• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I don't think the lad is worth that yet, but let's not pretend he isn't a decent striker.

he is, but my worry would be that his attitude is questionable, they are already suffering with that at Liverpool if the rumours around Sturrridge are true, why add another potential problem in such an important position?

from the lads point of view, Suarez aside, it's becoming a bit of a striker graveyard up there, his development would probably benefit more from staying at WBA and playing regularly in a low(er) pressure environment, the last thing his ego needs is Brenton falsely inflating it

he is, but my worry would be that his attitude is questionable, they are already suffering with that at Liverpool if the rumours around Sturrridge are true, why add another potential problem in such an important position?

from the lads point of view, Suarez aside, it's becoming a bit of a striker graveyard up there, his development would probably benefit more from staying at WBA and playing regularly in a low(er) pressure environment, the last thing his ego needs is Brenton falsely inflating it

Eh? Care to elaborate about these rumours re Sturridge??

Or was it a typo and you meant Balotelli? :lol:

according to one of the podcasts I listen to (FW/TT/TFR) can't remember which, he has motivation issues when injured and doesn't put the work in, which leads to longer recovery times and repeated breakdowns, apparently Liverpools medical staff also feel this leads to it being more likely for him to be injured again in future and that a lot of his issues are related to a thigh injury suffered many years ago

according to one of the podcasts I listen to (FW/TT/TFR) can't remember which, he has motivation issues when injured and doesn't put the work in, which leads to longer recovery times and repeated breakdowns, apparently Liverpools medical staff also feel this leads to it being more likely for him to be injured again in future and that a lot of his issues are related to a thigh injury suffered many years ago

Ok thanks. Interesting...

Becoming? outside of Torres and Suarez (both WC in their prime), it's been a strikers graveyard for a long long time

This would be brilliant. It would be comparable to us paying £16m for Darren Bent.
There'll still be someone on here who would say that getting trumped by Liverpool shows a lack of ambition by Levy and that signing him in January would have guaranteed a top four place.

Spending 20 million plus on a getable premier league striker right now would only be justified for Bony or Benteke. Even then many would question it.

I think I'd rather see Benteke ahead of Bony.

I'm not overly keen on either myself. Neither are used, or IMO particularly equipped, to play in a system like ours, where they'll need play against deep-sitting defences and utilise intelligent movement

I'm not overly keen on either myself. Neither are used, or IMO particularly equipped, to play in a system like ours, where they'll need play against deep-sitting defences and utilise intelligent movement
Poch clearly likes a big number 9 hold up player in the mould of Adebayor, Benteke and Bony. What striker do you think would be ideal in his system in Utopia?

Back