• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

---------Tottenham v Liverpool OMT-------

We do? I dont think we are entitled Top 4 and most of the more reasoned posters on here dont seem to.

Liverscum think they have a right to be at the TOP of the league not just top 4.

The boo boys in Paxton are certainly grade-a entitlement tossers

How's that that different from us? The 6th biggest club who feel for some reason that we're entitled to finish in the top 4.

I don't think were entitled to finish in the top four...!

How do you figure that out...?
I think it's the same with most Spurs fans that we would like to finish there...sure I think we have finished below are pedigree as a club throughout the years...but that's how it goes...

I'm hoping we bring them back down to earth with a bump. We could really do with some payback after recent results.

3-0 COYS!

Dont think we can get away with playing Alli in central midfield without Dier sitting their doing all the defensive work.
I wouldn't remove Alderweireld from the defence. He's the one holding it together. Vertonghen would be the one to move but he'd sulk.
Dembele ruins our tempo in central midfield.
Tempted to start N'Jie to test Liverpool's new high line which they will no doubt fudge up on the first day.

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Lamela Carroll Winks Eriksen
Alli
Kane

After the Dier interview post-City, I get the feeling that "Klopp-mania" may actually help us in continuing to forge that 'us against the world' mentality, giving us extra motivation to prove everyone wrong and tinkle on the Liverpool parade.

Without Dier, Son, Bentaleb and Mason winning will certainly be much more challenging, but our team will still be very strong.

The game will be won in midfield. Really, our success going forward is reliant on Chadli turning up and Lamela having a good game. Dembele also needs to move the ball quickly and pass with some adventure, actions he often seems reticent to take.

If we get overrun (we really shouldn't), then they will just pick us off - as they have done in pretty much every recent game against them.

2-2 (Chadli, Kane - Sturridge x2). Please prove me wrong boys!

Dont think we can get away with playing Alli in central midfield without Dier sitting their doing all the defensive work.
I wouldn't remove Alderweireld from the defence. He's the one holding it together. Vertonghen would be the one to move but he'd sulk.
Dembele ruins our tempo in central midfield.
Tempted to start N'Jie to test Liverpool's new high line which they will no doubt fudge up on the first day.

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Lamela Carroll Winks Eriksen
Alli
Kane

Eriksen wide? No Chadli? Carroll and Winks at CM??? Suicide IMO.

Eriksen absolutely ran the game against Swansea. As promising as Alli is, he is nowhere near good enough to start at AM ahead of a fit and in-form Eriksen, regardless of our CM problems.

And anyway - we can't get away with playing Alli deep, but Tom 'frame of a 15 year-old' Carroll next to a 19 year old with 2 professional appearances to his name is fine?

yeah, sorry, I was suggesting him instead of Chadli

Dembele hasn't played in a while though? Whereas Chadli is match sharp.

As ever with Chadli, you think about dropping him but then he produces a goal or 2 and you just cant leave him out.

Eriksen wide? No Chadli? Carroll and Winks at CM??? Suicide IMO.

Eriksen absolutely ran the game against Swansea. As promising as Alli is, he is nowhere near good enough to start at AM ahead of a fit and in-form Eriksen, regardless of our CM problems.

And anyway - we can't get away with playing Alli deep, but Tom 'frame of a 15 year-old' Carroll next to a 19 year old with 2 professional appearances to his name is fine?

Its not about physicality that i reckon Alli is vulnerable in the middle. Its his frequent forwards runs leave his partner alone.

Shocking isnt it that I'd rather two central midfielders able to control the tempo of the game through passing ability rather than a Belgian with no vision that refuses to pass and a talented player who I think is much more of a threat further up the pitch and tends to bomb forward leaving the midfield vulnerable in transitions against a Liverpool team looking to play on the break.

--------------Lloris---------------
Walker--Fazio--Vert---Davies
-----------Toby---Alli-----------
Lamela-----Eriksen----Chadli
--------------Keane------------

Their main threat is Coutinho who will start from the left and drift inside in front of our centre backs. I would rather have a like-for-lie replacement for Dier. Fazio over Wimmer IMO.

--------------Lloris---------------
Walker--Fazio--Vert---Davies
-----------Toby---Alli-----------
Lamela-----Eriksen----Chadli
--------------Keane------------

Their main threat is Coutinho who will start from the left and drift inside in front of our centre backs. I would rather have a like-for-lie replacement for Dier. Fazio over Wimmer IMO.

I would be very worried about playing Fazio against a side with mobile inside forwards and I do not like the idea of splitting up Verts and Toby. There is not a natural central midfield option available but I think that playing one of Dembele, Carroll or Winks would be a safer option.

Back