• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARS*NAL OMT***

It's simple.

Ade/Defoe can switch during Europa League games.
Bale plays no matter what, you always play your best players. Rare that Ronaldo or Messi are rested for example.
Lennon can switch with Sigurdsson/Dempsey for a different type of system.
Holtby/Carroll can for me easily come in for Dembele.
Livemore is an adequate replacement for Parker, but I think we can get away with playing some strength in the middle over a period of 4 or so days.
Naughton/Gallas/Caulker/Dawson/Ekotto/Vert all good enough to rotate and get away with a good performance.

We have good depth, not the BEST but we have adequate replacements and a team that could quite easily do damage to teams.

Yeah we have decent depth, im not to worried about the europa affecting our league, we want our players to grow and get used to playing important epl games and europe.

If I have a worry on sunday its that once again theo walcott will step it up against us and try and outshine (if possible) the balester. he has an amazing record against us recently and a horrid habit for scoring in the nld. I think avb should stick with caulks and dawson at central defence.

I have a positive feeling about holtby for sunday whether its as an impact sub or from the start I believe he will get his debut goals.....another left fotted wand to go along with dembele & bale that we have at the club.

Its interesting that we as fans are still looking over our shoulder's at arsenal. I include myself in that. maybe we should think that we are in touching distance of second if city have a wobble and we can keep our run going.

I just hope that we dont make the same mistakes against the hammers on sunday by holding a high line and playing the likes of walcott onside....that is my biggest worry, verts needs to learn if he plays lb on sunday.

Thing is, if we win it ultimately means nothing if we don't go and get something at Anfield or the gap just stays the same as what it was Saturday night, if Arsenal beat Everton at home mind you, which I have no doubt they will.

What?

You seem to be assuming that we're somehow more likely to go and get something at Anfield if we don't win against the scum.

You could say the same about any remaining game this season, "If we don't go ahead and get something against X team some previous win means nothing"

Clearly, regardless of what happens at Anfield a win at home to Arsenal will be influential.

What?

You seem to be assuming that we're somehow more likely to go and get something at Anfield if we don't win against the scum.

You could say the same about any remaining game this season, "If we don't go ahead and get something against X team some previous win means nothing"

Clearly, regardless of what happens at Anfield a win at home to Arsenal will be influential.

Didn't say that at all, but okay..

This is it. Time to put your money where your mouth is, lads.

You spent the last two weeks telling all and sundry you were better than Arsenal, that you had moved above them.

Spurs being Spurs, the world and their dogs expected an epic, slow-motion collapse against West Ham to follow. Under Upton Park lights, bubbles streaming merrily into the air, Bobby Moore's memories lighting up the stands, white-clad defenders making mistake after mistake, losing a lead and then going 2-1 down.....

But it didn't happen. The inevitable bottling was no where to be seen, come full time.
Somehow, you pulled it out of the fire. In a cauldron of ferocious intensity, you managed to leave everyone of a Tottenham disposition astounded. You showed mental strength, resilience, courage, and an unbreakable team spirit. You mobbed the manager that was so brutally castigated by everyone in England last season, and you rammed the gloating sneers of thirty thousand bitter Spammers back down their voiceless throats. You showed, for perhaps the first time, that you really, really believed what you said.

Well, time's come to prove it. To put names to faces, to stare into the eyes of your enemies, to march out under the orange rays of a setting sun with thirty-odd thousand bellowing you on. This weekend, the time has come to prove you are not the Tottenham of old, and to tear back the pride that was lost last season from your counter-parts across the road.

This is the time, lads. We believe. And for GHod's sake, let's hope you do too.

3-1 Spurs, Bale with the first, then Cazorla with the equaliser, followed by another Bale breakaway goal and then a beautiful, cushioned cross rammed home by a leaping Daniel Levy in front of a delirious home crowd. Still in his suit and tie, no less.

Great talk. Great sentiments. Lets hope the team does the walk!!

Ade owes us big time. Surely he must be up for this one - and will deliver for once.

What?

A win would be very influential - put yourselves in the arsenal players minds - if they lose this nld they will then have to go to munich which assuming Bayern dont bottle it again to play a euro game where the tie is done. the mental energy spent flying to munich just to have their champions league exit confirmed would be VERY demorilising.

stating the obvious but winning this nld is massive - aside from the fact they tonked us at the emirates - AVB shouldldt need to motivate the players to much for this one.

collectively we need to go for this and show them no mercy.

This is it. Time to put your money where your mouth is, lads.

You spent the last two weeks telling all and sundry you were better than Arsenal, that you had moved above them.

Spurs being Spurs, the world and their dogs expected an epic, slow-motion collapse against West Ham to follow. Under Upton Park lights, bubbles streaming merrily into the air, Bobby Moore's memories lighting up the stands, white-clad defenders making mistake after mistake, losing a lead and then going 2-1 down.....

But it didn't happen. The inevitable bottling was no where to be seen, come full time.
Somehow, you pulled it out of the fire. In a cauldron of ferocious intensity, you managed to leave everyone of a Tottenham disposition astounded. You showed mental strength, resilience, courage, and an unbreakable team spirit. You mobbed the manager that was so brutally castigated by everyone in England last season, and you rammed the gloating sneers of thirty thousand bitter Spammers back down their voiceless throats. You showed, for perhaps the first time, that you really, really believed what you said.

Well, time's come to prove it. To put names to faces, to stare into the eyes of your enemies, to march out under the orange rays of a setting sun with thirty-odd thousand bellowing you on. This weekend, the time has come to prove you are not the Tottenham of old, and to tear back the pride that was lost last season from your counter-parts across the road.

This is the time, lads. We believe. And for GHod's sake, let's hope you do too.

3-1 Spurs, Bale with the first, then Cazorla with the equaliser, followed by another Bale breakaway goal and then a beautiful, cushioned cross rammed home by a leaping Daniel Levy in front of a delirious home crowd. Still in his suit and tie, no less.

\o/ =D> :lol:

THAT IS THE WAY GUYS. I LIKE IT

But you did say "if we win it ultimately means nothing if we don't go and get something at Anfield"

That's what I'm disagreeing with.

I just feel, we get the points off Arsenal, we get a 10 point gap, right? But then if we go and lose to Liverpool and Arsenal win, it's back to 7. It's like the win evidently meant nothing. Sure to us and bragging rights wise it does, we got one over on Arsenal but overall league outlook, with us to still go to Stamford Bridge, play Stoke and Swansea away which aren't easy etc.

Hello people I have been looking at this site for over a year and reading all your views, has been a great place to get a spurs fans prespective on whats going on at my beloved clubI thought it was time I finally registered and got involved.
Gareth deserves the plaudits he is getting at the moment and it is important that he keeps level headed, I am gussing slightly here but it looks as if the squad,avb and management are keeping him grounded. If Arsenal do keep Gareth quiet then we as spurs fans must not forget that we have other quality players that can hurt them and their fragile defence.

Anyone who is lucky enough to be at the lane on sunday needs to be on a sponsored silence until sunday - spread the word - lets make White Hart Lane a cauldron on sunday. we are third and looking like a team that are very close to challenging for major honours. as fans lets forget who we have not signed...the fact that parkers pass completion rate isnt as high as we would like or that Adebayor has forgotten how to be a striker. this is our team for the rest of the season, they have given us fantastic moments this season, please fellow spurs fans lets now get behind them.

I am pretty sure arsenal will be more worried about us.....no I wouldnt be dissapointed with a draw but avb seems to be installing a winning mentality so we have to think positive going into this match and go for it - we must shake off this feeling as spurs fans that the wheels may come off and realise that we have an amazing team.

Thanks to all the gg posters for a year of making me laugh and some cracking debates.....COYS!

Welcome.

I just feel, we get the points off Arsenal, we get a 10 point gap, right? But then if we go and lose to Liverpool and Arsenal win, it's back to 7. It's like the win evidently meant nothing. Sure to us and bragging rights wise it does, we got one over on Arsenal but overall league outlook, with us to still go to Stamford Bridge, play Stoke and Swansea away which aren't easy etc.

Sorry be a pedant. Its a 4 point gap now so beating Arsenal will mean a 7 point gap.

fudging nervous on this one.

Such a statement game for so many reasons.

May the new Tottenham show it's face for this one.

I would accept a defeat at Anfield if we were guaranteed 3 points on Sunday, that would be so much better than two draws.

Back