon or Townsend and Maybe Paulinho if the price is right, but I do still feel that Paulinho might come good and have a role in the team.

Last edited:
Back