• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Did Jose ditch de Bruyne because he had a bit of a poor attitude? I'm sure I read something like that a while ago. Anyways I'm not convinced that he's type of player we need at the moment.

Aston Villa face a battle to keep Aly Cissokho despite only signing him in the summer as Spurs and Napoli are now interested.

The French left-back has impressed at the West Midlands club with his attacking ability and inswinging crossing.

He is now on the radar of both Tottenham and Napoli who are considering January bids.

Cissokho was snapped up from Valencia in a cut-price deal on a four-year contract after being on loan at Liverpool last term.

Villa boss Paul Lambert is sure to fight to keep the ace but has also instructed scouts to target another possible left-back.

It has been a problem position for the Scot who has previously signed and played Joe Bennett, Antonio Luna and Ryan Bertrand there.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-napoli-interested-signing-aston-4850930

:ross:

Yes, that's exactly what we need.

Some noises from Romania about Chiriches to Roma. Makes sense really.

Emanuel Roşu @Emishor

Vlad Chiriches will probably start the new year with a transfer to AS Roma. Now 90% sure. #thfc
1:25 PM - 22 Dec 2014

Id sell Naughton before Chiriches at this point and see how ready Yedlin is over the remainder of the season - he may end up needing a loan next season before being ready to be a first team squad member.

Id sell Naughton before Chiriches at this point and see how ready Yedlin is over the remainder of the season - he may end up needing a loan next season before being ready to be a first team squad member.

Yedlin will likely play in cup games and Europa this year and act as cover for Walker. Thats fine and eases him in slowly. He's far more a like for like cover for Walker than Naughton is anyway

I would flog NAughton and Chiriches in Jan. Yedlin and Moreno in. Means that we'd be starting to get teh back line sorted ot with 2 good GKs, 2 good RBs, 3 good CBs and 2 adequate LBs

If we sell both Chiriches and Naughton and then Yedlin turns out to not be good enough or a couple of years away from being good enough then we're gonna be back in the market for a second choice RB - so bestc hoice would surely to be to keep one of Naughton Chiriches until we assess Yedlin further?

If we sell both Chiriches and Naughton and then Yedlin turns out to not be good enough or a couple of years away from being good enough then we're gonna be back in the market for a second choice RB - so bestc hoice would surely to be to keep one of Naughton Chiriches until we assess Yedlin further?

Boro fans seem pleased with Fredericks. Maybe Poch has him in mind as a back up

Boro fans seem pleased with Fredericks. Maybe Poch has him in mind as a back up

Good point. Not to mention Dier and Kaboul who are over sized, but able. Both decent getting forward, big and strong for set pieces too. Right now I think we'll listen to offers for any peripheral players. We have a bloated squad, and pretensions to be the next Southampton promoting players through the youth teams. Its an exciting model. Potentially we could invest transfer fees in just two elite players a season with academy graduates making up the squad. There's no point having 40k a week players on the bench, when you could be developing your own.

I agree. Happy to gamble in the group stage of the Europa but we play real teams from hereon in.

Naughton's wages are probably super low.

If the rumours about Vlad and Roma are true, sell Vlad, hold on to Naughton until summer, by then you would know if Yedlin really is ready.

Remember Yedlin needs to adapt to a step up, PL and Poch's style .. not likely to be ready for 2-3 months at best. And I'd much rather have Naughton at RB than either Vlad/Dier

If the rumours about Vlad and Roma are true, sell Vlad, hold on to Naughton until summer, by then you would know if Yedlin really is ready.

Remember Yedlin needs to adapt to a step up, PL and Poch's style .. not likely to be ready for 2-3 months at best. And I'd much rather have Naughton at RB than either Vlad/Dier

Yep. Yedlin is a complete unknown and more than likely will take time to acclimatise. Naughton is a more than decent backup and I think I would hang onto to him until the summer too. Vlad has had a few highlights but mostly lowlights in his Spurs career and I would get shot of him if any decent offer came in.

Swansea have signed Nelson Oliveira from Benfica on loan to cover for Bony.

Southampton have signed Eljero Elia from Werder Bremen on loan with an option for a permanent deal.

Naughton's wages are probably reasonably low at least.

However he could probably command a £7-8m transfer fee, money that could be put towards players for other positions if we trust Yedlin along with Dier, (Vlad if kept around), Kaboul, Fredericks or whoever Poch thinks the best option is.

It's pretty clear that Naughton and Yedlin would provide more solid cover for Walker than just Yedlin. But would just Yedlin and £7-8m put towards a Schneiderlin/Benteke/Berahino/whoever our targets actually are be better than Yedlin and Naughton as cover for right back.

Another question is if getting games this winter and spring will help Yedlin develop and settle more than just training with the team and being the backup for the backup would...

Naughton's wages are probably reasonably low at least.

However he could probably command a £7-8m transfer fee, money that could be put towards players for other positions if we trust Yedlin along with Dier, (Vlad if kept around), Kaboul, Fredericks or whoever Poch thinks the best option is.

It's pretty clear that Naughton and Yedlin would provide more solid cover for Walker than just Yedlin. But would just Yedlin and £7-8m put towards a Schneiderlin/Benteke/Berahino/whoever our targets actually are be better than Yedlin and Naughton as cover for right back.

Another question is if getting games this winter and spring will help Yedlin develop and settle more than just training with the team and being the backup for the backup would...

In a normal position I would agree, but Walker is a speed player (as is Yedlin), speed often = more injuries

I think we have seen enough of what "stand in FB" looks like vs. real FB to go that lean. Vlad would probably command same level of fee as Naughton

Their wages are most likely on par as well tbf

I may be in a minority but i think Chirches has shown early promise at RB - looks mouldable in to a like for like replacement for Walker (able to carry the ball forward, good technique/passing) whereas for me Naughton doesn't quite seem to have those attributes and is more of a safety first defensive RB - which is why id rather have VC over him.

Their wages are most likely on par as well tbf

I may be in a minority but i think Chirches has shown early promise at RB - looks mouldable in to a like for like replacement for Walker (able to carry the ball forward, good technique/passing) whereas for me Naughton doesn't quite seem to have those attributes and is more of a safety first defensive RB - which is why id rather have VC over him.

+1 with you on this. He looks more capable there than at CB. I'd be happy for us to sell Naughton and Kaboul as Chiriches can cover both players position's, but I don't think Naughton and Kaboul will fetch the same amount together as Chiriches alone.

Back