• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham v Inter OMT ***

Love AVB, as some the wise-acres on here have glibly observed, but IMO he made a naive tactical gamble tonight. You cannot play a 35 year old at centre-half and a 41 year old in goal in a 4-4-2 when playing high up the pitch. Especially when you don't have your first-choice left back and your right back is trying to play through a ricket. He will self-recognize this more than anyone else.

Parker's endeavor was good but the fact is (for me) this will be his final season with us as we have progressed beyond that type of player technically. He offered nothing on the ball tonight, he got plenty of it and won it well, but simply not enough really. And I was enormously disappointed with Livermore. Tonight it looked to me like he's gone backwards in terms of development, and on this display, he will not last through the summer. The combination of both of them, added to possibly one of Defoe's worst games in months, was lethal.

I am a JD fan, but he offered nothing tonight, absolutely nothing. As for Adebayor, I have no idea why he continues to play at 60-65% of his abilities (must be psychological) but IMO that 60-65% did enough to once again show why we need him for the remaining games. He was strong, he was a presence and he worked hard. Having failed to get on the end of Defoe ball across the box in the first half, I was happy to see him scuff that ball in from 6 yards; that's what he needs to be doing, although when Bale's fit I'm quite happy for him to be the dogs body and workhorse, to drop wide and allow Bale the room inside...

Dembele was monsterous.

Including extra-time, and counting the last 30 mins @ Anfield, two poor games in terms of focus and performance. I have to say, it's rare that we have three like that. Glass half-full, blip over and now we go forth...

COYS

AdamB should be banned because he didn't believe in his OMT and disgraced us.

Those fans that travelled were immense. COY Lillywhites!

Andre: "Inter were motivated today. They came out and did well they had to. The players have been magnificent to get us into the quarter finals. It's a valuable lesson for us tonight, but we have players who can make a difference in the important moments. We are happy to go through. The players kept fighting in Extra Time, showing they wanted it. We look forward to the draw."

THIS is why he is such a fine manager. No excuses, only reasons, and reasons that everyone, from he as a manager to the players themselves, will apply themselves to learn exactly how to correct it all...

Love AVB, as some the wise-acres on here have glibly observed, but IMO he made a naive tactical gamble tonight. You cannot play a 35 year old at centre-half and a 41 year old in goal in a 4-4-2 when playing high up the pitch. Especially when you don't have your first-choice left back and your right back is trying to play through a ricket. He will self-recognize this more than anyone else.

Parker's endeavor was good but the fact is (for me) this will be his final season with us as we have progressed beyond that type of player technically. He offered nothing on the ball tonight, he got plenty of it and won it well, but simply not enough really. And I was enormously disappointed with Livermore. Tonight it looked to me like he's gone backwards in terms of development, and on this display, he will not last through the summer. The combination of both of them, added to possibly one of Defoe's worst games in months, was lethal.

I am a JD fan, but he offered nothing tonight, absolutely nothing. As for Adebayor, I have no idea why he continues to play at 60-65% of his abilities (must be psychological) but IMO that 60-65% did enough to once again show why we need him for the remaining games. He was strong, he was a presence and he worked hard. Having failed to get on the end of Defoe ball across the box in the first half, I was happy to see him scuff that ball in from 6 yards; that's what he needs to be doing, although when Bale's fit I'm quite happy for him to be the dogs body and workhorse, to drop wide and allow Bale the room inside...

Dembele was monsterous.

Including extra-time, and counting the last 30 mins @ Anfield, two poor games in terms of focus and performance. I have to say, it's rare that we have three like that. Glass half-full, blip over and now we go forth...

COYS
Most negative Stef post ever!

Dembele was massively at fault for both the first two goals

The other thing I love about AVB is how calm the guy remains. He makes me feel stupid about myself. A grown man going mental at his football team. Pathetic. AVB class act. brick team today though

This. Also how many good positions did he get into only for people like Parker to give the ball away needlessly (didn't watch the whole match but from the parts I saw he was feeding off scraps...again...)

I always always try to see what a player brings you versus what they don't. Parker is a warrior. He doesn't stop grafting, he doesn't stop nipping at heels and he doesn't stop working. Vital work ethic and vital spirit. However, the time has come where the team has evolved beyond the player. He simply could not keep, or play, the ball enough or at the right times tonight. It's sad.

Andre: "Inter were motivated today. They came out and did well they had to. The players have been magnificent to get us into the quarter finals. It's a valuable lesson for us tonight, but we have players who can make a difference in the important moments. We are happy to go through. The players kept fighting in Extra Time, showing they wanted it. We look forward to the draw."

That was the only bit I picked up on. Learning.

We won tonight IMO. I could pick holes in every one of our players tonight but we won. None of our players are champions but they will be soon.

Not one for sticking up for Adrian Durham but after the Arsenal result he said people were calling them brave but that summed up arsenal at the moment, brave losers. When the pressure is off they still fail. Fact is that the pressure was off inter today and looking at it it's kind of easy for them to play in that situation. Fact is we dug deep and found something in a game that was running away from us at a rate of knots when the players must have been emotionally shattered at full time in our worst performance of the season, and were still in the hat. If Durham is consistent he won't go to town on us and to be fair his latest tweet is that our 3 teams left in Europa show the depth the premiership has

Most negative Stef post ever!

Dembele was massively at fault for both the first two goals

:ross:\o/

Excellent mate. Will it be stickied? ;)

EDIT: Yes mate, I'd have absolutely played Daws tonight, 100%, and started with BAE. Especially with Brad in goal (who made some excellent saves tonight)...

I know Inter missed a couple of sitters, but so did we, especially in extra-time...when is Gallas going to ut a free header in the back of the opposition net?!

Not one for sticking up for Adrian Durham but after the Arsenal result he said people were calling them brave but that summed up arsenal at the moment, brave losers. When the pressure is off they still fail. Fact is that the pressure was off inter today and looking at it it's kind of easy for them to play in that situation. Fact is we dug deep and found something in a game that was running away from us at a rate of knots when the players must have been emotionally shattered at full time in our worst performance of the season, and were still in the hat. If Durham is consistent he won't go to town on us and to be fair his latest tweet is that our 3 teams left in Europa show the depth the premiership has

Funny old game, football. ade scores on half time it's a routine qualification. i am pleased we are getting all these tests now. i dont want or expect them next season.

AVB should have changed things much earlier tonight than he did. Individual performances aside the whole setup from the start was tactically a mess. Sometimes things don't go as you envisage but what AVB has been pretty good at is seeing the obvious and making subs/changes in response to events on the pitch. Half time subs were needed today but he didn't act for some reason. The match this evening reminded me of the 5-2 loss to the Arse where Redknapp sat on his hands as things went down the toilet. I can't remember his exact words but they were along the lines of "they were tearing us a new one all game and I knew they would score goals". AVB needed to make some brave early decisions tonight but let the problems fester. AVB will doubtless learn from this and in particular he will have leaned a lot more about his squad. Tonight we saw almost all our weaknesses exposed. Inter picked our scab and started poking at the wound.

One thing that I cannot stomach is a player hiding on the pitch. Of all the footballing crimes I believe a player not even trying to get involved in the match is the worst. There was one player on the pitch who added absolutely nothing tonight and that was Defoe. He hid beside his marker for most of the match and rightly tinkled me off. I can forgive a lot if the player tries but half of the time he was just stood there watching the match. Not good enough, especially considering the poor run he's been on. And I would consider myself a Defoe fan.

Anyway I had to get that off my chest. fudge it, we're through.

Are Arsenal or Chelsea still playing Gallas's wages?

Had to record the second half and was spared the 2nd half of extra time as the recording finished early, but WTF was that?

We clearly don't have the squad depth for this many extra games.

Gallas was excellent v Lyon and inter first leg. But he was horrific tonight, just like last time out v inter

i agree with post above that AVB took a tactical gamble.

we had a cushion that he wanted to exploit, to learn from and what better way than to stage it with possibly the oldest spine possible in the modern game (parker-gallas-friedel) and then clad it with mostly super young inexperienced muscle and lungs.

I think AVB was right in going attacking and 442 is fine but the personnel wasnt correct. You dont put Livermore and Parker together and you certainly dont have Friedel behind that back four especially when one is Gallas and the other isnt as sturdy as BAE in Naughton.

We did miss Bale but we also missed Lennon basically we missed pace. I have said this before and I know others have said it but without those two we lack pace we seriously do. We need to buy one or two wingers who have pace.

oh and a fudging GHod DAMN striker.

Very strange decesion to take Dembele out of the middle the last 2 games, im a great believer in not
Making a change that then needs other changes to compliment it.

The biggest error Redknapp made in His tenure imo was when Lennon dropped out late away to Madrid. Instead of a straight swap of Jenas for Lennon, A position Jenas had played many times before he made a change that then required Modric and Bale to move positions as well.So instead of one change there was three! Really poor decision and resulted in us starting like we didnt where we were.

Back