• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham v Inter OMT ***

Not particularly. If you recall Dembele and Parker went through Inter's midfielder like a hot knife through butter.

Thats why I wouldnt have a problem starting with Carroll and Livermore in there. Inter's midfield last week looked awful, though they had a couple lively forwards

Thats why I wouldnt have a problem starting with Carroll and Livermore in there. Inter's midfield last week looked awful, though they had a couple lively forwards

Inter will be A LOT better than they were last year - that is guaranteed. They cannot be just as bad or worse than last week.

I think we need to tread carefully here as the tie is NOT over and one goal early on could be extremely extremely bad.

Friedel
Naughton, Gallas, Caulker, Assou-Ekotto
Parker, Dembele
McEvoy, Holtby, Sigurdsson
Defoe

Wouldn't take too much risk with central midfield,
rather bring people on early if we're safe than to start and possibly get issues early on in the game.

Inter will be A LOT better than they were last year - that is guaranteed. They cannot be just as bad or worse than last week.

I think we need to tread carefully here as the tie is NOT over and one goal early on could be extremely extremely bad.

Personally I think that the Fulham game on sunday (ie less than 72 hours after the Inter game) is massively massively important for us given teh Liverpool result and that its more important than Thurs. Given the 3-0 lead, i would therefore take more of a risk on Thurs in order to improve our chances in what I see as a bigger game on Sunday

Friedel
Naughton, Gallas, Caulker, Assou-Ekotto
Parker, Dembele
McEvoy, Holtby, Sigurdsson
Defoe

Wouldn't take too much risk with central midfield,
rather bring people on early if we're safe than to start and possibly get issues early on in the game.

Maybe we could name McEvoy in the starting line up but just play Bale in his place for the first half.. just in case :)

Personally I think that the Fulham game on sunday (ie less than 72 hours after the Inter game) is massively massively important for us given teh Liverpool result and that its more important than Thurs. Given the 3-0 lead, i would therefore take more of a risk on Thurs in order to improve our chances in what I see as a bigger game on Sunday

What I would do is play a strong first 11 to start the game and at half time change it around if we have at least the 3-0 lead intact. I agree Fulham is massively important but I doubt Lennon will play which means we dont have that creative influence of pace to go on the attack - so we need strong players in the middle to protect our defence. I doubt we will be playing a high line too as we have Brad in goal.

If we play a weakened team and we do get knocked out - that will not boost our confidence whatsoever.

----------------Friedel--------------------
Walker--Gallas----Caulker-----Ekotto
Naughton--Dawson--Verts---Livermore
----------Parker----Huddlestone--------

Ultra defence. Ride it out 0-0

Seriously just start positive and get a goal. Then they need 5 so we can take off Lennon, Dembele and whoever else needs a break. Although I don't think anyone needs a break. I don't actually think giving Bale a break (he doesn't have a choice) is a good thing here. He wants to play. When players are in form all they want to do is play.

----------------Friedel--------------------
Walker--Gallas----Caulker-----Ekotto
Naughton--Dawson--Verts---Livermore
----------Parker----Huddlestone--------

Ultra defence. Ride it out 0-0

Seriously just start positive and get a goal. Then they need 5 so we can take off Lennon, Dembele and whoever else needs a break. Although I don't think anyone needs a break. I don't actually think giving Bale a break (he doesn't have a choice) is a good thing here. He wants to play. When players are in form all they want to do is play.

It's injury risk to key players that is more of a concern rather than giving them a break. An early goal and then I'd give Bale and Dembele the hook.

shouldn't take this lightly at all, an early goal for inter and the dynamic shifts massively, get the job done then worry about fulham afterwards

I can see this being a bit like the tie we saw last night.

We bossed Inter at home and they hardly gave us a scare (AC Milan at home to Barca)
Inter Milan get an early goal tomorrow and we could be in for a long night (Barca at hom to Milan)

We HAVE to take any chances coming our way (Not Niang style)

I'm expecting a strong lineup, something like:

Friedel; Walker, Dawson, Caulker, Naughton; Parker, Dembele; Lennon, Holtby, Sigurdsson; Defoe

I can see this being a bit like the tie we saw last night.

We bossed Inter at home and they hardly gave us a scare (AC Milan at home to Barca)
Inter Milan get an early goal tomorrow and we could be in for a long night (Barca at hom to Milan)

We HAVE to take any chances coming our way (Not Niang style)

Except Inter are nowhere near as good as Barcelona and if we score just once, Inter have to score 5.

AVB hasn't been resting players in this competition so far, he isn't going to start now but this tie isn't as scary as some people are making it out to be.

Except Inter are nowhere near as good as Barcelona and if we score just once, Inter have to score 5.

AVB hasn't been resting players in this competition so far, he isn't going to start now but this tie isn't as scary as some people are making it out to be.

Understand they're not as good but I have no doubt they will come out all guns blazing for this.

They score 1 though who knows what could happen to us. Will we collapse? We will certainly see how far we have come under AVB if they do score early.

Darren Lewis ‏@MirrorDarren

Aaron Lennon and Emmanuel Adebayor have travelled with Spurs for second leg against Inter Milan.

Inter Milan coach Andrea Stramaccioni admits it will take a huge effort to reach the Europa League quarter-finals after their 3-0 first leg defeat.

"We want to do well and honour [the competition], but we know our situation and our numbers are limited," he said.

Stramaccioni has withdrawn Alvaro Pereira, Dejan Stankovic, Ezequiel Schelotto and Marco Benassi from his squad to face Tottenham.

Argentine pair Diego Milito and Walter Samuel are also missing through injury.

"Football is strange. 3-0 is difficult to overturn, but we'll be taking to the field to win," said Stramaccioni.

"We want to do well in front of our fans and win the game, and then as far as qualifying for the next round is concerned, we'll have to see.

"There's no point denying it - we're not playing well at present and it's up to me, as the coach, to find the way to give my players more security which they don't have."

Tottenham will be without Gareth Bale, who is suspended for the second leg.

I'd be disappointed if Lennon started. Would much rather come on about the hour mark and give Inter something to think about.

agree - we beat them 3-0 at home because we are a superior side, AC beat Barca because they got their tactics spot on and caused a bit of an upset, totally different scenarios

agree - we beat them 3-0 at home because we are a superior side, AC beat Barca because they got their tactics spot on and caused a bit of an upset, totally different scenarios

I meant in the sense of the game panning out.

EVERYONE wrote Barca off. Everyone was saying how they were off form and will NEVER keep a cleansheet against Milan because there defence is dodgy. Yet they pulled out one of the best team performances you'll ever see from passion, desire, fight, passing etc. everything was spot on, then again the line up was the exact same that won the CL a few years back except Alba replaced Abidal.

Teams sometimes just have THAT day where everyone is right for them, I refuse to write Inter Milan off.

Back