• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Oh come off it. Shaqiri a poor mans Townsend? :ross: :ross:

Despite the fact he's infinitely better in every aspect of the game.

Modric went for too little, we accepted a low fee so as to not sell to Chelsea.

I mean, 33 million pounds wasn't a bad price IMO, especially considering that Modric was basically refusing to play and that it was a transfer abroad. No matter how good, non-goal scoring CMs rarely go for much more than that. The only CM that I can think of that went for more is Ozil, who is really more of a #10. I think it was a great fee, especially considering that I don't have to watch him play for a team I hate.

I have started watching Shaqiri more since the rumours. I reckon the fact is that nobody really knows how good he can be in this league. It's a risk. He might be amazing and he might be a Townsend. But what we do know is that we don't want to take risks ala Lamela. But he is a lot cheaper.

Other than Lennon, can you name a modern day wide player who isn't?

It's been bred into youth players for about 10-15 years now.
Bale when he came through before Redknapp/AVB gave him a free role?
What about the two for Palace the other week?
Walcott? Navas? Routledge? Valencia? Ben Arfa? Downing? Young? Jarvis?

Last edited:
Shawcross anyone?

Looked good for a team defending deep 95% of the time with full backs that would barely leave their own box, never mind their own half, and where their idea of buildup play from the back was a back pass to the goalie who would then hoof it.

I don't watch a lot of Stoke, but he's looked significantly worse to me under Hughes when they've tried occasionally playing some football.

Really don't think he's a good fit for us.

Looked good for a team defending deep 95% of the time with full backs that would barely leave their own box, never mind their own half, and where their idea of buildup play from the back was a back pass to the goalie who would then hoof it.

I don't watch a lot of Stoke, but he's looked significantly worse to me under Hughes when they've tried occasionally playing some football.

Really don't think he's a good fit for us.

100% right

Shawcross anyone?

don__t_do_drugs_by_cgsomnium-d59qwcs.jpg

His signing would make sense, although I had hoped for someone younger perhaps he is proven quality. Then again so was Soldado

Some of today's top rumours jokes: :ross:

Manchester United have agreed a swap deal which would see Xherdan Shaquiri and £7m in cash arrive at Old Trafford in place of Ander Herrera.

Emirates Marketing Project are lining up a £20m swoop for Chelsea reject Kevin De Bruyne.

Liverpool are considering bring back Fernando Torres to the club.

Gareth Bale is open to a move to Man Utd

Jose Mourinho has launched a stinging attack on officials who he feels are victimising his players.

Jose Mourinho has launched a stinging attack on officials who he feels are victimising his players.

That one I can believe. Utter tripe and not at all voiced so his players can carry on diving and feigning injury to gain advantage.

Be Bruyne - I'd go for him even though we're overloaded in the midfield.

No way Bale will move to Man U just after a fantastic debut season (another goal and trophy yesterday)

Be Bruyne - I'd go for him even though we're overloaded in the midfield.

No way Bale will move to Man U just after a fantastic debut season (another goal and trophy yesterday)

De Bruyne is class

Better than Willian for a start so I don't get why Chelsea sold him.... But they made a hell of a profit on him

Back