• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham v Inter OMT ***

-----------------Brad------------------
Walker---Gallas---Caulker----Naughton
----------Parker----Dembele------------
--Lennon------Holtby-----------Siggy----
---------------Adebayor-------------------

1-1

-----------------Brad------------------
Walker---Gallas---Caulker----Naughton
----------Parker----Dembele------------
--Lennon------Holtby-----------Siggy----
---------------Adebayor-------------------

1-1

Walker and Dembele need a break given games played this season plus Parker because of his age and recent workload. I wouldnt risk Lennon either given you can never be sure whether someone has recovered from a niggle like he had and we also dont ahve a like for like replacement in the squad if he were to make it worse

Gallas pulled out of the squad against Liverpool with a calf strain so I'm not sure he'll be ok to play this.

This OMT is a profound and deeply disturbing social document that is a scarifying indictment of the World we live in.

D.P. Gumbey

Agree with this. Given that Lennon (most likely) and Bale are out i would change the way we play a bit. We're already 3-0 up which would also justify it a bit.

----------------Freidel----------------
Naughton----Gallas----Caulker----Bae-
----Dembele----Caroll----Parker-------
Holtby-------Defoe------Siggurdsson--

Would probably swap Dempsey in for Holtby if he was fit. Defoe made a mess of Inter last time, so he can start again. Three men across the midfield, we dominated their midfield last time out so should have even more possession this which will limit the chances that they can create against us. Three up top means we can break and that Inter can't be too gung ho against us.

Realistically if we score a goal we're through.

I like the look of that team. Dawson for Gallas maybe.

Inter 2 - 1 Spurs

I think it will be a pretty bitty game, probably level for a large portion before a reasonably late winner for them but I still expect us to go through

Ah that's what OMT stands for all this time I was under the impression it was Ogres Munching Turnips

How wrong could I have been! It all makes senses now ;-)

Think this will be a tough game that we have to be well prepared for. There's no way Inter will be as crap tomorrow as they were last week, so we shouldn't rest too many first team players. Rather sub a few if there's 20 mins left and we look in control. I'd try:

Friedel
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - BAE
Livermore - Carroll - Parker - Holtby
Dempsey
Ade

Think this will be a tough game that we have to be well prepared for. There's no way Inter will be as crap tomorrow as they were last week, so we shouldn't rest too many first team players. Rather sub a few if there's 20 mins left and we look in control. I'd try:

Friedel
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - BAE
Livermore - Carroll - Parker - Holtby
Dempsey
Ade

I read something this morning which saidthat Walker and Vertonghen had played all 810 minutes of our 9 EL games so far, plus Walker has been more or less ever press in the league and JV has only missed a handful of games I think. I really think this is one where we can give them a rest and play Naughton and Caulker

ironically, the defeat to Liverpool, which in turn makes the Fulham match more important, also in my mind means we shouldn't be too quick to field a weakened team against Inter. I say that because it'd be devastating to morale etc if we were to go out on Thursday night so soon after losing to Liverpool.
We definitely need to rest a few but there is an onus on AVB to manage things with clever substitutions - i did say prior to the first leg that if we were comfortable after 60 mins he should bring off Bale and Lennon - perhaps if he had Lennon wouldn't have picked up the hamstring injury. Anyhow, this is how i'd do it:

......................Friedel
Naughton...Caulker..Dawson.....Ekotto
............Livermore...Parker
Siggy............Dembele..........Holtby
.......................Defoe

I'd want Dembele, Parker and Defoe all off as early as possible to let them have a rest before Fulham.

This starting 11 would allow Walker, Vertonghen, Bale and Lennon all to have a complete rest.

Back