• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

And also by your logic, we should probably avoid Jese Rodriguez, as he is already 20 and hasn't done anything in the first team. Or does that one year make that big of a difference? I would much rather go on a case-by-case basis than making big sweeping generalizations that if someone hasn't broken through to the first team by 21 that they are useless.

At least Jese Rodriguez can get into the Spain U20 team and look good. Has Ceballos actually played for Spain at any level or have they realised that he just isn't that good?

BOpd65ECcAAB4oL.jpg

strootman?????? thought he was on man utd to do list...... cant see the point in buying a Kevin when we have bought Aunty Pauline.

please no more midfielders............lol pssst Daniel striker needed.

Reckon we are serious about Nani a.k.a Michael Jackson though he could repay the debt of constantly scoring against us..

Interesting news re: Villa...I am surprised but have to say, it looks like Barca tried to take the tinkle out of us with regards to the fee...gets sold to AM for 4.5 mill EUROS?!!!! It appears the player would prefer to stay in Spain for a variety of reasons, so really, what more could be done? Players say they want to go to clubs and then don't move there. We'll be fine. We'll find a quality striker, I trust Baldini and AVB...I am disappointed, but there we go...

Interesting news re: Villa...I am surprised but have to say, it looks like Barca tried to take the tinkle out of us with regards to the fee...gets sold to AM for 4.5 mill EUROS?!!!! It appears the player would prefer to stay in Spain for a variety of reasons, so really, what more could be done? Players say they want to go to clubs and then don't move there. We'll be fine. We'll find a quality striker, I trust Baldini and AVB...I am disappointed, but there we go...

Yeah, I think most of us are disappointed, but it's hardly a big surprise. To a Spaniard, Atletico Madrid are a bigger club than Tottenham. And at 31, he's probably not looking to uproot himself completely, learn a new language, get to grips with a new league (and climate)... especially if there are other options available. A move to London when you're 21 and just starting your career is an exciting new challenge. At 31 though, and with 3 young kids, it could be a bit of a chore for some people. I can't blame him for choosing AM. And I can't blame Levy / Baldini / AVB / Spurs for failing to bring him to London if he didn't want to come.

Hopefully Spurs are already working hard on Plans B, C, D & E.

Solid and reasonable posts both Steff and DS.

No need to look for excuses, I think CL football made a big difference along with what has already been said.

Onwards and upwards. Who's the new dream signing with Villa out of the picture?

Dzeko and Higuain mentioned by DHSF in the Gomez thread. Soldado? Osvaldo? Rickie Lambert?

Would love us to go for Higuain and beat Arsenal to it but let's face it, he'll want CL football and, for now, we can't offer it.

Would love us to go for Higuain and beat Arsenal to it but let's face it, he'll want CL football and, for now, we can't offer it.
The only way I can see us pulling this off is using our 'special relationship'. And by that I mean using the future sale of Bale to them as leverage.

Solid and reasonable posts both Steff and DS.

No need to look for excuses, I think CL football made a big difference along with what has already been said.

Onwards and upwards. Who's the new dream signing with Villa out of the picture?

Dzeko and Higuain mentioned by DHSF in the Gomez thread. Soldado? Osvaldo? Rickie Lambert?

now we are talking !!

Henrik Mkhitaryan , Abidal, Villa, Gomez..they are dropping like flies!!!

I think Villa was the only one we wanted. As soon as we failed to get CL the chances of getting ALL our no one targets diminished, the fact is we've won one lost one so far this window but we have to move on to the next one. Paulinho is still an amazing signing!

The only one of those we've been credibly linked to is Villa. Let's not get overly dramatic quite yet, it's not even mid July yet!

its not about who we are linked to, its about there not being many options left. It seems clubs are working quickly to get strikers in.

Could we not take gambles on a Kiessling or a Hosinar?

kiessling look a tidy player even if a bit older than I like. Plays a link up game as well as a scoring one. Actually last season he looke similar to Ade did for us the yet before and I assume would cost reasonable money an would jump at the chance.

Ill be honest and say I've never heard of Hosinar

Back