• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Go on, admit it. You love it really and it's the first thread you click on every time you log on to GG?

You and countless others who then go on to bash it.

I know I do :lol:

Its the forum equivalent of reality tv
You know it mostly made up, attention seeking bs from a bunch of nobodys

You know it's total brick
You know you shouldnt look or even give it the time of day

But you do. You have too. The intrigue is to powerful not to

And you know you'll hate yourself afterwards

while we've got paulinho in and good headway with sandro and kaboul's recovery, it certainly feels like there's a lot more to do with transfers - both in and out. pre-season has started and we are still lacking in a few areas e.g. left back (unless rose stays), creative CMs (unless siggy and/or holtby are to play that role), strikers (unless dembele is used up front) and left and right wing (unless townsend returns).

in one sense we do have back up (in brackets in the worst case scenario), and with Baldini's entry I think we will see a more stable transfer policy which i guess will be centred on youth, PSV style. the excellent youth academy is evidence of our commitment to this - on top of it coming before the main stadium, I do think management will start to focus on reaping returns from youth development.

so i won't be surprised if we don't ever see a marquee signing, and its very possible that between baldini, avb and sherwood, we start to resemble the PSV assembly line very soon.

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats 4m
BREAKING - Tottenham have made a bid for Leandro, 20. Brazilian forward who currently plays for Grêmio. #THFC #Brazil

Would be funny if this happened.

Imagine if it was him we were after the whole time but we didn't realize there were two of them, and we're dealing with the wrong one ...

BREAKING - Tottenham have made a bid for Leandro, 20. Brazilian forward who currently plays for Grêmio. #THFC #Brazil

Never seen him play before, his skill level seem insane though.
9 goals in 17 games out on loan to Palmeiras recently,
got his first cap for Brazil, scored on debut.
One for the left forward role it seems

[video=youtube;F9uE_ZvPm3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9uE_ZvPm3w[/video]

Used buy him on FIFA 13, always cheap and always delivered, never seen him play but have read that he is one for the future but had a little slump, supposed to be promising though.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/thescoutsnotebook/id/311?cc=5739

with Baldini's entry I think we will see a more stable transfer policy which i guess will be centred on youth, PSV style. the excellent youth academy is evidence of our commitment to this - on top of it coming before the main stadium, I do think management will start to focus on reaping returns from youth development.

so i won't be surprised if we don't ever see a marquee signing, and its very possible that between baldini, avb and sherwood, we start to resemble the PSV assembly line very soon.

I definitely agree with the first paragraph. I think for at least the next 5-6 years, while we build the ground, we will model ourselves on Porto/Dortmund/Ajax/PSV/Arsenal. We'll buy lots of teenagers who will come in and allow us to sell off a big established player every other year. But rather than having to watch Zokora/Pav replace Carrick/Berbatov, it'll be like a hydra - cut one down and two even more fierce players will appear. With Baldini, AVB and Freund, we've got incrdible knowledge and contacts across Brazil, Argentina, Portugual, Italy and Germany - all the world's top markets (save maybe Spain and Belgium).

However, I think we need to begin this from a position of strength - a team comfortably in the top 4. To be this I think all we need is a top drawer CF and LF - say Soldado/Leandro and Bernard. If we spend £35m on them, I'd be happy if all we did over the next 2-3 years is slowly replace the likes of Dempsey, Friedel and BAE with kids.

Looks a tad bit greedy and doesn't seem to want to cross when in a good position, also he is always on the floor.

Based on that video, yes please. The new Taarabt... crazy skill, not quite the pace to make the dribbling devastating but pleasing to watch, looks like he has mad skills at pulling teams out of shape.

Bernard looks a bit more polished but this guy lools like he has the potential to be an annoying fudger for opposition fans

Bernard looks a bit more polished but this guy lools like he has the potential to be an annoying fudger for opposition fans

Most news reports have said we've pulled out of Bernard race as he's too expensive for us.

I think for the price mentioned (£17m) it's more do-able within our budget.

2bh though it looks like the Chadli deal is going to go through and I think he will be our player for this position. These Brazilians seem a bit too expensive versus risk for us as a club - Paulinho the exception as he had a set release clause that prevented his price inflating beyond what we were prepared to pay as his stock rose and iterest from other clubs materialised.

Most news reports have said we've pulled out of Bernard race as he's too expensive for us.

2bh though it looks like the Chadli deal is going to go through and I think he will be our player for this position. These Brazilians seem a bit too expensive versus risk for us as a club - Paulinho the exception as he had a set release clause that prevented his price inflating beyond what we were prepared to pay as his stock rose and iterest from other clubs materialised.

eh?

Not sure point about release clause stops the price inflating if other clubs get involved - just means that if we were the only club who bid the release trigger and he agreed a deal with us they'd have to let him go. If another club had bid higher they could have sold to them instead.

Not sure point about release clause stops the price inflating if other clubs get involved - just means that if we were the only club who bid the release trigger and he agreed a deal with us they'd have to let him go. If another club had bid higher they could have sold to them instead.

Well not exactly. Why would another club bid higher?

'We'll let him go for 17m'

'Well i'd like to bid 20m please'

I don't see that happening. Both teams would have bid 17m, the relative positions between the clubs and the personal terms would be the differences.

Got a text earlier today from an LFC fiend of mine asking about Adebayor and what I thought of his attitude. I game a lone winded answer of his pros and cons. In the end he said that he'd seen a picture of Ade and his reps meeting Liverpool's MD...anyone else seen this?

I got a text from a Liverpool friend and he said one of there more 'exceptional' ITKs has stated that they have agreed a 17.2m deal for Bernard.

I replied 'dillusional qunt'

Well not exactly. Why would another club bid higher?

'We'll let him go for 17m'

'Well i'd like to bid 20m please'

I don't see that happening. Both teams would have bid 17m, the relative positions between the clubs and the personal terms would be the differences.

Disagree! A release clause just means that the selling club has to allow the player to talk to any club offering that amount. But if several clubs are interested and the player is undecided you could still have an auction situation on both the transfer fee and the personal terms for the player.

Back