• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

At least Jese Rodriguez can get into the Spain U20 team and look good. Has Ceballos actually played for Spain at any level or have they realised that he just isn't that good?

Not playing at youth level doesn't necessarily mean he is brick. The great Didier Drogba never played for Ivory Coast at any youth level, and didn't get his first cap until he was 24. Ruud Van Nistelrooy never turned out for the Dutch u-21s and didn't played for the Dutch until he was 22. Obviously, those are World Class Players, but Ceballos doesn't need to be world class to become a useful addition to our squad.

Instead of making empty comparisons, mind enlightening us with some concrete reasons that are related to his game as to why you think he won't make it here? I'm a USA-based fan, so I obviously haven't seen him play, though I've read tons of ringing endorsements on him and rumors that Real Madrid were interested in bringing him back to Spain.

Corriere dello Sport aren't best pleased with Tottenham Hotspur today and claim that the London club have hijacked a Roma move which was almost completed for Manchester United's Nani. Corriere dello Sport are based in Rome and, like most European press, are loyal to their local side. They say that Franco Baldini, who was at Roma last season, has moved in to scupper moves the Serie A side had set up for PSV midfielder Strootman and Manchester United winger Nani.

Baldini recently took up a director of football role at Tottenham Hotspur, similar to what he did for Roma, and Corriere claim that the two players are his choice rather than that of Andre Villas Boas. They're suggesting that he was working on deals for the pair whilst he was in Italy and has used that knowledge and contacts, made during arranging those potential moves, to benefit Tottenham.

The Strootman move wouldn't make huge sense, given the recent purchase of Paulinho, it's a chunk of money Tottenham don't need to spend unless they could get a bargain, or are planning on selling other midfielders. Nani sounds more likely.

Corriere claim it was all but sorted that he would become a Roma player, with a transfer fee of €15m to Manchester United and a wage of just €2.8m per year for four seasons. It's not specified but we assume that to be after tax, it's a lot less than the wage Nani was looking for and he probably wishes he hadn't given Manchester United such high demands last season. Corriere say he'll earn bonuses on top of that but it's hardly in football's top tier of wages, or even the secondary league.

Nani would be an exciting signing for Tottenham if the move went ahead and would be given a chance to prove to Manchester United how wrong they were. Corriere are going to be quite annoyed on behalf of Roma if Baldini has stepped in, knowing the amounts already discussed, and goes on to secure the Manchester United man for Spurs.

The Italian newspaper say, probably correctly, that Tottenham could offer more in wages to both the Dutch and Portuguese internationals. Nani has been linked with moves to Russia in the past and if it's purely money he's looking for then that would be a likely route, but the chance to stay in the Premier League may be a tempting one.

What kind of midfielder is this Strootman fella? I remember United being linked with him a few times.

Didn't Gutterboy say he was a kind of deep playmaker type? No idea really.

I think if we sign Strootman, then either Carroll is going on loan, the coaching staff have been dissapointed in what they've seen of Holtby since he joined, we're getting rid of Sigurdsson or maybe Sandro/Dembele's fitness issues are worse than reported???

Would be happy with Nani though. Think he's a definate upgrade on Lennon in that he has more ball flair, scores more goals and he can play comfortably on either flank.

I'd love Nani, but wasn't one of the reasons his relationship with fergie soured that he demanded a massive payrise? Or am I just imagining that?

It does seem like a Levy type of deal though, relative cheap with massive potential for a big fee if we sell him in two years time.

Didn't Gutterboy say he was a kind of deep playmaker type? No idea really.

I think if we sign Strootman, then either Carroll is going on loan, the coaching staff have been dissapointed in what they've seen of Holtby since he joined, we're getting rid of Sigurdsson or maybe Sandro/Dembele's fitness issues are worse than reported???

GB also claimed Christian Poulsen was a "deep lying playmaker that is similar to Michael Carrick" when he was at Sevilla. He's also said a few other things about certain players style of play that was way off the mark (Poulsen's midfield partner Renato being a Makelele type DM and Negredo being a Berbatov type striker springs to mind).

hmmm Nani in the left forward role as part of a front 3??:-k think me like

ideal scenario.....

Spurs-Benteke
PSG-Cavani
Napoli-Higuain
Real-Suarez
Emirates Marketing Project-Negredo
Chelsea-Rooney
Southampton-Damaio
Liverpool-Hooper
Arsenal-Sanogo

ideal scenario.....

Spurs-Benteke
PSG-Cavani
Napoli-Higuain
Real-Suarez
Emirates Marketing Project-Negredo
Chelsea-Rooney
Southampton-Damaio
Liverpool-Hooper
Arsenal-Sanogo

:ross:Arsemania would be worth a read in that scenario.

Beşiktaş have agreed personal terms with Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor according to Fanatik.

The deal breaker for Adebayor is reported to be the future of Beşiktaş in European competition.

The Black Eagles finished the 2012-13 Turkish Süper Lig in third position however, will not be participating in the Europa League next season after being handed a one-year European competition ban from UEFA.

Beşiktaş have challenged the ruling and are waiting for the outcome of their appeal.

Eagles manager Beşiktaş manager Slaven Bilic recently admitted he would like to see Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor join the club.

"Adebayor is a very talented player, anyone would like him to be a part of their squad," Bilic said speaking to Lig Tv.

Beşiktaş board member Ahmet Kavalcı also recently confirmed that an offer had been made for the Togolese international.

"We are definitely interested in him Adebayor and have made an offer," Kavalcı said.

The Eagles lack depth upfront, with Hugo Almeida, the injury prone Mustafa Pektemek and recent signing Ömer Şişmanoğlu being the only viable options.

Spurs transfer listed Adebayor after a poor season - the Togolese international only scored five Premier League goals in 25 appearances.

Beşiktaş have also been closely linked with Nigerian international Michael Eneramo.

Back