• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Spurs making little headway with Valencia forward Roberto Soldado

SPURS appear to making little headway in their pursuit of Valencia forward Roberto Soldado.

The 28-year-old has been linked with a move away from the Mestalla this summer, and was originally considered as part of a sensational £36m double swoop for Spurs.

However, a deal appears close to collapsing as the north London outfit are reticent to meet the player's £25.9m release clause.

But Los Che coach Mirolsav Djukic has ruled out a move for Soldado this summer.

"I think Roberto Soldado will stay here," Djukic told reporters.

"He wants to be involved and has been asking what’s been going on.

"Soldado is a very important player and I want him to be the leader of this team."

Soldado hit 28 goals for Valencia last season.

I'm getting the feeling that this is going to be a long summer. Not sure at all that we'll sign a new first choice striker. On the bright side, there's always the chance that Ade will turn into the version that we saw his first season with us. In that case him, Bale and Lennon/Siggy is still pretty damn good!

John Bostock on Twitter:

Delighted to announce that I've signed for Royal Antwerp FC today.

Can't wait to start the season...

Pretty sure he's got dual nationality and is half Italian so he wouldn't need a work permit would he?

Yeah, his father was granted an Italian passport so he has dual nationality and doesn't need a work permit.

I've only seen him in the flesh once, in the Next Gen game against Barca last year, and I thought he was a long way off being good enough for the first team.

What's especially bricky about this window is that it ends on September 2nd since the 31st of August is a saturday. HOORAY MORE ITK

What's especially bricky about this window is that it ends on September 2nd since the 31st of August is a saturday. HOORAY MORE ITK

Go on, admit it. You love it really and it's the first thread you click on every time you log on to GG?

You and countless others who then go on to bash it.

I know I do :lol:

oh-no-yes.gif

:lol:
Of course I hope that some days there's some actual ITK. Great for procrastinating at work, but it's true, I feed into it in the hopes of being surprised and getting some genuine news about a position we've needed to strengthen in. Some of the stuff in here is just #-o

What's likely to happen with Fulham now? Are they going to be spending a little bit more now that they have new owners?

Is any one else surprised at the complete and utter lack of ITK at the moment? I spend a week in Spain and NOTHING new at all.
Hopefully the Chairman is teasing us all and will pull some rabbits out of the hat at the last moment, but I do worry that it will be very last moment, and that, as usual, we will start the season without all the pieces of the jigsaw.
Business as usual then!!

Back